Page 69 of 121 FirstFirst ... 195965666768697071727379119 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,035 of 1811

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    The Russos did a Q&A in China that clears up a lot of the plot issues from with the movie

https://www.reddit.com/r/marvelstudi...ngers_endgame/

This answers the ending with Cap

Q: EG’s plot, is it a parallel universe or a closed time loop?

A: Nope, not a time loop. Both Ancient One and Hulk were right. You can’t change the future by simply going back to past. But it’s possible to create a different alternate future. It’s not butterfly effect. Every decision you made in the past could potentially create a new timeline. For example, the old Cap at the end movie, he lived his married life in a different universe from the main one. He had to make another jump back to the main universe at the end to give the shield to Sam.
    To me, this still isn't a satisfying answer because Steve didn't just go back to the past; he lived there.

So, if he's living with an alternate timeline Peggy Carter, then Steve is not with the "real" one. He might as well as traveled to a Marvel version of Earth-2 and lived with THAT Peggy.

Also, I guess Steve would have had to spend every outdoor moment in disguise as he was fairly well known as a World War II hero. His face was on posters and he was said to have died/disappeared in First Avenger.

I appreciate the Russos trying to explain things, but let's face it, time travel and changing the past (even your presence changes the past even if you just stand there doing nothing) doesn't make any sense, so the movie should not have made it such a plot point to try to explain things.

It wasn't worth the "Back to the Future is wrong???" jokes. Once you get people to dwell on things, they are going to find the faults in the logic.

I don’t have time to read all this thread, so though it was a good movie (even the score was great), some things I have questions about.

Doctor Strange could have stuck Thanos in a time loop like Dormammu, why didn’t he do it this time?

I was very disappointed Hulk never got payback on Thanos, to redeem himself after Thanos humiliated him last movie. The amalgam Hulk was not as good as berserker Hulk.

I think I got disoriented when the reality was reverted back and dead characters reappeared suddenly.

Nebula’s duplicity was the real shocker here. It put a spanned in the works. That she got killed by her future self was a statement on past Nebula’s role as a secret agent of Thanos, and would have been hard on future Nebula?

Did Wakanda have these portals before, because there were like twenty of them?

So why did Pepper have a child at the funeral? Did reality reset to future where the movie started, not 5 years ago? And did Clint’s family have to do without him for five years and that’s why they were so relieved to see him back?

The Hulk said to not alter anything when they go back in time, but Cap altered so he could live with Margaret Carter till he got old. That should have changed everything.

I was happy that Sam Wilson was offered the shield and to be Cap, but I got the feeling Steve would have offered it to anyone that greeted him at that moment.

Disappointed there was no post-movie shorts. We all stayed back and were disappointed nothing was shown.

Like others, I cried seven times during the movie.

Thanos’ critique of mankind that he hated them the most, was a comment on how annoying Earth humans are. And you can see why because the super heroes never let go even when they are beaten. Tells you why Earthers are always winning. Also, as Thanos waited for Starks reversal ‘snap’, I got the distinct feeling Thanos was nothing more than a dry piece of dust, even before he turned into dust. The man always was non-life.
    Last edited by jackolover; 04-30-2019 at 02:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jackolover View Post
    So why did Pepper have a child at the funeral? Did reality reset to future where the movie started, not 5 years ago? And did Clint’s family have to do without him for five years and that’s why they were so relieved to see him back?
    Huh? Why not. The girl's father died. She deserves to be there

Clint's family was happy to see him bc he was missing and for all they know, he was dead. Everyone that got snapped back into existence must have been incredibly confused

Reality didn't reset at all. They just restored the people who were snapped away. Everything else in the world is exactly as it was the moment before Bruce put on the gauntlet.

And Clint's family didn't exist for five years. Clint had to do without them, not the other way around. I'm sure they were just relieved because he was coming home after the epic battle to end all battles.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    How did Hawkeye not die when the building was blown up? That made no sense. The rest of the heroes either had armor or some level of invulnerability but Clint is just a regular human with none
    Ant-Man saved them when he went giant-sized. Hawkeye/Ronin, War Machine, Rocket, and Hulk jumped out of his hand.

Doctor Strange could have stuck Thanos in a time loop like Dormammu, why didn’t he do it this time?
    Thanos had the Time Stone later. Before, Thanos broke out of the Mirror Dimension right away which Is what I suspect Strange was going for. I don't think Strange was willing to lock the rest of existence in a loop to stop Thanos. Dormammu was locked in a loop in his dimension, which kept him from attacking ours. Trapping Thanos in a loop would doom their dimension to be stuck that way forever until Thanos or Strange gave up.

