Page 62 of 121 FirstFirst ... 125258596061626364656672112 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Cyke View Post
    Clint and Natasha are longtime BFFs, even well before the events of the first Avengers film. It's pretty obvious how much they love each other -- platonic love is still love.
    Yes, I think the issue now is how did Clint get it, not why.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Ultimate Member

One thing I am curious about though, is where did Cap give the shield that he gave Sam?

Thanos destroyed the one Tony gave him, though do we know what happened to the one T'Challa defaced?

Hold your machete tight! Personamanx's Avatar

Would have been devastated if something had happened to Valkyrie's horse. That final fight was largely a mess, but at least the flying horse consistently stood out.

It was an alright movie.
    Last edited by Personamanx; 04-29-2019 at 04:46 PM.
    Continuity, even in a "shared" comics universe is often insignificant if not largely detrimental to the quality of a comic.

Immortal X-Men - Once & Future- X-Cellent - X-Men: Red

Nobody cares about what you don't like, they barely care about what you do like.

The Fastest Post Alive! Buried Alien's Avatar

Just to clarify what I think I saw: Tony ended up with the jeweled gauntlet because Dr. Strange pulled some magical switcheroo with Thanos?

Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    Buried Alien - THE FASTEST POST ALIVE!

First CBR Appearance (Historical): November, 1996

First CBR Appearance (Modern): April, 2014

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Buried Alien View Post
    Just to clarify what I think I saw: Tony ended up with the jeweled gauntlet because Dr. Strange pulled some magical switcheroo with Thanos?
    I like that explanation. I saw it twice and couldn't figure it out.

Ultimate Member

No, he just swiped them when he was struggling with Thanos. His armor was nano tech, and the gauntlet was designed by him (plus Bruce and Rocket). So he snatched them, and probably uploaded the design to his armor. That was all Tony

Quote Originally Posted by AJBopp View Post
    I like that explanation. I saw it twice and couldn't figure it out.
    Yeah...Thanos clearly had the jeweled gauntlet at hand (literally). Then, Strange gives Tony a long look, makes a gesture with his finger, and suddenly, Thanos is wearing the Stark armor gauntlet (no jewels) and Tony has the jeweled gauntlet. Other than Strange pulling sorcerous shenanigans, I don't know how else that could work.

BANNED

Yeah...Thanos clearly had the jeweled gauntlet at hand (literally). Then, Strange gives Tony a long look, makes a gesture with his finger, and suddenly, Thanos is wearing the Stark armor gauntlet (no jewels) and Tony has the jeweled gauntlet. Other than Strange pulling sorcerous shenanigans, I don't know how else that could work.
    Well the gesture was Strange reminding Tony that there was only one opportunity to win out of 14 million, and telling him without "telling him" that he was going to have to sacrifice himself to get to that ending.

Is how I interpreted it.

I kind of assumed that Starktech "sucked" the stones into his own gauntlet during the fight.

Amazing Member

The gauntlet is tech made by Tony. He probably just had his suit send a command to the glove to release the stones. The nanotech in his suit grabbed them and presto. Infinity suit.

Thanos had the Stark tech gauntlet but all the gems were missing. Tony's nanites swiped the gems and move then to his armor. That's how I saw it. Stranges gesture was just saying this is the one outcome where we win to reaffirm to Tony that hes making the right choice. That was all Tony

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    Thanos had the Stark tech gauntlet but all the gems were missing. Tony's inanities swiped the gems and move then to his armor. That's how I saw it
    Same.

This was Tony's last hurrah. I doubt they were gonna give credit to his final victory to Strange

Quote Originally Posted by AJBopp View Post
    Well the gesture was Strange reminding Tony that there was only one opportunity to win out of 14 million, and telling him without "telling him" that he was going to have to sacrifice himself to get to that ending.

Is how I interpreted it.

I kind of assumed that Starktech "sucked" the stones into his own gauntlet during the fight.
    Me too. The gesture was a signal of the one chance.

Note too how Strange's attitude changes toward Tony in Infinity War to the point of saying "we are in the Endgame now" after "saving" him.
    Last edited by Xheight; 04-30-2019 at 08:25 AM.

Extraordinary Member

Not a major part of the movie...but I wish Harley had had more of a presence than just standing at the funeral. Make him a genius on par with Tony and have him living with Tony, Pepper and Morgan as Tony's protege.

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    Same.

This was Tony's last hurrah. I doubt they were gonna give credit to his final victory to Strange
    Well, in basketball terms, Tony would still be the one taking the clutch shot at the buzzer for the win...Strange would just set him up for it with a good pass.

Well, in basketball terms, Tony would still be the one taking the clutch shot at the buzzer for the win...Strange would just set him up for it with a good pass.

Theres no reason to think Strange did that though. The Gesture was a call back to Infinitt war not a spell. And you can see the nanites shifting the stones into place. Strnage would have just put them in place If he was doing a switcheroo.