Page 61 of 121 FirstFirst ... 115157585960616263646571111 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    Clint clearly does because his family loves Nat. He brought her in from the dark. Sacrificing a love could easily be somebody like your sister. Love isn't always sexual love.

And he could've saved her but it would've meant that he would've died.
    I'd also add, that he had already lost his family, she was the only person left that he loved.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    It didnt make sense to me. How does her death give Hawkeye the stone when A)he didnt kill her and B)he didnt love her
    I think you misunderstood something fundamental if you think he didn't love her.

At what point was it ever established you had to kill someone you love for the stone?

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    he would just need to chuck it over the cliff, right?
    Since it has to be returned at the exact moment it was taken, then he'd be there just in time to see Nat plummet to her death.

Quote Originally Posted by titanfan View Post
    As for A.)He let her go. B.)He obviously loved her. Maybe not romantically but she was obviously his favorite Avenger.
    She killed herself; it was suicide, not a sacrifice on his part.

Quote Originally Posted by AJBopp View Post
    I think you misunderstood something fundamental if you think he didn't love her.

At what point was it ever established you had to kill someone you love for the stone?
    In IW. Red Skull that in order for Thanos to obtain the soul stone, he had to sacrifice someone he loved. That was a major plot point when Gamora laughed in his face bc she thought there was no one in the universe that he loved

BANNED

In IW. Red Skull that in order for Thanos to obtain the soul stone, he had to sacrifice someone he loved
    Exactly. So I'm not sure what you're point is. Had Gamora thrown herself over in sacrifice as Nat did....well, Thanos still wouldn't have gotten the stone, because she didn't love him. But the point is Nat made the sacrifice and he did love her, so he got the stone.

In IW. Red Skull that in order for Thanos to obtain the soul stone, he had to sacrifice someone he loved. That was a major plot point when Gamora laughed in his face bc she thought there was no one in the universe that he loved
    SomeTHING you love and he sacrificed his partnership with Nat.

Not that hard to figure out.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Exactly. So I'm not sure what you're point is. Had Gamora thrown herself over in sacrifice as Nat did....well, Thanos still wouldn't have gotten the stone, because she didn't love him. But the point is Nat made the sacrifice and he did love her, so he got the stone.
    My point was to obviously ask a question bc I was confused about what transpired. Nat made the sacrifice, not Clint. Based on the rules established, he shouldnt have gotten the stone.

BANNED

My point was to obviously ask a question bc I was confused about what transpired. Nat made the sacrifice, not Clint. Based on the rules established, he shouldnt have gotten the stone.
    The stone demands a sacrifice. It doesn't only work one way.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Perhaps the rules work in reverse. Nat love for Clint is what allowed her to do the sacrifice and still allow him to get the stone.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by nj06 View Post
    I just saw the movie and liked it overall. Some things I'm still confused on and I haven't read this entire thread so Idk if this was mentioned yet but:

1) Did Gamora die a 2nd time? She traveled thru time with Thanos, but did she get dusted again by Tony?

2) Why is Red Skull on Vormir? How did he get there and how does he know so much info about other people?

3) I thought Cap started a relationship with Sharon Carter? Post CA:CW, was it mentioned that they broke up? He basically left her and went back to Peggy.

4) Did Captain Marvel know who Thanos was prior to this? With all of this evil and scheming she never thought to just take him down by herself? Without the stones she seemed capable of defeating him.
    Some answrs

2) Red Skull was on Vormir because the space gem banished him there as pnishment for misusing it. He became the guardian of the soul stone

3) Cap only shared a kiss with Sharon Carter, nothing more.

4) I keep seeing this, but I don't understand it. Space is freakin' big. Carol never stopped Thanos probably for the same reason the Kree, Asgard and Xander never did, in that they couldn't find him. It wasn't as if he was operating from a planet, and seemed pretty mobile. He probably got the power stone the same way Ronan threatened Xandar, blitzing the planet before their fleet could respond.

Nice must read interview from The New York Times with Christopher Markus, and Stephen McFeely. They were the screenwriters for Endgame, along with Infinity War, the three Captain America films, and Thor: The Dark World.

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/04/29/m...d-answers.html

Interesting hearing about the vision for the film, and even some of the ideas that got left out. Apparently in Infinity War they were thinking about including The Living Tribunal during the battle on Titan. Also, I guess they at least thought about including the Netflix characters in the final battle, but ultimately they felt it would be too difficult to explain their appearance.

IGN also had this nice interview with Jim Starlin. Cool to hear his thoughts about what Marvel Studios did with a lot of the characters he came up with originally.

Clint and Natasha are longtime BFFs, even well before the events of the first Avengers film. It's pretty obvious how much they love each other -- platonic love is still love.

The stone demands a sacrifice. It doesn't only work one way.
    This contradicts what you just wrote about Gamora

BANNED

This contradicts what you just wrote about Gamora
    How? You'll have to explain that one.

Eh, let me explain further. Thanos loved Gamora. Gamora did not love Thanos. If she had thrown herself off the cliff, she would have sacrificed herself, but not lost one she loved. So the only way for Thanos to get the stone was to throw Gamora off the cliff himself.

Nat and Clint love each other. Didn't matter who went off the cliff or how. The other was always going to get the stone.
    Last edited by AJBopp; 04-29-2019 at 04:53 PM.