Page 65 of 121 FirstFirst ... 155561626364656667686975115 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by nj06 View Post
    Did Gamora die twice? She followed Thanos into the future, so did she disintegrate when Tony did the snap?

Also, do we know if the Hulk is permanently injured?
    I think so bc if she was alive, I think she'd have been shown with the Guardians at the end. Quill said they were going to try and find her, implying Gamora was no longer with them

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    I think so bc if she was alive, I think she'd have been shown with the Guardians at the end. Quill said they were going to try and find her, implying Gamora was no longer with them
    That's gotta suck for Quill seeing as how she died twice. Although I wonder how they will find her since BW couldn't be brought back even with the stones. I also wonder if Thor will have any part in any upcoming GotG films.
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

It is pretty safe to assume that Hulk is injured permanently,Which gives them a reason to keep him out of movies. It wouldn't take much to bring him back but Endgame is a clear stopping point for old avengers. And Marvel is going to pushing some "New Avengers" and maybe some "young avengers" as well.

Niffleheim

It seemed apparent to me that Hulk is going to be in the next Ant-Man and the Wasp movie. I hope they get better writers for the franchise.

That's gotta suck for Quill seeing as how she died twice. Although I wonder how they will find her since BW couldn't be brought back even with the stones. I also wonder if Thor will have any part in any upcoming GotG films.
    They didn't tease Thor joining to team for fun. His arc was about atop trying to be who other people want u to be and be who you are. Which for him is a hero, seems to me he saw the Guardians as the best way to go out and do that. Which is funny cause they are the least heroic heroes. As far as Gamora I'd say she was in the Soul stone but Thanos destroyed it so I dont know. I'm guessing When Tony snapped since he knew about Gamora he let her stay in the present and she freaked out about having this whole family and boy friend she dont know just took off rather then face them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    It is pretty safe to assume that Hulk is injured permanently,Which gives them a reason to keep him out of movies. It wouldn't take much to bring him back but Endgame is a clear stopping point for old avengers. And Marvel is going to pushing some "New Avengers" and maybe some "young avengers" as well.
    I'd go 180 the other way. Hes the Hulk he will heal from that eventually. They can keep him out the movie simply by him being Professor hulk and not liking to fight. That way he only has to join in when the huge world threat Avenger team up movies happen. But yea I highly doubt next time we see Hulk hes walking around in a sling. But I guess you never know

Gamora is alive in my opinion. When Tony snapped it would have been contextual. His thought would be ‘destroy Thanos and his army. At this point Gamora was fighting with our heroes so the gauntlet would leave her be. Tony didn’t individually chose each victim. Just generalised.

Quote Originally Posted by Ralmist View Post
    It seemed apparent to me that Hulk is going to be in the next Ant-Man and the Wasp movie. I hope they get better writers for the franchise.
    Where did you get that? I'd love that but not sure how you got there. Because they had some scene between the two? Cause He also had a couple scenes with Rocket. If he didnt have family on earth who need him I'd love to see Antman join the Guardians too. Just seeing him react to everything with the Paul Rudd charm would be amazing.

I dont know what it is but I like Antman but I love him in team up movies. Civil war and now endgame he was a scene stealer imo.

Quote Originally Posted by AJBopp View Post
    Bruce specifically said he tried to bring her back at some point in the forest. I think maybe just before he sent cap back to return the stones.
    I didn’t notice that on two viewings. Maybe this movie is too long after all So presumably he is saying while he did the snap he tried to add it to his wish?
    Last edited by JKtheMac; 04-30-2019 at 01:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by kmeyers View Post
    Loki took it at a different time than it was replaced. That's all that is necessary.
    I really think you are either misunderstanding what I am saying or the movie. Loki didn’t take it anywhere. The only time it matters is if he takes it out of its correct moment in TIME. He teleports away, so yes he takes it. But he doesn’t take it out of its timeline.

