Page 64 of 121 FirstFirst ... 145460616263646566676874114 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Star_Jammer View Post
    You quoted it yourself: "you must lose, that which you love", NOT "you must kill/sacrifice as a tribute/piss on the headstone of that which you love".

Thanos just killed Gamora because WTF would she give him the stone when she'd been working all along to prevent that?
    Gamora killing herself would have resulted in Thanos losing what he loved, which should have given him the stone anyway

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Gamora killing herself would have resulted in Thanos losing what he loved, which should have given him the stone anyway
    I don't necessarily disagree that IF Gamora killed herself, Thanos would have gotten the stone.

I said why the f**k would she willingly do so? She doesn't want Thanos to have the stone. She only took Thanos to Vormir because he was torturing Neubla. When she thought everything was cool because "you don't love anything", she was elated.

When she realized he was going to kill her, she quickly changed to "Oh shiii--" mode.
    Last edited by Star_Jammer; 04-29-2019 at 07:08 PM.

BANNED

Conveniently forgetting she made the sacrifice, and not him, whom she didn't love, so it would have been a sure fire way to prevent him from ever getting the stone. People trash on Quill in IW for not killing Thanos, but it was Gamora's fault.

I don't necessarily disagree that IF Gamora killed herself, Thanos would have gotten the stone.

I said why the f**k would she willingly do so? She doesn't want Thanos to have the stone. She only took Thanos to Vormir because he was torturing Neubla. When she thought everything was cool because "you don't love anything", she was elated.

When she realized he was going to kill her, she quickly changed to "Oh shiii--" mode.
    Actually when she realized he was going to kill her, she took out her dagger and was going to commit suicide bc she didnt want him to be the one to kill her. Based on what RS said, either event should have given Thanos the stone.

Quote Originally Posted by AJBopp View Post
    Conveniently forgetting she made the sacrifice, and not him, whom she didn't love, so it would have been a sure fire way to prevent him from ever getting the stone. People trash on Quill in IW for not killing Thanos, but it was Gamora's fault.
    Again Red Skull doesnt use the word sacrifice. He says "In order to take the stone, you must lose that which you love. A soul for a soul." He doesnt specify whom must do the killing
    Last edited by Havok83; 04-29-2019 at 07:43 PM.

When Hope shows up in the heroes return seen right side corner with the Ravagers is Howard the Duck Endgame just got cooler.

BANNED

Saw it this morning. it was a fine movie although I would say almost none of the comedic moments landed or worked for me at all. there were entire scenes that should have been scrapped altogether and I was almost stunned they were even in the movie to begin with. scenes literally making the movie look like a comedy (forcing the viewer to somewhat suspend disbelief as one would do watching a comedy opposed to a drama) and then major tonal shifts directly after or sometimes IN the very scene itself! it can just be really annoying, to me I felt no fluidity in these tone changes so it almost felt off and incomplete to me. To be fair the crowd was a bit slim since it was a morning showing and they weren't the most excited of viewers so that could have contributed. I feel like Marvel sometimes too heavily relies on what a big audience will go crazy over rather than the scene altogether.

I could not fully submit to the complete buffoonery some of these characters are put through. I think what the Russo's did with Thor will be a contested story decision for a long time. I didn't completely hate it but didn't really appreciate or enjoy it either (however the scene with his mother is great) . I was happy to see that Nebula was such a prominent character; she played a more important role in this movie than both of the GOTG movies. For the most part I liked everyone's story arc, I thought Hulk was the most tiring and unlikable character in the film, even though I'm a fan of both BannerHulk and Mark Ruffalo. The scene with Clint and Nat on the cliff was cringe-worthy.

The rules and uses of time travel in this movie are so insane and kind of migraine-inducing so I'd rather not get into it. I feel like the general idea was to write off every other time travel theory as incorrect to basically create their own rules so they could do what they wanted... so I guess it works, but when you really want to think about it, how do you not go WTF?

I loved the setup of the final battle and the appearances of all the different characters tied to the different MCU franchises. the battle itself was okay. to me it was a repeat of the battle in Infinity War, which was epic "heroic" moments, random shots of the characters with their masks off (quick couple million right there I guess for those who didn't get much screen time ) , against expendable nameless villains and monsters, aside from the black order I guess) . so really I didn't feel too connected to it on any level, it was pure entertainment since the fighting itself was cool, but all the unnecessary hero posing and humorous moments, enveloped by that colorless and dull background, made it average to me.

