Page 68 of 121 FirstFirst ... 185864656667686970717278118 ... LastLast
Results 1,006 to 1,020 of 1811

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    How did Hawkeye not die when the building was blown up? That made no sense. The rest of the heroes either had armor or some level of invulnerability but Clint is just a regular human with none
    Quote Originally Posted by David Walton View Post
    I got the impression that he couldn't save her at this point. If he could have sacrificed himself instead, he gladly would have. But he couldn't get her back on the ledge and if they both died her sacrifice would be in vain.

Re-watched IW, and Skull says the Stone requires a sacrifice that will give the person who acquires it a sense of its worth (paraphrasing). So I think either of them could have jumped off the cliff and it would have been enough for the other to acquire the Soul Stone, because they would feel the weight of the sacrifice.
    I just saw it again and she shoots him through the vest with a grapple arrow, so there's no way he can get undone without dropping her. But she makes herself drop ...
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Unglaublich!

Quote Originally Posted by David Walton View Post
    Yes, alternate timeline Gamora is traveling the universe with Nebula now. Pretty big setup for GOTG3.
    Nebula was on the Benatar with the rest of the Guardians. Gamora was not to be seen, hence Quill searching for her.

Quote Originally Posted by Sain View Post
    Does anyone know how/why War Machine's suit got upgraded at the end? It's a weird look, too.
    His War Machine armour was damaged when Thanos levelled the compound - he had to leave it trapped when he rescued Rocket. He must've then put his old Iron Patriot armour on and joined the big battle.

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix Raptor View Post
    His War Machine armour was damaged when Thanos levelled the compound - he had to leave it trapped when he rescued Rocket. He must've then put his old Iron Patriot armour on and joined the big battle.
    Given the color scheme, it was reminding me of the Iron Patriot Armor, but it looks nothing like the one previously seen. That just seems like a strange upgrade to have made behind the scenes.

Quote Originally Posted by Sain View Post
    Given the color scheme, it was reminding me of the Iron Patriot Armor, but it looks nothing like the one previously seen. That just seems like a strange upgrade to have made behind the scenes.
    Yes, but if it were exactly the same, then they couldn't make new toys

Consider, though, that Infinity War was a 2 year jump, Endgame was a 5 year jump, and Rhodey was very active during those 5 years. He may have had multiple suits from Tony before he retired.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    He wouldn't need to do any of that. He could have simply not used his round trip with the pym particles until he got old.
    Yep. The way I read Pym Particles and time travel, the particles in Endgame were working as a kind of cross-time and cross-space GPS. You could go to the past and create an alternative timeline but you would always come right back to the timeline you left. The particles are a GPS with five dimensions involved - x, y, z, time, and space

But its a little pre-Crisis DC. There could be thousands of alternative universes

However I should also add that the concept employed here is very clean. It means that there is almost no point to musing about using time travel to fix things in the future. No going back in time and grabbing Biff's sports journal is going to stop Biff from taking over the town. You have to actually confront Biff even if you went back in time and grabbed the journal, because all that does is create a new timeline you are not a part of. In your timeline he has it and has done his shenanigans. Of course it also means that the first movie ends in a very depressing way!
    Last edited by Scott Taylor; 04-30-2019 at 10:39 AM.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Extraordinary Member Divine Spark's Avatar

Was there any reason given to why they didn’t contact Carol about the plan?

Quote Originally Posted by The Shape View Post
    Was there any reason given to why they didn’t contact Carol about the plan?
    what could she have done? It was a heist and her powers are super flashy. She wasnt exactly needed and with her attitude, I could see her thinking it was beneath her and a waste of time

The wife and I did a podcast about it...
    We summarized all the MCU movies that lead to it before going into EndGame...
    If you're so inclined to give it a listen... if you enjoyed it, please consider sharing the URL.
    http://comicreliefpodcast.com/archives/2215
    Need Comics? Consider using my Affiliate link - helps keep my Podcast ad free!
    https://www.mycomicshop.com/?AffID=1055159P01
    Check out the Comic Relief Podcast! - The podcast all about comics!

