Page 57 of 121 FirstFirst ... 74753545556575859606167107 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Gorthon616 View Post
    The only reason why you assume that your theory "requires absolutely no additions to the story" is because you assume that it does not require any additions to the story. Given that a second Captain America existing during the events of Winter Solider and Civil War are not things that currently exist in these stories (at least on the versions that I've watched) then I can't really agree with you.
    Sorry you may need to restate your logic there. I didn’t say anything about a second Captain America did I? I said two Steve’s. He kept a low profile.
    Last edited by JKtheMac; 04-29-2019 at 10:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Cochese View Post
    I’m sure this is not going to happen, but wouldn’t it be amazing if the Loki series had Timecop Steve chasing Loki around the galaxy trying to get the Tesseract back and restore the timeline?
    It would be great. It could happen but it seems highly unlikely.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    The five year gap is a creative playground for the MCU. I'm interested to see how future projects will take advantage of it. Black Widow conference call alluded to the political, social and economic collapse all over the universe. I can imagine quite a few doomsday cults emerging post snap. The snap can easily lead to the creation of the MCU version of the universal church of truth.
    It’s actually a shame that the TV franchises have mostly come to a halt or are nearly finished.

The movie addressed it. Bruce told Cap that he tried to bring Widow back with his snap and it didn't work. Leads me to believe that sacrifices made for the soul stone are exempt.

When exactly? They had a conversation about the rules Red Skull told them. “Or that’s at least what the red floaty guy had to say”. But they didn’t actually try as far as I can tell. The fact is, they kept the snap simple. It was not worth risking finessing the snap when it can kill you. Tony said “Everyone Thanos snapped away five years ago” “don’t change anything from the last five years”. Banner just said “everybody comes home”.

I don’t think they could have pulled back Natasha or Gamora, but they didn’t try.

Amazing Member

The movie addressed it. Bruce told Cap that he tried to bring Widow back with his snap and it didn't work. Leads me to believe that sacrifices made for the soul stone are exempt.
    Personally I don't quite buy it.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaastra View Post
    That is micron city home of the micronauts where wasp spent a year at in the comics.
    Ah Ok. Now that you point it out I can see it on the video too. I couldn't see it at all before.

In your opinion, who should have died on Vormir? Hawkeye or Black Widow?

Quote Originally Posted by djk61387 View Post
    Personally I don't quite buy it.
    I think they are holding the Soul Stone stuff for the Guardians movie, that's all.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Cochese View Post
    I’m sure this is not going to happen, but wouldn’t it be amazing if the Loki series had Timecop Steve chasing Loki around the galaxy trying to get the Tesseract back and restore the timeline?
    That would be cool, but Cap would have had to have returned the Tesseract to the 70's, the moment where they took it from, so that would have been before Loki would have gotten it. So Loki likely created a new timeline when he disappeared with it in New York.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Witchfan View Post
    I think Black Widow was the logical choice. The one who succeeds in making the sacrifice should be the better fighter, who is Black Widow.

Quote Originally Posted by kmeyers View Post
    That would be cool, but Cap would have had to have returned the Tesseract to the 70's, the moment where they took it from, so that would have been before Loki would have gotten it. So Loki likely created a new timeline when he disappeared with it in New York.
    I don't believe that you can create a timeline just by teleporting yourself with the tesseract. It isn't time travel. So that element of the story isn't necessarily that important. To set up a time travel Loki/Cap story, Loki would need to also gain access to a means of time travel. It feels like they might do this in the TV show, because that way he could mess with his own death, but this movie dosen't give him the means to do this.

Quote Originally Posted by Witchfan View Post
    Clearly it had to be Hawkeye. They will probably get a TV show to the screen much quicker than a Black Widow film, which as far as I can tell is only at script stage.

Quote Originally Posted by JKtheMac View Post
    I don't believe that you can create a timeline just by teleporting yourself with the tesseract. It isn't time travel. So that element of the story isn't necessarily that important. To set up a time travel Loki/Cap story, Loki would need to also gain access to a means of time travel. It feels like they might do this in the TV show, because that way he could mess with his own death, but this movie dosen't give him the means to do this.
    But as the Ancient One told Bruce, ANY of the stones not going back to the moment from which they were taken would create an alternate timeline(s). And Loki disappeared with one.

Quote Originally Posted by kmeyers View Post
    But as the Ancient One told Bruce, ANY of the stones not going back to the moment from which they were taken would create an alternate timeline. And Loki disappeared with one.
    But he didn't remove it from the timeline.

Quote Originally Posted by Sam Robards, Comic Fan View Post
    Even then, the "rules" that they throw out toward the beginning are thrown out at the end of the movie when old Steve is somehow in the main timeline despite the fact that him staying in the past would've created an alternate timeline based on the f-ing rules they already established. And we know he wasn't there because he would've been there in the f-ing hospital with Peggy during Winter Soldier: we also saw pictures of her husband, and it ain't Steve.
    Well we have been arguing about this in the thread. Some of us don't believe there is anything wrong with the movie's logic. Just the way some are interpreting it.