Page 43 of 121 FirstFirst ... 333940414243444546475393 ... LastLast

Just seen it and really enjoyed it... It’s a seriously great film, but there’s so much going on in it, I feel the old saying of less is more comes to mind... and that’s what for me, means I enjoyed other MCU films more.
    The storyline was great, though I’m not sold on how they handled the time travel stuff, it had more holes than a tramps vest.
    I did leave the cinema with the feeling we haven’t quite seen the last of Steve as Cap and I’m expecting Romanoff to be brought back somehow, especially if her solo film is a hit... and I’m not convinced Stark is gone for good either. People rarely stay dead with regards superheroes, so wouldn’t be surprised he too gets brought back at some point so that he too gets to live out his life with his family.

Quote Originally Posted by NeathBlue View Post
    Just seen it and really enjoyed it... It’s a seriously great film, but there’s so much going on in it, I feel the old saying of less is more comes to mind... and that’s what for me, means I enjoyed other MCU films more.
    The storyline was great, though I’m not sold on how they handled the time travel stuff, it had more holes than a tramps vest.
    I did leave the cinema with the feeling we haven’t quite seen the last of Steve as Cap and I’m expecting Romanoff to be brought back somehow, especially if her solo film is a hit... and I’m not convinced Stark is gone for good either. People rarely stay dead with regards superheroes, so wouldn’t be surprised he too gets brought back at some point so that he too gets to live out his life with his family.
    It depends on Scarlett though, she may just want to do this history Black Widow movie and then move on. I guess that they could go the way the comics have gone discovering that there are clones of Black Widow and her memories are uploaded after she dies. Or Adam Warlock gets the reformed soul stone and uses it to bring the people who were sacrificed back (Black Widow and Gamora both).

Quote Originally Posted by DennisTheMenace View Post
    Anyone else hear Stark activate “kill” mode on Parker’s costume? It was loud at that point but I thought I heard that. Kind of cool if he did.
    Peter did that himself, not Stark.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by 80sbaby View Post
    Peter did that himself, not Stark.
    That’s even better. I thought Stark since I wasn’t sure if Peter had full access.

Quote Originally Posted by RachelGrey View Post
    It depends on Scarlett though, she may just want to do this history Black Widow movie and then move on. I guess that they could go the way the comics have gone discovering that there are clones of Black Widow and her memories are uploaded after she dies. Or Adam Warlock gets the reformed soul stone and uses it to bring the people who were sacrificed back (Black Widow and Gamora both).
    Yes there’s a pretty good chance that she will just want to do the one film and be done with it, but even then the storyline can end with her being back alive.

Incredible Member

Was I seeing things or was Giant-Man in the background while Scott was trying to hot-wire the time machine with Hope?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by JKtheMac View Post
    Alternatively, Thanos really did destroy the stones, and we slowly see a multiverse created. The seeds in each movie will be subtle errors and evidence that something is going wrong. Then Kang / Iron Man 3000, daughter of Iron Man, has to fix it all. Then it turns her evil over the course of the fifth phase, and the sixth phase is about defeating her.
    The Crossing confirmed!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by brettc1 View Post
    Speaking of Strange, consider his action in Infinity War. He travels forward to over 14 million possible futures.

Hard to do if they don’t exist.
    Technically he viewed 14 million possible futures.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Vworp Vworp View Post
    I think he has to arrive a little after the last episode of Agent Carter if we're to assume the whole show hasn't been altered/erased. I mean, I can buy the idea of Peggy keeping quiet about her Cap to his younger self (and a few others) in her later movie appearances.

But there's no way Cap was in her life during the events of either season of Agent Carter. It simply doesn't fit with everything we saw, from her character development to potential romantic relationships.
    I can't say for sure when Cap re-entered Peggy's life, but it seems like it was intentionally vague. The cars and architectural style of the home made it seem more like the 50s than the 40s. But I think the key point of the scene was the music actually. It's Been a Long, Long Time was first played in The Winter Soldier at Peggy's hospital bed. But more importantly, that version topped the charts in 1945 at the end of the war, and commemorated the return of soldiers to their wives and sweethearts. So pretty appropriate in many ways.

Astonishing Member

This was a bittersweet movie for me. Loved watching it. So sad I won't see the original 6 back again. Can't imagine getting attached to the Phase 4 characters as much as the originals. Too bad Black Widow wasn't in the end scrum. Cap scenes killed it for me. Oh well I will still have the original Avengers and Captain America movies to watch over the years.
    Last edited by Colossus1980; 04-27-2019 at 05:28 PM.

Speaking of Strange, consider his action in Infinity War. He travels forward to over 14 million possible futures.

Hard to do if they don’t exist.
    What he did was look forward into potential futures. He sat right there while he did it. We watched him. Didn’t move. This has zero bearing on the branching time theory.

Quote Originally Posted by AJBopp View Post
    I can't say for sure when Cap re-entered Peggy's life, but it seems like it was intentionally vague. The cars and architectural style of the home made it seem more like the 50s than the 40s. But I think the key point of the scene was the music actually. It's Been a Long, Long Time was first played in The Winter Soldier at Peggy's hospital bed. But more importantly, that version topped the charts in 1945 at the end of the war, and commemorated the return of soldiers to their wives and sweethearts. So pretty appropriate in many ways.
    It was very emotional. There were multiple moments in the movie I found myself getting a little glassy eyed. The father son moment with Tony was also one. And the realistic portrayal of reassuring a dying man that everyone is fine nearly broke me.

Didn’t we see Warlocks cocoon way back in GOTG?
    Yes. I was making a joke about how Warlock is actually a Jesus analogy in the comics, from an era when it was cool to equate Jesus with Superman and Godspell / Jesus Christ Super Star were big. I feel like this kind of commentary on religion and Christianity may not be quite as popular as it was when I was a kid.

Quote Originally Posted by Somecrazyaussie View Post
    The Crossing confirmed!
    I take it all back. Please no!

Have not read the thread yet but just saw it and loved it. My thoughts. (again sorry if this has been posted as I have not read the thread yet.)

So no going into the soul gem to get Gamora like in the comics? Plus thanos destroyed the soul gem with her in it so thanos killed her soul as well!

Hulk saying he wished for black widow back with the gems sets up her return in her own film.

So I guess they found a way to bring A loki back. Was waiting for him to show up again at the end fight and he never did.

Nice they did the fantastic four "you don't change the past you just make another universe" from marvel two and one 50. Thor wanting to warn his mother would have done nothing in his universe plus that universes thor won't have his hammer for the end fight of thor 2! Uh-oh.

Nice to see jane foster again! Where's betty?

Rescue at last! Is tony's daughter going to be this worlds ironheart?

Captain marvel would have beat thanos if he didn't pull that stone out!

Loved the 90s smart hulk!

TV show Jarvis! Is he the first tv marvel star to be in a marvel film?

Was hoping for a micronouts easter egg as micron city was in ant-man and wasp.

Nice to see cap with a version of peggy. Kind of strange as it's not our peggy.

Tonys death made people cry at my showing!

People clapped when Spider-Man and the heroes returned! The full room clapped! I never saw that before the film was over!

Everyone clapped at the end!

Cought the namor easter egg. You might want to look into those underwater earthquacks in the spot where atlantis is war machine!