Page 46 of 121 FirstFirst ... 364243444546474849505696 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by AJBopp View Post
    Seems to be an unpopular opinion here, but if I had to pick the one thing about the movie I didn't like, it was Cap holding Mjolnir. Was out of place, awkward, and instantly took me out of the film.

I know what you mean. It’s a balance really. The movies posited the question and from that moment on it seemed as if it would be answered. The audiences I watched it with loved it. I got one of those spine tingling moments as we saw Mjolnir being lifted.

Personally, I am not a huge fan of the idea that Captain America can lift the hammer, but we have seen The Vision do it already, so that can is already open. What I did appreciate is that Thor remained worthy and acted as if it wasn’t his one anyway. It was fun that he preferred the one he suffered to create, and the innuendo of the size of Mjolnir is actually very appropriate to the myths.

I don’t have this ‘immersive experience’ at movies that some have, so I don’t really know what ‘taken out of the film’ feels like.

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

Can we all agree though that glorious sequence with all the heroes versus Thanos and his army was incredible, though? It really was like a beautiful two page spread from a major event comic brought to life, and the best part was that it was totally earned. I don’t think we will get anything like that again for another decade of the MCU, and rightfully so.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Derek Metaltron View Post
    Can we all agree though that glorious sequence with all the heroes versus Thanos and his army was incredible, though? It really was like a beautiful two page spread from a major event comic brought to life, and the best part was that it was totally earned. I don’t think we will get anything like that again for another decade of the MCU, and rightfully so.
    I just wish we had seen Hank and Janet team up.

For me the ‘comic come to life’ moment began with Cap v Cap and from that point on I loved that element of the movie.

I wish the landscape of the final scene had been a little less dark and unsaturated. I know they were differentiating it from the sunny African Plains, but I prefer my comic book action to be ‘four colour’.

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DebkoX View Post
    I just wish we had seen Hank and Janet team up.
    Agreed! I also wonder where the heck Valkyrie got a Pegasus from. Do the Asgardians have some spare?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by JKtheMac View Post
    We know that Strange uses the Time Stone to wind time forwards and then back so even if we suggest he actually went there it doesn’t mean what you are suggesting. No actual branches were created, just as no branches were created in the climax of Doctor Strange.

Overall it seems we will have to agree to disagree here because this is a tiny issue compared to the entirety of Caps’s narrative arc in the MCU. I have pretty much said everything I can to explain why the way I see it makes the movie work, and why those complaining about how it doesn’t work would be placated if they just saw it the way I believe it was intended.
    It does work, just not in the way you think

Every possibility plays out. The very fact that Strange can see them proves it, because he has no power to affect the outcome as an observer. Therefore he is looking into the future where people make different choices. 14 million plus alternate timelines.

In short, as far as the MCU is concerned Schrodinger was only half right. Not only is the cat both alive and dead in the box, but you both do AND don't open the box to find out.
    If ten years of recording The Young and the Restless for my mother have taught me anything, it's that characters in serial dramas are always happily in love...until they're not

“The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. Instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views...which can be very uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering.” - the 4th Doctor

Agreed! I also wonder where the heck Valkyrie got a Pegasus from. Do the Asgardians have some spare?
    Clearly, somewhere they have a stable that isn’t just full of Thor’s beer.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaastra View Post
    I just realised I did that familiar face thing in a new way. You know, you see a famous person in the street and think you know them for a second before you realise. I spotted Jim Starlin’s cameo and recognised his face, but then thought ‘hmm where have I seen that actor before? TV maybe?’

Fantastic Member

I read somewhere yesterday, that the Disney streaming channel is doing a 'What If" series telling stories in alt. timelines and at that Evans is doing at least one episode as Cap showing what happened when he went back. I cannot locate it now and can't confirm the validity of it, but that would be excellent. I also read that Evans will be directing some of Disney's shows, so this might be true.
    Last edited by DennisTheMenace; 04-28-2019 at 05:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by DennisTheMenace View Post
    I read somewhere yesterday, that the Disney streaming channel is doing a 'What If" series telling stories in alt. timelines and at that Evans is doing at least one episode as Cap showing what happened when he went back. I cannot locate it now and can't confirm the validity of it, but that would be excellent.
    I think that series is just animated though. Maybe Evans will lend his voice to one of the episodes.

Seems to be an unpopular opinion here, but if I had to pick the one thing about the movie I didn't like, it was Cap holding Mjolnir. Was out of place, awkward, and instantly took me out of the film.
    What moments in the film did you actually like, if any?

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by PapaShogun View Post
    I think that series is just animated though. Maybe Evans will lend his voice to one of the episodes.
    I think you're right. I just read a bit about it and they said "The potential of the What If tv series will allow Marvel to tell even stranger and more out of box stories that couldn’t ever be accomplished in live-action"

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PapaShogun View Post
    From my understanding, it’s already been confirmed that the MCU cast will be doing the voices in the series.

I thought that was the single best moment of the film. I don't understand why you thought it was out of place or awkward. Cap tried grabbing it in a moment of desperation, and he was able to lift it. Avengers Ultron showed that he was on the verge of worthy (or possibly already worthy but not willing to flaunt it in front of everyone), so it wasn't a completely random event.

I could see complaining if Rocket or Quill picked it up, or really anyone but Cap picking it up. But Cap proving worthy made sense in the narrative. I found it thrilling.