Page 30 of 121 FirstFirst ... 202627282930313233344080 ... LastLast

Maybe the Loki series on Disney+ is going to show what happens in 2012 diverged timeline.
    Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.
    Co-Host of the Attilan Rising Podcast Follow @SpiderWomnDaily on Twitter, and check out To Know Her Is To Fear Here: The Spider-Woman Podcast

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    The five year jump is so weird.

I imagine FFH will explain it somehow OR they will just ignore it and move on lol

I mean, it seems like T'challa instantly got his crown back in Wakanda... despite someone (we have no idea who?) ruling it the last 5 years.
    So how did the movie end, exactly? Did we get any updates on whether the dusted were able to pick up where they left off?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by JDogindy View Post
    The only real place I could go to that would likely have me feel like my opinion would be in the majority that doesn't involve going into the "dark web" would be a sub-Reddit, which are the true echo chambers, and to be honest, I do not like Reddit at all. Various reasons that would derail the topic and I just feel even more uncomfortable diving into.

The unfortunate thing about what you're saying is that, after seeing several MCU films that soured my taste on the franchise (Iron Man, GOTG, Avengers, Ant-Man), I then feel like my opinion on not liking the MCU is violated for actually liking the Justice League in a non-ironic way, which the internet has rallied around to hate in both its original form and for all the yokels who whine about wanting "the Snyder Cut", which would likely be a bunch of storyboards and in-house shots if it even did exist. Yeah, Man of Steel is an absolute garbage film and BvS is stupid crap, but Justice League once Snyder was given the boot was salvaged into something that worked, warts and all, though people were pre-dispositioned to hate it due to how BvS was, and the recent "NOT DCEU 'cuz DCEU is DEAD, GUYS" films have shown that DC movies will provide an alternative to people who don't want the formulaic and predictable that Disney and its hot dog factory policy will squirt out.

I'm not trying to truly downplay it and dumb it down to "Thanos is dead = Thanos accomplished nothing", even though it clearly sounds like it, but it just goes back to the thing that bothers me the most about the MCU, and why I'm not a fan of the franchise as a whole. The comics don't usually kill off the villains at the end of the story unless it's a villain that really, really doesn't matter (and honestly, even then it bothers me... I think death just bugs me in fiction when it comes to antagonists since its too easy and there was a very unpleasant time in my life where I had bloodlust where I watched things and wanted the worst to happen to not only the character but the actor playing the role... and I have gotten help for my hypersensitivity, with one part of the treatment being to be very careful with my media intake), and often have it so that the villain is left to see their plans undone or are forced to go into hiding and scheme once more, which once DCEU did away with that finality their movies (Steppenwolf, Ocean Master, and Dr. Sivana aren't slain in JU, Aquaman, and Shazam! respectively, though in the case of Steppenwolf, it's likely Darkseid would be none too pleased) and adopted a more traditional comic book layout to its storytelling, it felt like a more realistic universe that there's always a constant threat lurking than the MCU where the heroes slay the villain and move on to the next villain since they merely adopted a traditional movie storytelling format and just decided to make billions off of it.

It also presents a problem because, even though we're trying to establish a multiverse, we clearly established that the timeline where Thanos triumphs is erased from the multiverse because "happy" ending. I put "happy" in quotations because of the loss of some key characters, but you get the point. The elimination of this "bad ending" universe is part of where I got this argument about Thanos's plans ultimately amounting to nothing since there will be no remnant of that plan in existence and, of course, no remnants of himself.

I dunno. I'm clearly not adding to this thread since I have established I don't like this franchise, don't have interest in this film in particular, and have exposed that I have some serious mental issues, which for classic CBR members, is familiar territory.
    The villain was killed off in Justice League...

Edit: OK, maybe not necessarily. I totally forgot what happened to such an unforgettable villain.
    Last edited by Star_Jammer; 04-26-2019 at 05:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by protege View Post
    So how did the movie end, exactly? Did we get any updates on whether the dusted were able to pick up where they left off?
    We see Peter go back to school and embracing Ned. They appear to be the same age so the embrace is because of how they parted not because one was away for five years. We see T’Challa on a balcony with his mother and sister arm in arm.

