Page 59 of 121 FirstFirst ... 94955565758596061626369109 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Overhazard View Post
    I liked the movie over all, but I would have preferred Hulk fight Thanos one on one instead of Carol. I know he had an injured arm, taking him out of the fight, even though he has a crazy healing factor, but it would have been so satisfying.
    Yeah, but the snap messed Thanos up really bad too, and they established it had to be Hulk to use the gauntlet to reverse it.

because of the radiation. i wonder if that will eventually be a thing in the comics.

Quote Originally Posted by Overhazard View Post
    I liked the movie over all, but I would have preferred Hulk fight Thanos one on one instead of Carol. I know he had an injured arm, taking him out of the fight, even though he has a crazy healing factor, but it would have been so satisfying.
    I think there were a lot of missed opportunities with hulk; i would’ve liked to see more time spent with banner coming to terms with his alter ego.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Taylor View Post
    More than anything else I want to see what happened when Steve returns the Soul Stone to the Red Skull.
    he would just need to chuck it over the cliff, right?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by MiddleMan View Post
    if anyone aside from Thor is worthy, it's Steve Rogers
    no argument from me
    go fellow steve
    RIP MARVEL HEROES 04.06.2013 - 27.11.2017
    Transformers TCG player

Quote Originally Posted by regnak View Post
    To be fair Thanos had been getting pounded on by the big three for sometime. Logically he would have been weaker when he fought SW due to damage taken and fatigue and that would apply even more so in regards to CM.
    Also Wanda had a very high damage output but someone like Hulk or Thor or Thanos given time can take her out. She can dish it out but she cant take a hit like the Big dogs. Thor from what I've seen can soak up ridiculous amounts of damage. Hulk faired about the same as Thanos after using the Gauntlet in term of damage he took. But yea Wanda's scene was bad ass, but yea anyone who can get close shouldnt have too much trouble knocking her out. Her powers probaly give her some kinda protective green lantern like Sheild. But from what we have seen not a strong one.

Quote Originally Posted by kmeyers View Post
    The Ancient one literally said that ANY stone removed would create an alternate branch, not just the time stone. She even had a visual aid to show Bruce. Also, the time travel was based on everything that happened, happened, so Loki got away with one.
    I agree that any stone taken from its timeframe would indeed create a branch. As I keep saying, Loki can’t time travel with the Tesseract, so it hasn’t been removed. No time travel, no branch.

She said nothing about no change in the timeline. Just that they can’t take the stones away. The stones create time. They can make sure everything stays relatively stable. It’s a form of self correcting time. The exact opposite of the butterfly effect.

The kind of time travel that means if you go back and kill Hitler as a baby somebody else from his same home town with a similar name takes his place.
    Last edited by JKtheMac; 04-29-2019 at 01:40 PM.

Astonishing Member chamber-music's Avatar

I think some fan service is warranted by the time you get to a 22nd movie in a ongoing franchise that is wrapping up the story arcs for a number of major characters.

The film was mostly for fans of the franchise. I can't imagine many people were going to see Endgame who have not seen at least a few other Marvel films.

Avengers: EndGame, or how to turn the Hulk into a freaking wuss in 3 hours and 6 minutes...

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    he would just need to chuck it over the cliff, right?
    Theoretically he could land, toss it towards the lava lake, and leave. But where is the fun in that?
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Taylor View Post
    Theoretically he could land, toss it towards the lava lake, and leave. But where is the fun in that?
    Well he isn't to know his nemesis is standing on the top of the mountain. Nobody said, "Hey, That red floaty guy. Isn't that the guy that you had a fight with before we were all born?"
    Last edited by JKtheMac; 04-29-2019 at 02:03 PM.

Incredible Member

I liked Nebula's arc in the movie. Her definite choice of staying on the good side is exemplified by her, killing a former self. I think at the time she did, she risked her own existence for doing the right thing.

Some people are pointing out that thor and sif send one of the gems to the collector who had two gems at once in the same room at the same time. Why not grab them there?

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gaastra View Post
    Some people are pointing out that thor and sif send one of the gems to the collector who had two gems at once in the same room at the same time. Why not grab them there?
    Wasn’t that only the case for like 5 minutes before Ronan’s Troops came through and took a stone?

Quote Originally Posted by Gaastra View Post
    I dont think he does though.