Quote Originally Posted by AJBopp View Post
    The stone demands a sacrifice. It doesn't only work one way.
    Actually, Red Skull worded it differently each time. Personally I think this is deliberate. I suspect that we will eventually discover the sacrifice demand is actually a lie. That the Soul Stone has a dark vampiric side to it, much as it does in the Warlock comics. This is perhaps why Warlock is being potentially introduced, so that they can introduce this element and actually journey into the Soul Stone to get its victims back.

The idea that Thanos throwing Gamora off of the cliff counts as sacrifice at all is highly suspect. Not because Thanos wouldn’t consider it a huge personal loss, but because there is nothing sacred about throwing a loved one off of a cliff. I believe we are supposed to feel that the set-up is unfair, so that the reversal will mean something when it eventually comes. We may get a third and even less sensible death to really push the point home.

This all relies upon the stones not being destroyed of course.

P.s. it’s not actually worded that differently. But he uses the words ‘An everlasting exchange. A soul for a soul.’ Which could even suggest destroying the stone could bring her back anyway. Attempting to bring somebody back when they are already back would be a problem.

Because they were not trying to bend our minds with time travel at the beginning we may have had five years with two Natasha’s. One undercover.
    Last edited by JKtheMac; 04-30-2019 at 01:19 AM.

Astonishing Member

I finally watched it recently,and i thought it was a great Marvel movie.It really wraped up really well the previous Avenger movie.
    As a comic book reader i was happy with the several references to the comic books as the Hulk reference from the original Secret Wars limited series.And speaking of the Hulk i was pleasently surprised to see how Hulk was a major character of the movie with references of the Hulk stories from Peter David stories from Incredible Hulk.Have to say i was surprised that it included reference to fairly recent comic book stories as Old Man Steve Rogers.But repeating myself as a comic book reader those references to comic book stories are interesting.
    Great scenes through the movie,as the start of the scene when Thor,Captain America and Iron Man see Thanos in the last battle scene of the movie,or when Captain America enters the elevator with the Hydra agents,The tension of those two scenes for example were well done.Will have to re-watch this movie again but after a first viewing it´s a great movie.

Very slow first hour or so but holy crap that last hour completely made up for it. What a fantastic ending to this story that has been building for 10+ years.
    Was fully expecting Steve to be the one who made the sacrifice and not Tony but I liked how they handled everything in the ending.

Favorite moment was when Cap picked the hammer up and started fighting Thanos!
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:
    DC: The Flash (Jay & Wally), Starman- Jack Knight, Stargirl, & Shazam!.
    MARVEL: Daredevil, Spider-Man (Peter Parker), & Doctor Strange.

Current Pulls: Not a thing!

Did Gamora die twice? She followed Thanos into the future, so did she disintegrate when Tony did the snap?

I took it as Gamora survived and went into space which is why Quill was looking at the map at the end.
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:
    DC: The Flash (Jay & Wally), Starman- Jack Knight, Stargirl, & Shazam!.
    MARVEL: Daredevil, Spider-Man (Peter Parker), & Doctor Strange.

Current Pulls: Not a thing!

Swiss army nerd

Just saw the movie last night, and largely really enjoyed it. I loved the sombre first hour, the kinda zany time heist stuff and the comic book spectacle of the end. The big Cap moments were genuine "I want to stand up and cheer" moments for me.

The internal logic of the movie falls to pieces if you even glance at it, but it was satisfying enough and I enjoyed it enough that I can ignore it. Though I am very curious to see how they'll portray the MCU earth in future films, given that it's now an earth that has faced a MASSIVE collapse in infrastructure, governments etc, and now half the population remember 5 years when the other half was dead. The trauma that would inflict is utterly immeasurable. Some people are now 5 years older than their friends etc. Is T'Challa even king anymore? Who took over in his five year absence? I feel like they might just casually ignore the whole thing and go back to business as usual. Fascinated to see what comes next though.