Page 27 of 121 FirstFirst ... 172324252627282930313777 ... LastLast
    Fantastic Member

Loved the movie but didn't care for the way that Natasha's death scene played out. It was actually kind of silly. She should have just jumped with no warning or struggle; it would have been more shocking and impactful. In my opinion of course.
    Last edited by DennisTheMenace; 04-26-2019 at 12:48 PM.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    I'm actually more convinced than ever that Far From Home is a prequel to Infinity War, and the last shot of the movie will be Peter riding the bus back to Queens when the Black Order ships first arrive. They'll save the time jump for the third movie.
    Far From Home has been announced as the end of phase 3. It would make no sense for it to take place before IW. Parts of the trailer even have a solemn tone and seem to imply that Stark is dead.
    Last edited by DennisTheMenace; 04-26-2019 at 12:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by cc008 View Post
    My only real disappointment with the film was that we didn't really get much Steve and Bucky at the end and instead got Steve and Sam. Which is fine, but I thought the relationship between Steve and Bucky was more influential in the movies.

Otherwise I thought it was unbelievable. Holding back tears the entire third act.
    Except that Bucky couldn’t possibly be Captain America and I think Bucky may have been in on it anyway.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    What am I missing here...

So where does the "snap" take place? Does Thanos2/Big Battle/Snap jump to 2023 on the timeline once he time traveled back over?

Yeah I tried thinking about this but it's not worth it. Old man Steve made no sense but it hit emotionally and that's what matters. And the movie acknowledges time travel is nonsense earlier on.

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by cc008 View Post
    Otherwise I thought it was unbelievable. Holding back tears the entire third act.
    Yeah I could hear people genuinely crying in the theatre when Tony died. I am also proud to admit when the credits rolled I started clapping and about half the theatre actually joined me for about ten seconds, which was nice.

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    I'm actually more convinced than ever that Far From Home is a prequel to Infinity War, and the last shot of the movie will be Peter riding the bus back to Queens when the Black Order ships first arrive. They'll save the time jump for the third movie.
    Don’t think that will happen Far From Home will be capping off phase 3.

Astonishing Member David Walton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DennisTheMenace View Post
    Loved the movie but didn't care for the way that Natasha's death scene played out. It was actually kind of silly. She should have just jumped with no warning or struggle; it would have been more shocking and impactful. In my opinion of course.
    That scene was kind of tricky. They had to sacrifice the thing that meant the most to them, so I don't think Natasha just jumping on her own would work. They got into a sort of grey area with Clint technically letting go of Natasha but really only after she pushed off the cliff and he couldn't hold on. Though there's a part of me that thinks Clint could have cut off his hand or something, since he values that as an archer!
    Last edited by David Walton; 04-26-2019 at 01:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by brettc1 View Post
    If that's the case its never been spelled out. Plus you can fly to Asgard and Nidavellir in regular space ships.
    When have you seen the bifrost used to go anywhere that no in the nine Realms and it's got nothing to do with where they are in space they are all planets in space. But they are connected by a series of worm holes or some **** as explained in Thor. The tesseract can teleport you anywhere but the Bifrost was always my understanding is a bride between the nine Realms(9 planets connected by these wormholes or whatever they called it in thor)

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

No doubt How It Should Have Ended or Cinema Sins will poke fun at it but it is funny how so much of the second act could have been avoided if they had not had Nebula go to 2014 with Rhodes for the Power Stone. Though I suppose if she had been in the 2012 or 2013 teams she might still affect her counterpart’s network.

Ultimate Member

Ok more clear thoughts:

-Iron Man's death was handled really well, and was a satisfying (if tragic) conclusion to his MCU arc.
    -Black Widow's death, was not however. It was very underwhelming and even Yondu's death in GOTG 2 was handled better.
    -I don't know quite how I feel about what they did with Cap.
    -I HATED the "running joke" with Thor.
    -Thor with the GOTG, cool. Hopefully he's in Vol 3. And Valkyrie as the badass bisexual warrior Queen of Asgard, also awesome.
    -Captain Marvel barely in the movie, disappointing.
    -It was cool to see Nebula get more to do, and Karen Gillan was awesome.
    -Seeing Pepper suited up and Jane back was cool as well.
    -Time travel in this film was, odd.
    -Etc.

It's actually the weakest Russo's MCU film imo, but still not bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Derek Metaltron View Post
    Yeah I could hear people genuinely crying in the theatre when Tony died. I am also proud to admit when the credits rolled I started clapping and about half the theatre actually joined me for about ten seconds, which was nice.
    Yea same one person a couple rows behind me was like loud bawling crying. But yea the part that got me the most for whatever reason was Happy talkin to Morgan about cheese burgers.

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    Ok more clear thoughts:

-Iron Man's death was handled really well, and was a satisfying (if tragic) conclusion to his MCU arc.
    -Black Widow's death, was not however. It was very underwhelming and even Yondu's death in GOTG 2 was handled better.
    -I don't know quite how I feel about what they did with Cap.
    -I HATED the "running joke" with Thor.
    -Thor with the GOTG, cool. Hopefully he's in Vol 3. And Valkyrie as the badass bisexual warrior Queen of Asgard, also awesome.
    -Captain Marvel barely in the movie, disappointing.
    -It was cool to see Nebula get more to do, and Karen Gillan was awesome.
    -Seeing Pepper suited up and Jane back was cool as well.
    -Time travel in this film was, odd.
    -Etc.

It's actually the weakest Russo's MCU film imo, but still not bad.
    I dont see 2 as a problem because prior to Edngame yondu death in GOTG2 was the only MCU movie that made me cry. The problem with nats death was it came too early so it was after thought by the time we got to the end though they tried to bring it back around with Hawkeye. But mostly I felt more for Hakeyes loss then I did sad that Nat was dead if I'm being honest.

Ultimate Member

Also it didn't help that she died in the same place for basically the same reason that Gamora did, and neither of them came back. As someone who didn't like how they offed Gamora in the last movie, yeah doing it again didn't make it any better.

Astonishing Member David Walton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Derek Metaltron View Post
    I don't think I've ever been to a film where the audience was more enthusiastic. This is the kind of movie you want to see with a large crowd on opening weekend. There are so many moments that got a response.

When it comes to clapping, I think the biggest moment was Captain America being worthy of Mjolnir. But it's hard to say. The audience went crazy when the 'dusted' heroes showed up, and when Scarlet Witch confronted Thanos, and when Captain Marvel was going head to head with him, and...there were so many.

I'm still confused on why Gamors is still out there. Did Tony have enough awareness of her that when he snapped everyone who didnt belong there away he let her stay? Did Black widows sacrafice somehow bring her back I was a little confused on why Gamora would still be out there. Maybe Vol 3 will be the Guardians traveling into the soul stone... yea iono this movie left alot of your gonna have to wait and see stuff

To be fair the movie never says Gamora is still out there. Just that Peter's looking for her I dont think it says found just says searching.
    Last edited by Midvillian1322; 04-26-2019 at 01:24 PM.