I really enjoyed the ending. I don't think MCU media will be much the same after this. My two lingering questions are, is everyone at Peter's school 20-years-old now? Did he travel back five years while everyone else stayed?
    Also, did Thor stealing mjolnir from his past really not have an effect on anything? was there just another one lying around?

It's a long movie, still need to compile more thoughts, but those are the freshest on my mind
    Last edited by Elmo; 04-29-2019 at 08:21 PM.

So why did thanos put up a better fight without the stones?

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Elmo View Post
    Saw it this morning. it was a fine movie although I would say almost none of the comedic moments landed or worked for me at all. there were entire scenes that should have been scrapped altogether and I was almost stunned they were even in the movie to begin with. scenes literally making the movie look like a comedy (forcing the viewer to somewhat suspend disbelief as one would do watching a comedy opposed to a drama) and then major tonal shifts directly after or sometimes IN the very scene itself! it can just be really annoying, to me I felt no fluidity in these tone changes so it almost felt off and incomplete to me. To be fair the crowd was a bit slim since it was a morning showing and they weren't the most excited of viewers so that could have contributed. I feel like Marvel sometimes too heavily relies on what a big audience will go crazy over rather than the scene altogether.

I could not fully submit to the complete buffoonery some of these characters are put through. I think what the Russo's did with Thor will be a contested story decision for a long time. I didn't completely hate it but didn't really appreciate or enjoy it either (however the scene with his mother is great) . I was happy to see that Nebula was such a prominent character; she played a more important role in this movie than both of the GOTG movies. For the most part I liked everyone's story arc, I thought Hulk was the most tiring and unlikable character in the film, even though I'm a fan of both BannerHulk and Mark Ruffalo. The scene with Clint and Nat on the cliff was cringe-worthy.

The rules and uses of time travel in this movie are so insane and kind of migraine-inducing so I'd rather not get into it. I feel like the general idea was to write off every other time travel theory as incorrect to basically create their own rules so they could do what they wanted... so I guess it works, but when you really want to think about it, how do you not go WTF?

I loved the setup of the final battle and the appearances of all the different characters tied to the different MCU franchises. the battle itself was okay. to me it was a repeat of the battle in Infinity War, which was epic "heroic" moments, random shots of the characters with their masks off (quick couple million right there I guess for those who didn't get much screen time ) , against expendable nameless villains and monsters, aside from the black order I guess) . so really I didn't feel too connected to it on any level, it was pure entertainment since the fighting itself was cool, but all the unnecessary hero posing and humorous moments, enveloped by that colorless and dull background, made it average to me.

I really enjoyed the ending. I don't think MCU media will be much the same after this. My two lingering questions are, is everyone at Peter's school 20-years-old now? Did he travel back five years while everyone else stayed?
    Also, did Thor stealing mjolnir from his past really not have an effect on anything? was there just another one lying around?

It's a long movie, still need to compile more thoughts, but those are the freshest on my mind
    Everyone in Peter's supporting cast got snapped.

BANNED

Actually when she realized he was going to kill her, she took out her dagger and was going to commit suicide bc she didnt want him to be the one to kill her. Based on what RS said, either event should have given Thanos the stone.
    She was going to stab herself to try and die before being thrown off the cliff which is, presumably, a key factor in how someone dies to obtain the stone.

The J-man

She was going to stab herself to try and die before being thrown off the cliff which is, presumably, a key factor in how someone dies to obtain the stone.
    How do you figure? Nothing was stated about that. The only reason I felt the Russos even chose the fall was for dramatic effect

Quote Originally Posted by choptop View Post
    He was desperate and was fighting alot more heroes. He was only facing off against a handful of characters at any given time in the last film. With the stones, he had an unfair advantage and that required less effort from him

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Everyone in Peter's supporting cast got snapped.
    Convenient... but so are a million other things in Endgame, so who cares

BANNED

How do you figure? Nothing was stated about that. The only reason I felt the Russos even chose the fall was for dramatic effect
    Mostly because Red Skull purposely leads Gamora/Thanos and Clint/Nat to the cliff. And that each set of characters deem it necessary to go over the cliff. And all the ritualistic symbols at the bottom of the cliff.

Quote Originally Posted by choptop View Post
    Because it wasn't much of a fight the first time. In IW Tony and the gang had a plan, they took Thanos by surprise so while it looked like he was getting his ass kicked in reality all that amount of damage they caused was like a paper cut. This Thanos didn't have the luxury of the gems so he had to get off his ass.

Did Gamora die twice? She followed Thanos into the future, so did she disintegrate when Tony did the snap?

Also, do we know if the Hulk is permanently injured?
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!