Page 33 of 121 FirstFirst ... 232930313233343536374383 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Flash Gordon View Post
    Really thought we were going to make it out of this one without the dreaded Big CGI Battle in the 3rd act. Almost!!

Would have been really clever if Thor just cut his head off again before it even escalated.
    Except that was one of the most epic action set pieces I've ever seen. Funny enough in my screening when Thor cut Thanos head off someone yelled QUE CREDITS!!! lol

Unrelated question while emotional I liked what they did with Thor the belly was a bit much . How does one have a 6 pack on tops of a beer gut? He had atleats a defined 4 pack on top that cut maybe 6 and muscle should be under the fat no?

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    I thought Cap put them all back, not destroyed them? Otherwise, why travel back in time?

Also, I noticed Cap left Mjolnir somewhere for a future worthy person to find.
    Seemed that way.

Along with the stones, I think that they worked out that the hammer had to wind up in a certain place at a certain time.

Extraordinary Member PaulBullion's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by chamber-music View Post
    I would of thought they would of used Janet in the final battle considering she jedi quantum powers since being freed from the quantum realm. Perhaps Pfeiffer wasn't available or Reed didn't want them using her.
    She was in the funeral scene, but as I posted earlier, it's possible they shot her in front of a green screen during the shooting of Ant-Man because it was less than 20 seconds.
    "How does the Green Goblin have anything to do with Herpes?" - The Dying Detective

Hillary was right!

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

So I have spotted a bit of a logical issue which was not explained... since they took the Tesseract from 1970 and then presumably destroyed it to get to the Space Stone to stick onto Tony's gauntlet... doesn't that mean when Steve has to return it back to 1970 they will need to rebuild it around the Space Stone? I find it hard to believe - especially without Tony - that they could simply rebuild the Tesseract to house the Space Stone exactly as it was. I mean I guess Shuri might be able to do it, but that's a heck of a lot of work.

By the way, the Ancient One shows a visual of how parallel universe time travel works during the movie.

And it's exactly like how you drew it. Everything is the same with some slight modifications. Being that Steve is stuck in the past and Gamora is stuck in the future. And potentially ... another Loki is alive.

Steve could age forward because he had to live out his life with Peggy to make all her statements come true from the Winter Solider. And if he interfered, it would've altered the outcome of the final timeline where Stark stops it all.
    I don’t actually believe e Gamora2 survived. We will see, because as I suggested earlier, they have left the options open, presumably because the Guardians movie hasn’t been finalised yet.

I thought Cap put them all back, not destroyed them? Otherwise, why travel back in time?

Also, I noticed Cap left Mjolnir somewhere for a future worthy person to find.
    Considering Thor "borrowed" it from his past self, Cap would have had to return it to that point in time or past Thor would have been weaponless months before Hela destroyed the hammer.
    "How does the Green Goblin have anything to do with Herpes?" - The Dying Detective

Hillary was right!

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    Hulk totally stole the show.
    While I don't want to take anything away from the performances that went into Hulk/Nebula, Favreau or Slattery were runners up to Rene Russo actually stealing the show.

Hulk or Nebula? I realistically accounted for those two roles being possible. The other three? I would have maybe figured one was even a possibility. Never mind how well they were actually done.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by mathew101281 View Post
    Anyone have any theories about what that hammering sound in the end credit was?
    As stated it’s meant to be Stark working his first suit of armour... BUT would also be great if it turned up in a future movie as DOOM forging his
    If ten years of recording The Young and the Restless for my mother have taught me anything, it's that characters in serial dramas are always happily in love...until they're not

“The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. Instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views...which can be very uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering.” - the 4th Doctor

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    Hulk totally stole the show.
    Sorry, but that honour must surely go the “The Dude” from Asgard. Hilarious!
    If ten years of recording The Young and the Restless for my mother have taught me anything, it's that characters in serial dramas are always happily in love...until they're not

“The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. Instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views...which can be very uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering.” - the 4th Doctor

Extraordinary Member

By the way, the Ancient One shows a visual of how parallel universe time travel works during the movie.

And it's exactly like how you drew it. Everything is the same with some slight modifications. Being that Steve is stuck in the past and Gamora is stuck in the future. And potentially ... another Loki is alive.

Steve could age forward because he had to live out his life with Peggy to make all her statements come true from the Winter Solider. And if he interfered, it would've altered the outcome of the final timeline where Stark stops it all.
    Thanos and his who,e army being dead three years before Infinity Wars is not a “slight modification”. It’s a total time destroying paradox.

