Page 2 of 121 FirstFirst 1234561252102 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    A couple things I'm curious about

1)So how does the five year time jump sit with Spider-Man: Far From Home? Did Peter's classmates all get killed as well? Otherwise they'd all be in their twenties (I know that's for the most part the actual actor's ages though). Or is that undone somehow too?
    The 5 year thing is the biggest head scratcher

The only thing more destructive than half of all peopel instantly disappearing would be half of all people magically reappearing 5 years later

Plus... you have Spider-Man's cast to be confused about but also some place like Wakanda (do they just give back the throne instantly? what happened those 5 years world wide?). Or earth being without a sorcerer supreme for 5 years.

Probably should have went the Secret Wars route where the surivors rmember but everything is reset but I understand needing that to make the stakes for IM highe rbut... its odd
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

BANNED

Well, Cap kissing Sharon in CW just got infinitely more creepy.

I’m not sure I’ll like how this unfolds. I’m in a “that sounds stupid” state of mind right now.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Star_Jammer View Post
    Well, Cap kissing Sharon in CW just got infinitely more creepy.

I’m not sure I’ll like how this unfolds. I’m in a “that sounds stupid” state of mind right now.
    My thoughts absolutely. The whole Cap thing sounds fairly ridiculous (unless we are living in a divergent timeline) because it means there’s two Caps (one on ice and one married to Peggy).

Although, I have to include the obligatory caveat that Infinity War sounded quite stupid on paper too.

This was pretty much what I feared after Infinity War, I’m kinda hoping Spider-Man Homecoming and BP2 just ignore Infinity War and Endgame. Unless Marvel did a time-reset pre-snap it leaves all these characters in a weird space
    The J-man

Maybe Mysterio is one of the "heroes" that debuted in the time gap and might not be happy that he's suddenly being replaced.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

What if the bus ride in Infinity War was Peter and his class coming home Far From Home?

BANNED

Also, if Vision doens't come back, does that mean the Wandavision series is a role reversal? Tom King's Vision run only with Wanda trying to recreate a life for herself and a new Vision with a family?

maybe all future Marvel movies will take place pre-Infinity War

What did you all think of Thor in this one? I was pretty shocked tbh
    The J-man

(Formerly ilash) Ilan Preskovsky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    maybe all future Marvel movies will take place pre-Infinity War

What did you all think of Thor in this one? I was pretty shocked tbh
    Haha, yeah, it was pretty shocking. On the other hand, it does make sense character-wise and it weirdly brings him closer to Thor in actual Greek mythology.

I loved the film, personally, though I do think it works better on an emotional level than intellectually. Time travel can be a head-scratcher at the best of times but it was completely nonsensical here. And, yeah, while moving forward 5 years was a smart move or the whole thing would have had a mournful tone throughout, the actual logistics of the 5-year jump is pretty problematic.

As for the actual decisions made, Nat's sacrifice hit hard but I am somewhat confused as a solo BW film has been all but confirmed. A prequel or origin story would seem like the most logical option but I think Solo showed why it's not necessarily the best idea to go back and fill in the blanks of a beloved character's past.

Tony's death was played pretty perfectly and everything that came from it was really beautifully played. I thought there was a very strong likelihood that he wasn't coming out of this alive so I wasn't shocked but I was moved and I was impressed with how it was handled.

Caps' decision was... interesting. I'm actually still not sure how I feel about Cap basically using time travel for selfish ends, no matter how much he deserves it. Plus, I just want more Chris Evans as Cap. Either way, this is one of the areas that I'm going to need to consider a bit before reviewing the film. Incidentally, I'm still trying to work out how the hell to review this film. Not only for spoiler issues but because this isn't a film in any sort of traditional sense but something else entirely.

Anyway, one of the most surprising things about the film is that the first half of it really plays out differently to how most of us presumably expected it would going in. I really enjoyed it personally as it gave us plenty of what has actually always been key to these films, the characters. I expected some of the mournfulness of the first twenty to thirty minutes or so but I wasn't expecting it to be a mostly lighthearted caper for so much of the second act. And, honestly, it was a lot of fun. Yeah, it and the whole film was basically fan service: the movie but, crucially, the MCU has totally earned that by this point.

This is totally for the fans only but I can't imagine it not (mostly) very much working for those of us who invested all these years in this series. And I, for one, am very curious to see where the MCU goes next.
    Check out my blog, Because Everyone Else Has One, for my regularly updated movie reviews.

BANNED

Fixed timeline like "Terminator 1" or Revisable timeline like X-Men?

Hey, so this is a spoiler thread, right?

Can someone please spoil the movie then? I like going in spoiled.

(Formerly ilash) Ilan Preskovsky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BatKeaton View Post
    Fixed timeline like "Terminator 1" or Revisable timeline like X-Men?
    Fixed-ish.

But honestly, by the end, it's really hard to tell.
    Check out my blog, Because Everyone Else Has One, for my regularly updated movie reviews.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Ilan Preskovsky View Post
    Fixed-ish.
    So time-traveling Avengers from the future had always been part of the past? Are you telling me this?

BANNED

Can someone give me a good-to-bad ratio on Disney time travel movies?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    Disney time travel movies?
    Did Disney do other time travel movies?