Page 40 of 121 FirstFirst ... 303637383940414243445090 ... LastLast
    Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Baggie_Saiyan View Post
    Marvel outta nowhere saves Stark, literally got no info, how does she know him? How does she know where the hell he is in the vastness of space?
    She met with the Avengers in the Captain Marvel post-credit scene. Rocket was there and presumably had a tracker on his ship.

Rat. Like come one.
    The van was there for five years, something was bound to happen to it one day.

The rest are contrivances (except for Banner, which is just not explained in detail) but like who cares? If movies didn't have plot contrivances they wouldn't be movies. None of the contrivances break any of the characters or ruin the story.

Quote Originally Posted by kingaliencracker View Post
    Exactly as I see it.
    Thirded. I'm thinking the divergent timeline will require the Ultimates to defeat an incursion.

Astonishing Member kingaliencracker's Avatar

I'm repeating this again so it doesn't get buried, but did anyone catch the veiled Batman v Superman reference in the Cap vs. Cap fight?

Quote Originally Posted by Derek Metaltron View Post
    He wouldn’t be able to go back to his own timeline’s past though. The rules of time travel that the Ancient One gave stated that.
    No. That is your interpretation of her rules. My interpretation is different and allows for what we saw in the movie with Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by JKtheMac View Post
    No. That is your interpretation of her rules. My interpretation is different and allows for what we saw in the movie with Steve.
    Exactly. People are clearly misinterpreting what was stated by Bruce and TAO. The fact that Steve travels back and lives out his life in the primary MCU timeline clearly shows that they were always traveling back to their own timeline.

I'm repeating this again so it doesn't get buried, but did anyone catch the veiled Batman v Superman reference in the Cap vs. Cap fight?
    Do you mean the whisper? Otherwise no. As I have only seen BvS once and wont likely rewatch it you may have to elucidate.

Was it the Bucky line by any chance?
    Somewhere, a nerd cries. I feel nothing.

Exactly. People are clearly misinterpreting what was stated by Bruce and TAO. The fact that Steve travels back and lives out his life in the primary MCU timeline clearly shows that they were always traveling back to their own timeline.
    Well it means one of two things. Either he was always meant to go back and when Peggy was talking about him being responsible for her meeting her husband she was actually veiling the truth. Or, he was changing the timeline and changes don't create branching. At the moment we cant categorically say which, but a strict branching theory doesn't allow the time loop idea so some fans are getting tied up in knots about it.

Quote Originally Posted by ZeonsSilverStar View Post
    Was it the Bucky line by any chance?
    It was definitely the Bucky line.

Quote Originally Posted by Vworp Vworp View Post
    I think he has to arrive a little after the last episode of Agent Carter if we're to assume the whole show hasn't been altered/erased. I mean, I can buy the idea of Peggy keeping quiet about her Cap to his younger self (and a few others) in her later movie appearances.

But there's no way Cap was in her life during the events of either season of Agent Carter. It simply doesn't fit with everything we saw, from her character development to potential romantic relationships.
    He probably stays in the seventies don't you think? Why go any further? She still has his picture on her desk and no other picture.

Quote Originally Posted by JKtheMac View Post
    He probably stays in the seventies don't you think? Why go any further? She still has his picture on her desk and no other picture.
    The car and fashions outside the house implies late 40's or early 50's so yeah given Jarvis was even in the film I would assume he reunited with her post Agent Carter but in the late 40's/50's.

Quote Originally Posted by Vworp Vworp View Post
    I think he has to arrive a little after the last episode of Agent Carter if we're to assume the whole show hasn't been altered/erased. I mean, I can buy the idea of Peggy keeping quiet about her Cap to his younger self (and a few others) in her later movie appearances.

But there's no way Cap was in her life during the events of either season of Agent Carter. It simply doesn't fit with everything we saw, from her character development to potential romantic relationships.
    I'd totally buy that. Honestly, my statement came from not having seen AGENT CARTER in a while and not being able to get a bead on whether it was the 40s or the 50s in the last scene, based on the cars.

Astonishing Member

Avengers Endgame is an epic conclusion and a new contender for the title of "greatest superhero movie EVER" no doubt...but above all, its an emotion!

I honestly can't remember the last time a movie made me feel so emotional.

This really is a homage to the last 11 years and 20-plus movies AND a culmination of them! And its a love letter to the fans who've been following this story since 2008. The best possibile love letter we could have got, IMO.

Right from the moment Clint turns around to find his family gone, to the long-awaited dance between Steve and Peggy...this movie really made you feel for these characters and their trials and tribulations more so than any other superhero movie has.

I teared up when the army of heroes showed up and Cap said "Avengers Assemble", and when Happy told Morgan he'd get her cheeseburgers. I laughed out loud at "Big Lebowski" Thor's antics. I sat in stunned silence when we saw Natasha's corpse at the bottom of the ravine. I felt like standing up an cheering when Tony said "I am Iron Man". And I was overwhelmed by sheer nostalgia when the words "New York. 2012" appeared on-screen.

I really can't think of a single thing this movie could have addressed that it didn't address when it came to bringing this saga to a fitting conclusion.

Now, no doubt we'll be discussing the time-travel in this movie till the cows come home. But ultimately, if all you're taking away from this movie is seemingly flawed time-travel logic...then this movie was never going to satisfy you. The temporal mechanics of Cap showing up on that bench at the end don't really matter as much as the emotion of seeing Cap get his happy ending and pass the shield on to a worthy successor. The point of Nebula shooting her younger alternate self is not really creating a paradox - its about showing how much she's evolved over the years and how she's come to consider Gamora as her sister. Thor having a final conversation with his mother and getting the inspiration to move on with his life was the real point of that scene, not provoking speculation about whether or not Frigga could somehow rewrite her destiny.

That said, in the months and years to follow, I'm sure that a lot of people will be able to write whole thesises on this movie, because there really is a LOT to unpack in virtually every frame. The movie is DRIPPING in symbolism. Possibly my favorite one is Tony's death scene. He's in a crater, severely injured and barely alive - much like he was, once upon a time, in Afghanistan. He could have died in that crater back then, as a billionaire genius arms manufacturer...but he lived to become one of the Earth's mightiest heroes, a husband and a father, and now when he dies in a crater, its surrounded by his family and friends, and because he sacrificed himself to save reality as we know it.

There's a LOT to say about this movie, but I think the most important thing of them all is simply...Thank You, Marvel!

It was definitely the Bucky line.
    Ah I figured.

Overall I enjoyed the movie a tad more than IW, which is really saying something, but the scene that really got me giddy was seeing Cap finally wield Mjolnir. I had been waiting for that since AOU. Honorable mentions go to the return of the fallen heroes, Thor dual wielding, and Ant-Man punching the Leviathan.
    Somewhere, a nerd cries. I feel nothing.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kaijudo View Post
    I'd totally buy that. Honestly, my statement came from not having seen AGENT CARTER in a while and not being able to get a bead on whether it was the 40s or the 50s in the last scene, based on the cars.
    Well...from Steve's perspective, it had been 11 years since he went into the ice, so I'd like to think that when he 're-inserted' himself into the past, he did so 11 years after he went into the ice i.e. in 1956.

It makes sense for him to go back in time to a point where enough time had passed since the heyday of 'Captain America', so that he would be able to blend in and live undercover with a lesser risk of someone identifying him as Steve Rogers in the past and affecting the timeline.

Assuming he went back to 1956, that makes Old Man Steve in the end around 105! Though he likely aged a bit slower thanks to the serum and is biologically probably in his seventies or eighties.