Page 4 of 121 FirstFirst 123456781454104 ... LastLast
    (Formerly ilash) Ilan Preskovsky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AJBopp View Post
    The last thing I would have expected...no post credits scene at all.

Just, wow.
    Yup! That was just a mean, mean trick.
    Check out my blog, Because Everyone Else Has One, for my regularly updated movie reviews.

Quote Originally Posted by Ilan Preskovsky View Post
    Yup! That was just a mean, mean trick.
    Is this 100% or maybe they just didnt show it during the premier?

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

Even if there isn't one, I feel you gotta sit through the credits on principle. At this point it's a marvel movie viewing experience tradition, even if the pay off isn't always worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by Arsenal View Post
    Even if there isn't one, I feel you gotta sit through the credits on principle. At this point it's a marvel movie viewing experience tradition, even if the pay off isn't always worth it.
    lol no, my friend. Every once in a while I get curious about who did what but most of the time you can just imdb that. The only... The ONLY reason to sit through Marvel end credits is for that magical end credits clip. We've got to get the word out. It is our civic duty
    The J-man

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyPresley21 View Post
    can't wait for Thursday as far as the spoilers go I like the idea of the five year time skip staying and everyone that was "SNAPPED" coming back to a world that has moved on from them.Adds a lot of new and different storylines that you can play with with the MCU moving forward.

As far as the Cap situation I am assuming its obvious that once he goes backs in time and is either stuck or just stays on his own that he know that he can't do anything in the past because if he does that it could change the enter history of the world and have great consequences.

Also think its funny that Hulk is the last original Avenger left after Endgame(Iron Man & Black Widow die,Thor goes off with the GOTG,Cap is stuck in the past a now nearly a 100 year old man and Hawkeye is retired)while in the comics Hulk was the first Avenger to leave the group.

Really interested in what and Avengers 4 would look like in terms of the team line up and storyline.
    Not planning to see the movie, but i’m Scratching my head at the logic of bringing the time displaced heroes back five years later to a world that barely knew them the first time.

I can get people not liking the ending of some these character arcs but the time travel complaints I dont get. It all depends how its handled in the movie. Now if they do like the Flash show and set rules to time travel and then break those rules thats annoying. But as far as like Sharon not knowing she kissed her uncle I assume the time line has had a scalpel taken to it. Not that the avengers had always been there but now that things have changed like that kiss probaly not happening. I assume we are gonna find out in later movies and Disney + shows the butterfly effects these actions had...

I wi say without seeing it on screen I don't like Caps ending. Feels a bit selfish given his leadership would still be needed given the people who died. But again it's all in the execution. Also 100% shocked that Thanos is dead.

So Thor joins the Guardians to help find Gamroa? How do they know Gamora is out there, did Nat take her place when she did what she did? Or does Past Gamora stay in the present and run off? The post I read wasnt that detailed. Still also confused at no Vision and wonder if a Pietro scene was cut since I've seen no mention of him despite him being on set(Maybe he was just there for a rap party or something)

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    lol no, my friend. Every once in a while I get curious about who did what but most of the time you can just imdb that. The only... The ONLY reason to sit through Marvel end credits is for that magical end credits clip. We've got to get the word out. It is our civic duty
    For most cases, I'd agree. But for Endgame? Nah. I feel they've done enough for me to sit through the credits this one time (even if there's no post credits).

After this one, they can get away with me sitting through the credits with no post credit in another 11 years at the end of phase 6

It depends on how they do it with Cap. Maybe it's a one way trip, and he goes because he can acclimate better when whoever goes ends up being stuck. Or the fact that the trip is one way isn't known until after it happens (Or it is known, just not by him).

It's gonna be a long couple of weeks before I can see it - this weekend is about prepping for a weeklong trip to visit family.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    Is this 100% or maybe they just didnt show it during the premier?
    There are no mid or post credit scenes.