That’s why the seperate timelines need to continue existing. The Thanos that died when Tony snapped his gibngers was not our Thanos. He belonged to an alternate reality which continues on without him.

Effectively, Tony saved TWO universes

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    While I don't want to take anything away from the performances that went into Hulk/Nebula, Favreau or Slattery were runners up to Rene Russo actually stealing the show.

Hulk or Nebula? I realistically accounted for those two roles being possible. The other three? I would have maybe figured one was even a possibility. Never mind how well they were actually done.
    Russo was great but it was more Hemsworth acting in that scene that surprised me the whole movie he did this thing where he would deliver these emotional powered scenes but somehow through the pain and tears deliver a joke somewhere in it that managed to make the whole theater sad laugh. I feel like that isnt easy as an actor.

Finally someone else mention Favrou. Hes in 15seconds of the movie and hes the one who made me cry. Well him and Morgan

Quote Originally Posted by brettc1 View Post
    I don’t think you can just close a branch. Once it’s created, it exists.
    They literally give us a PowerPoint lecture, from the guardian of the Time Stone and our green Avengers time travel guy, telling us you can close a branch. All that is needed is to put the stone back at the exact same time. (It probably doesn’t even matter where you put it, just the moment.)

No, that doesn’t work.

At the very least, the timeline Nebula, Rhodes, Natasha and Clint go to CANNOT reinterpreted because Thanos and all his minions were killed before the events of GOTG. Returning those stones allows them to do their cosmic job but it doesn’t merge the timelines because it’s paradoxically impossible.
    No you are misunderstanding my diagram. I don’t believe the timelines get merged at all. The final timeline is after the branches have been dusted, and shows how some things we see will have repercussions in the final timeline.

Quote Originally Posted by JKtheMac View Post
    No you are misunderstanding my diagram. I don’t believe the timelines get merged at all. The final timeline is after the branches have been dusted, and shows how some things we see will have repercussions in the final timeline.
    Maybe Tony actually put back Thanos and his army to the time they came from (Time Stone and Space Stone) without memories of the future (mind stone) while making it look like they crumbled to dust for dramatic effect and because he is Tony Stark (reality stone)?

Hillary was right!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by steve2275 View Post
    I called them the lady liberators

so I didn't miss it
    I missed scotts return though I saw him crash and spotted by ken jeong?
    Quote Originally Posted by Vinsanity View Post
    Since he wasn't killed with the Stones, he stays dead.
    he was never re caught was he?
    Quote Originally Posted by WaxHawk View Post
    Nobody has mentioned the real 'unsung' hero - the rat that accidentally sets off Ant-Man's quantum gizmo!
    Without that little rodent most of the movie is toast. It should be getting more plaudits.
    I missed scotts return though I saw him crash and spotted by ken jeong?
    Quote Originally Posted by BatKeaton View Post
    Well,
    Judging by the spoilers, I think there are no divergent realities. Just one fixed space-time continuum.
    They do not alter the past, they have always been part of it. It's not "Back to the Future 2".
    my favorite of the 3
    Quote Originally Posted by motherofpearl1 View Post
    With all due respect, none of those female characters were Avengers.
    Hopefully Wasp will be, but I don't know about the others. Unfortunately I can't stand Tessa Thompson since reading an interview with her.
    In the plus column , I can FINALLY cosplay Thor without hours at the gym.
    Somebody pass me another cheeseburger and loaded fries
    same with me
    Quote Originally Posted by KabutoRyder View Post
    Cap lifting the hammer I think we all knew was expected, but still it was a moment that had me and everyone else in theater hoopin and holleran, hell so many moments in that battle did.
    second biggest reaction when i was at amc southcenter
    biggest....every time spider man did something tom holland is over A F
    Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    I'm actually more convinced than ever that Far From Home is a prequel to Infinity War, and the last shot of the movie will be Peter riding the bus back to Queens when the Black Order ships first arrive. They'll save the time jump for the third movie.
    I can go with this
    Quote Originally Posted by DennisTheMenace View Post
    Loved the movie but didn't care for the way that Natasha's death scene played out. It was actually kind of silly. She should have just jumped with no warning or struggle; it would have been more shocking and impactful. In my opinion of course.
    people near me thought the same way
    RIP MARVEL HEROES 04.06.2013 - 27.11.2017
    Transformers TCG player