Since Avengers: Endgame was released, one of the biggest talking points has been the Marvel Cinematic Universe's take on time-travel and whether it actually works. That's particularly been the case with Steve Rogers' decision to travel back in time to live out his life with Peggy Carter despite the fact we know altering the past doesn't change the future.

Well, it turns out that Steve actually lived in an alternate timeline/dimension before making the jump back to the MCU as we know it in order to hand his shield over to Sam Wilson.

Report Ad

"If Cap were to go back into the past and live there, he would create a branched reality," co-director Joe Russo explains. "The question then becomes, how is he back in this reality to give the shield away?"

"Interesting question, right?" Joe continues. "Maybe there’s a story there. There’s a lot of layers built into this movie and we spent three years thinking through it, so it’s fun to talk about it and hopefully fill in holes for people so they understand what we’re thinking."

It definitely sounds like the stage is being set for a spinoff addressing what Cap was up to for all those years and the Russos went on to reveal that Bucky somehow knows that Steve wasn't planning on coming back. "Especially when he says goodbye," Joe explained. "He says, ‘I’ll miss you.’ Clearly he knows something." What about The Falcon? "Sam doesn’t know something," he confirms.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Astonishing Member David Walton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    It definitely sounds like the stage is being set for a spinoff addressing what Cap was up to for all those years and the Russos went on to reveal that Bucky somehow knows that Steve wasn't planning on coming back. "Especially when he says goodbye," Joe explained. "He says, ‘I’ll miss you.’ Clearly he knows something." What about The Falcon? "Sam doesn’t know something," he confirms.
    That's really interesting. I wonder what Cap kept from Sam, and why?

Did Bucky learn of Cap's intentions offscreen, or did he just understand Steve that well?

Also of note, Cap and Buck reversed their exchange from CA:TFA when Bucky was shipping off, if memory serves.

"Don't do anything stupid."
    "How could I, when you're taking all the stupid with you?"

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    The Russos did a Q&A in China that clears up a lot of the plot issues from with the movie

https://www.reddit.com/r/marvelstudi...ngers_endgame/

This answers the ending with Cap
    As I was saying over on the other thread, it looks a little spurious to me. It may be genuine but it isn’t a movie website and it seems a little too fan theory focused.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    How did Hawkeye not die when the building was blown up? That made no sense. The rest of the heroes either had armor or some level of invulnerability but Clint is just a regular human with none
    How did a raccoon survive? They should have all been killed except the Hulk.

Quote Originally Posted by choptop View Post
    So why did thanos put up a better fight without the stones?
    I was thinking about this when it happened actually. I feel it can be essentially handwaved away by leaning on the idea that Thanos is just a very skilled fighter, conqueror, and had a weapon that he had a ton of experience using. He was also only initially facing 3 opponents without the gauntlet, as opposed to 6 with two infinity stones. The Guantlet in these films doesn't seem as dangerous offensively as it is in the comics. Just the power stone alone. Even then, Stormbreaker is shown to get around that.

As more time goes on, it doesn't bother me as much as before.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vic Vega View Post
    The guy from Channel Awesome described it best: The Dragon Ball Z rules of Time Travel.

Future Trunks can go back in time save Goku and prevent the Androids and Cell from trashing the Earth but when he goes back to his own time but everything is still funked up.
    "I love mankind...it's people I can't stand!!"

- Charles Schultz.

www.taurianfilms.com KabutoRyder's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by krazijoe View Post
    Most memorable part for me is just after Thanos attacked the Avengers HQ, Hulk is shown holding up the cave-in and it instantly made me think of Secret Wars #4. I wish they would have played more off of that or at least show signs of Bruce losing control of the Hulk. And we really needed a full on Hulk Smash scene at the end.
    Yeah, i can understand just not having time for it considering all the other stuff going on and the fact they wanted to have the fight with Thanos zero in on Cap, Tony and Thor, but Hulk never got his payback on Thanos for whupping his ass and I think he needed it, but again, i can pass on it no prob