Astonishing Member

I can get people not liking the ending of some these character arcs but the time travel complaints I dont get. It all depends how its handled in the movie. Now if they do like the Flash show and set rules to time travel and then break those rules thats annoying. But as far as like Sharon not knowing she kissed her uncle I assume the time line has had a scalpel taken to it. Not that the avengers had always been there but now that things have changed like that kiss probaly not happening. I assume we are gonna find out in later movies and Disney + shows the butterfly effects these actions had...

I wi say without seeing it on screen I don't like Caps ending. Feels a bit selfish given his leadership would still be needed given the people who died. But again it's all in the execution. Also 100% shocked that Thanos is dead.

So Thor joins the Guardians to help find Gamroa? How do they know Gamora is out there, did Nat take her place when she did what she did? Or does Past Gamora stay in the present and run off? The post I read wasnt that detailed. Still also confused at no Vision and wonder if a Pietro scene was cut since I've seen no mention of him despite him being on set(Maybe he was just there for a rap party or something)
    No Vision or Pietro. Yes, Thor leaves with the Guardians. Cap gets a happy ending. Tony dies using the Gauntlet. Widow sacrifices herself so Barton can retrieve the Soul Stone.
    Last edited by Somecrazyaussie; 04-23-2019 at 06:50 PM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    It depends on how they do it with Cap. Maybe it's a one way trip, and he goes because he can acclimate better when whoever goes ends up being stuck. Or the fact that the trip is one way isn't known until after it happens (Or it is known, just not by him).

It's gonna be a long couple of weeks before I can see it - this weekend is about prepping for a weeklong trip to visit family.
    Cap chooses to stay. It is why he volunteered to returns the Stones to their correct points in time (i.e. after the Avengers retrieved them.)

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post

I've watched Endgame yesterday. All I could say is that spoilers:
    time travel works very differently in this movie from other movies we've seen. You can't cancelled out you past buy time travel except infinite stones are used.
    end of spoilers

Given the reviews are insanely positive this far I'm guessing these story Arcs better on screen then on paper.

From those of you who Have seen it how does it compare to other CBMs. I've seen critics say some crazy stuff about this movie like best CBM ever and things of that nature. Seen one review where they said they literaly cries 6 different times in this movie. And a common reaction I've seen more then once is that this is a perfect end to everything that came before.
    Last edited by Midvillian1322; 04-23-2019 at 08:35 PM.

Mighty Member

So I know I wasnt the only one who wished Thor would join the Guardians, so that's nice. Alot of the leaks I need to see them it's hard to tell. Also didnt see anything about Pietro or Vision in the reddit spoilers I saw. I know there was set photos of Quicksilver maybe he was cut or maybe it's a cameo that wasnt worth noting in a short recap of the movie.
    I think Chris Hemsworth always wanted to be Peter Quill. Now he's got his wish!

Astonishing Member

Given the reviews are insanely positive this far I'm guessing these story Arcs better on screen then on paper.

From those of you who Have seen it how does it compare to other CBMs. I've seen critics say some crazy stuff about this movie like best CBM ever and things of that nature. Seen one review where they said they literaly cries 6 different times in this movie. And a common reaction I've seen more then once is that this is a perfect end to everything that came before.
    I enjoyed it. Although I don't think this warranted 3 hrs. Maybe 2 1/2 hrs. It is great in the sense everybody gets their moment to shine. Remember the Wakandan Battle in Infinity War? This films final battle is that... but turned up to 11. It does cap off the previous 10 years. But it also opens up some new plot threads moving forward.

A common gripe with comics as a whole is that they always maintain a status quo. Characters never really change or grow. But the MCU isn't restricted in that regard. Here we are given definitive endings for some characters (Tony and Natasha bite it) and others decide to hang it up and live a normal life (Cap decides to grow old with Peggy.) So people who long for long-term growth will be happy. Although they might not necessarily like where everyone ends up.

I guess the emotion comes from realising this is the last hurrah for certain characters. Ones we have followed for 10 years. So it is hard to say goodbye.