Page 66 of 121 FirstFirst ... 165662636465666768697076116 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by greatmetropolitan View Post
    Just saw the movie last night, and largely really enjoyed it. I loved the sombre first hour, the kinda zany time heist stuff and the comic book spectacle of the end. The big Cap moments were genuine "I want to stand up and cheer" moments for me.

The internal logic of the movie falls to pieces if you even glance at it, but it was satisfying enough and I enjoyed it enough that I can ignore it. Though I am very curious to see how they'll portray the MCU earth in future films, given that it's now an earth that has faced a MASSIVE collapse in infrastructure, governments etc, and now half the population remember 5 years when the other half was dead. The trauma that would inflict is utterly immeasurable. Some people are now 5 years older than their friends etc. Is T'Challa even king anymore? Who took over in his five year absence? I feel like they might just casually ignore the whole thing and go back to business as usual. Fascinated to see what comes next though.
    Looks like Okoye lead in his absence and I'm sure she will gladly let him have the crown back.

Another forgotten part of that massive movie was where the hell did Tchalla learn them football moves lol.

Most memorable part for me is just after Thanos attacked the Avengers HQ, Hulk is shown holding up the cave-in and it instantly made me think of Secret Wars #4. I wish they would have played more off of that or at least show signs of Bruce losing control of the Hulk. And we really needed a full on Hulk Smash scene at the end.

Fantastic Member

Is this movie good enough for oscar nod? Much better than black panther. Never cried so much at a theatre twice.

lol this isn't getting an Oscar nod for best picture 0% chance, maybe special effects if nothing else cleaner comes out
    The J-man

she's not coming back
    The J-man

Astonishing Member David Walton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    Clint clearly does because his family loves Nat. He brought her in from the dark. Sacrificing a love could easily be somebody like your sister. Love isn't always sexual love.

And he could've saved her but it would've meant that he would've died.
    I got the impression that he couldn't save her at this point. If he could have sacrificed himself instead, he gladly would have. But he couldn't get her back on the ledge and if they both died her sacrifice would be in vain.

Re-watched IW, and Skull says the Stone requires a sacrifice that will give the person who acquires it a sense of its worth (paraphrasing). So I think either of them could have jumped off the cliff and it would have been enough for the other to acquire the Soul Stone, because they would feel the weight of the sacrifice.

Quote Originally Posted by Jekyll View Post
    I took it as Gamora survived and went into space which is why Quill was looking at the map at the end.
    Yes, alternate timeline Gamora is traveling the universe with Nebula now. Pretty big setup for GOTG3.

Quote Originally Posted by choptop View Post
    So why did thanos put up a better fight without the stones?
    With the gauntlet in hand, Thanos was handicapped by focusing all his effort and will on closing his fist.

But he definitely made a better showing when he used the Power Stone to gain the advantage over Captain Marvel.

Quote Originally Posted by Buried Alien View Post
    Back on the time-travel tangent: how would you compare how time travel was handled on ENDGAME to, say, how it's handled on the FLASH TV series?

A part of me can't help but wonder if the Avengers could have saved themselves a lot of trouble if they just stopped by the DC TV Universe and hijacked the Flash/Barry Allen.

Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    Well, post-Flashpoint, time travel always seems to go horribly for Barry Allen. So presumably things would have gotten much worse! And Barry would decide that he needed to undo the changes and just let half the universe die because for some reason it's okay for villains to manipulate the timeline but heroes aren't supposed to set it right.

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    lol this isn't getting an Oscar nod for best picture 0% chance, maybe special effects if nothing else cleaner comes out
    They did create a category for this kind of movie though. And much like LotR they dished out Oscars primarily because it had made everyone loads of money. A cinema landscape without the MCU is not worth thinking about as far as economics are concerned. They are allowing the cinema's to actually bank on getting people into their establishments twice a year on average, rather than gamble all year.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by David Walton View Post
    I got the impression that he couldn't save her at this point. If he could have sacrificed himself instead, he gladly would have. But he couldn't get her back on the ledge and if they both died her sacrifice would be in vain.
    When she shot out the line, she managed to clip it to Clint's belt somehow, so he couldn't have fallen in any case.

Quote Originally Posted by AJBopp View Post
    When she shot out the line, she managed to clip it to Clint's belt somehow, so he couldn't have fallen in any case.
    Ah, thanks for the clarification.

This answer about bringing Natasha back is very interesting:

McFEELY But that’s the everlasting exchange. You bring her back, you lose the stone.

Now this will always be up to whichever screenwriter is on a project, but he is clearly focusing on the words I highlighted earlier: ‘An everlasting exchange. A soul for a soul’

So now that the stones are supposedly destroyed what would that mean exactly? I would bet that any future Black Widow movie will not be a flashback, simply because it probably won't arrive for a couple of years. The narrative will have moved on by then. So perhaps the simplest solution is that she returned when Thanos destroyed the stones.

Ultimate Member

If THAT was Natasha's end point in the MCU, then what a disappointing one it was.

Fantastic Member

Nebula is with the rest of gaurdians. Gamora went on her own