Page 55 of 121 FirstFirst ... 54551525354555657585965105 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by PapaShogun View Post
    I thought once you go to the past immediately that sets off a new branch. Not the moment you come back.

Or, I guess since he put the stones back, that orginal timeline is the same. So this entire time there have been 2 Captain Americas?
    It is entirely possible that there have always been two Steve's. We can't know for sure based on the evidence presented to us. Peggy may have been veiling the truth about her husband in interviews. She would do of course. That's not proof either way.

Quote Originally Posted by Gorthon616 View Post
    He could have gone to the alternate reality Tony or he could have held onto it and used it later after she died. I prefer the latter because it requires the fewest additions to the story, but I can see reasons to go with the former. However, it should be kept in mind that Steve was always going to make multiple jumps to multiple time periods, so he would have to have some degree of control to determine when he needs to make the next jump, and alternative to not make the jump or choose to make the jump at a much later point in time.
    Why not go with the theory that requires absolutely no additions to the story? i.e. Assume the script writers presented everything we need. That Steve lived out his whole life in the same timeline as his frozen and revived self.

Instead of pointing to some deliberately vague exposition on Banner's part (which was worded to sound deliberately convoluted by using "your past, your present" for comedic gobbledygook effect, as well as setting up a joke for Scott) and instead point to the demonstration of branching we actually saw in the discussion with the actual expert on time. Which clearly suggests to some of us that time branching can't actually happen unless we take a stone away. That our perception of time is entirely governed by the stones and that they probably regulate the flow of time to avoid changes cascading through time. Voila, no extra info required!

If there was a principle of Occam's Razor of script writing (if only) then this would be the logical choice.

P.S. My wife came out of the movie and said "so really it was Back to the Future", and while I think it is based on a different concept of time to that movie, in a way that's what the movie is kind of saying. That Banner was wrong to dismiss movie time travel, and by doing do is unable to anticipate what actually happened. He thinks it is purely scientific and in actuality it is partly mystical.
    Last edited by JKtheMac; 04-29-2019 at 02:20 AM.

Clearly Old Man Rogers got Captain Marvel to fastball special him through time and space back to the bench. It's pretty obvious if you read between the lines.

Unglaublich!

Bucky blatantly knew what Cap was going to do. That's why Bucky says that he'll miss him (everyone thinks Rogers will only be gone for seconds) and also why he says that Cap's taking all the stupid with him (when Rogers says to not do anything stupid til he gets back).

So yeah, Barnes was in on it. As his best and oldest friend (literally and figuratively), this shouldn't surprise anyone.

Astonishing Member chamber-music's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Anarchist View Post
    Yeah, it'll be a toughie to find a villain who is on an equal footing with her for her next solo movie.
    These villains could take on Carol

Beyonder
    Michael Korvac
    Magus
    Tyrant

Astonishing Member chamber-music's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Roundman View Post
    Bad writing by the Ant Man & Wasp team. It would have made much more sense for Janet to have only aged a day or so. As I watched AM & W, I kept wondering how Janet hadn't long since starved to death given that she was in the Quantum Realm for 30 years without food or water or anything else. But they didn't want to have a young Janet competing with Hope for the role of the Wasp, so they aged Janet even if it didn't make sense to do so. Just another poor choice in what I think was the worst of all MCU movies. The choice to age Janet 30 years looks even worse now that Endgame retconned how time works in the Quantum Realm.
    There are cities and civilizations in the Quantum realm. We see a city in the background when Hank finds Janet.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

I don't think the five year gap messes things up. I think it opens up a lot of story possibilities for other movies to address and it's ripe for supplementary material.

I don't know why this annoys me, but none of the clickbait "news" sites at all seem to have noticed the Zola cameo in the corridor. I had to watch it again to be sure, and it's definitely him.

I mean, that would actually come under "cameos you didn't notice in Endgame", it was so blink-and-you'll-miss-it.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by JKtheMac View Post
    Why not go with the theory that requires absolutely no additions to the story? i.e. Assume the script writers presented everything we need. That Steve lived out his whole life in the same timeline as his frozen and revived self.
    The only reason why you assume that your theory "requires absolutely no additions to the story" is because you assume that it does not require any additions to the story. Given that a second Captain America existing during the events of Winter Solider and Civil War are not things that currently exist in these stories (at least on the versions that I've watched) then I can't really agree with you.

Quote Originally Posted by Gorthon616 View Post
    The only reason why you assume that your theory "requires absolutely no additions to the story" is because you assume that it does not require any additions to the story. Given that a second Captain America existing during the events of Winter Solider and Civil War are not things that currently exist in these stories (at least on the versions that I've watched) then I can't really agree with you.
    There were never two Captain Americas - he retired. "I tried some of that life thing. It was beautiful."

Quote Originally Posted by The Shape View Post
    Cap had a shield that was perfectly intact, so I think it’s safe to say he came back from an alternate timeline.
    Building off that, I noticed the shield's white stripes and star had some etchings that the original shield did not. That means it's either an alternate timeline shield or a brand new one that Cap somehow had made.

Quote Originally Posted by chamber-music View Post

Beyonder
    Michael Korvac
    Magus
    Tyrant
    Any villain they decide is strong enough. Captain Marvel herself is proof you can make anyone as strong as u want.

Beyonder
    Michael Korvac
    Magus
    Tyrant
    Carol was about the same level as Stormbreaker Thor you know the guy who jump into a star and nearly killed Thanos with one hit. The Thor in endgame was out shape and implied weaker than before which was one of the reason he wasn't obvious choice to put on gauntlet. People are slight exaggerating how powerful Captain marvel is you are not going to need Thanos level threats to stop her. But you will need upper echelon strength characters to face against her so Hulk,Thor, Thanos,Juggernaut, Gladiator,Hyperion,etc

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix Raptor View Post
    Bucky blatantly knew what Cap was going to do. That's why Bucky says that he'll miss him (everyone thinks Rogers will only be gone for seconds) and also why he says that Cap's taking all the stupid with him (when Rogers says to not do anything stupid til he gets back).

So yeah, Barnes was in on it. As his best and oldest friend (literally and figuratively), this shouldn't surprise anyone.
    The theory is sound. However that’s not how the actor plays it.

There are cities and civilizations in the Quantum realm. We see a city in the background when Hank finds Janet.
    Really? I can’t see it.