Extraordinary Member Divine Spark's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    to lure all her fans to the movie.

they did the same thing with BP in Infinity Wars
    Black Panther wasn’t that bad. They didn’t try to fool audiences into thinking he had a major role in Infinity War until after his movie made bank.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    enjoyable movie overall, no objections, though I would have loved for a real rematch with Hulk and Thanos.
    I wonder what happened to Betty Ross, and General Ross. And the Abomination.
    No new villains in the less populated Earth. Hmm.
    Ross was at the funeral.

Abomination is on the Raft.

Betty, we don't know anything.

There were no new enemies because Black Widow was in charge and Clint was busy murdering anyone that pissed him off!
    Quote Originally Posted by protege View Post
    It ended with Stark's funeral, a slow crawl through all the various teams being shown back together, some character moments, Old Man Steve passing the torch to Sam, GotG with Thor blasting off to figure out who is captain between Thor and Star-Lord (Rocket is the captain, we all know that) while searching for Gamora-14, and finally, we see young Steve dancing with Peggy in their home to some Elvis.
    Last edited by BeastieRunner; 04-26-2019 at 05:04 PM.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Mutatis Mutandis ChildOfTheAtom's Avatar
    1407 Graymalkin Lane, North Salem, NY 10560

enjoyable movie overall, no objections, though I would have loved for a real rematch with Hulk and Thanos.
    Ross was at iron man's funeral
    The agreement also provides Disney with the opportunity to reunite the X-Men with the Marvel family under one roof and create richer, more complex worlds of inter-related characters and stories that audiences have shown they love. It only makes sense for Marvel to be supervised by one entity. There shouldn't be two Marvels.

General Ross was at Tony funeral. And I think Abomination was said to be on the Raft. Betty who knows, Bruce dont seem to care lol

Quote Originally Posted by JKtheMac View Post
    Attachment 81685

This is how I see the timeline in Endgame.

Top: during the battle we have four branches in the past and one of those branches sends a divergent Thanos, here called Thanos2 through a quantum tunnel, into the battle in 2024.

Bottom: Once Steve has gone back and replaced each stone the branches all collapse. because he stays in the past, he makes changes to the timeline. I expect Loki will also make changes to the timeline, and of course Thanos2 made changes to the timeline. Each of these will continue to have an effect on things from that point on. These are not branches because the stones remain in their correct places.
    By the way, the Ancient One shows a visual of how parallel universe time travel works during the movie.

And it's exactly like how you drew it. Everything is the same with some slight modifications. Being that Steve is stuck in the past and Gamora is stuck in the future. And potentially ... another Loki is alive.

Steve could age forward because he had to live out his life with Peggy to make all her statements come true from the Winter Solider. And if he interfered, it would've altered the outcome of the final timeline where Stark stops it all.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

They tied up all the plot threads from all the MCU movies except the solo Hulk film due in part to Universal still having some rights to the character. I mean for for 11 years in the MCU Leader and Abomination have existed and no film, or TV show has addressed it besides a quick mention that Abomination was locked up somewhere in one of the One Shot things. But those are two will still be a threat ( Abomination and Leader).
    Last edited by Iron_Legion87; 04-26-2019 at 05:22 PM.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    General Ross was at Tony funeral. And I think Abomination was said to be on the Raft. Betty who knows, Bruce dont seem to care lol
    Actually, IIRC, Abomination is in the arctic. Coulson in a throw away line threatened to reassign Ward there if he stepped out of line again (don't remember what).

Now that I think about it, kinda sad that they never reconnected Coulson and the Avengers

Quote Originally Posted by JKtheMac View Post
    Except that Bucky couldn’t possibly be Captain America and I think Bucky may have been in on it anyway.
    It had nothing to do with Bucky being Cap instead. I just would have preferred more interaction between those two than between Steve and Sam. Minor complaint, but it's the only one I have.

Scott's daughter appeared too old for only 5 years to have passed. Just a nitpick I have, obviously didn't ruin the movie.
    HEY KIDS, (BUY MY) COMICS!! https://www.mythworldemedia.com/store

Extraordinary Member Divine Spark's Avatar

I guess Black Widow’s solo movie is going to be a prequel.

Ultimate Member

I wonder how Cap returned the soul and power gems. Both were in outer space