I was very disappointed Hulk never got payback on Thanos, to redeem himself after Thanos humiliated him last movie. The amalgam Hulk was not as good as berserker Hulk.
    Hulk's arc has been about letting things go and making peace, which he finally did. Didn't he hit Thanos a bunch and Thanos tossed him aside?

I think I got disoriented when the reality was reverted back and dead characters reappeared suddenly.
    They were teleported in via Strange, not reverted back in.

Nebula’s duplicity was the real shocker here. It put a spanned in the works. That she got killed by her future self was a statement on past Nebula’s role as a secret agent of Thanos, and would have been hard on future Nebula?
    I don't understand your question. :/ Sorry.
    Did Wakanda have these portals before, because there were like twenty of them?
    They were Strange and Wong and other monk's portals.

1). Children at funerals is pretty normal in the states.
    2). Reality never changed, the Vanished just reappeared 5 years later.
    3). Clint's family was dusted and part of the Vanished in the first 5 minutes of the movie ... they're happy to be back and see him.

The Hulk said to not alter anything when they go back in time, but Cap altered so he could live with Margaret Carter till he got old. That should have changed everything.
    Cap Quantumed back from his alternate timeline to say goodbye to Sam and pass the torch. Timelines don't get altered in the MCU, just new branches being made.

I was happy that Sam Wilson was offered the shield and to be Cap, but I got the feeling Steve would have offered it to anyone that greeted him at that moment.
    I don't think so ... but okay.

Disappointed there was no post-movie shorts. We all stayed back and were disappointed nothing was shown.
    Marvel has earned the right to not have one and it was probably for the better. We did get the Iron Man hammer Easter egg at the end, though.

Like others, I cried seven times during the movie.
    It got dusty in my theater in the first 5 minutes and when Morgan was talking to Happy about cheeseburgers.

Thanos’ critique of mankind that he hated them the most, was a comment on how annoying Earth humans are. And you can see why because the super heroes never let go even when they are beaten. Tells you why Earthers are always winning. Also, as Thanos waited for Starks reversal ‘snap’, I got the distinct feeling Thanos was nothing more than a dry piece of dust, even before he turned into dust. The man always was non-life.
    Those pesky humies with a death wish!
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Huh? Why not. The girl's father died. She deserves to be there

Clint's family was happy to see him bc he was missing and for all they know, he was dead. Everyone that got snapped back into existence must have been incredibly confused
    Let me explain it this way. Tony got the gauntlet and snapped his fingers so that Thanos never happened. I thought Tony reset it to five years ago. That’s why I was wondering why Tony’sdaughter was there, and why Clint’s family were surprised, when they shouldn’t have been.

Quote Originally Posted by lilyinblue View Post
    Reality didn't reset at all. They just restored the people who were snapped away. Everything else in the world is exactly as it was the moment before Bruce put on the gauntlet.

And Clint's family didn't exist for five years. Clint had to do without them, not the other way around. I'm sure they were just relieved because he was coming home after the epic battle to end all battles.
    Okay, that sounds better than what I thought. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    Ant-Man saved them when he went giant-sized. Hawkeye/Ronin, War Machine, Rocket, and Hulk jumped out of his hand.
    How? Wasnt Antman in a separate room when the rockets hit? Im confused bc I thouhgt he shrunk as soon as those hit. I dont remember seeing him go Giant in the outside shot of the building

Let me explain it this way. Tony got the gauntlet and snapped his fingers so that Thanos never happened. I thought Tony reset it to five years ago. That’s why I was wondering why Tony’sdaughter was there, and why Clint’s family were surprised, when they shouldn’t have been.
    Oh okay. Nah Tony would never do that as a prerequisite from him even helping was that the past 5 years would not be erased. He didnt want the happy life he was living and his daughter's existence to be for nothing
    Last edited by Havok83; 04-30-2019 at 03:32 PM.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Comic-Reader Lad View Post
    To me, this still isn't a satisfying answer because Steve didn't just go back to the past; he lived there.

So, if he's living with an alternate timeline Peggy Carter, then Steve is not with the "real" one. He might as well as traveled to a Marvel version of Earth-2 and lived with THAT Peggy.

Also, I guess Steve would have had to spend every outdoor moment in disguise as he was fairly well known as a World War II hero. His face was on posters and he was said to have died/disappeared in First Avenger.

I appreciate the Russos trying to explain things, but let's face it, time travel and changing the past (even your presence changes the past even if you just stand there doing nothing) doesn't make any sense, so the movie should not have made it such a plot point to try to explain things.

It wasn't worth the "Back to the Future is wrong???" jokes. Once you get people to dwell on things, they are going to find the faults in the logic.
    She was the real Peggy. It's an alternate time not reality. I doubt Steve had to hide his identity as he could have simply survived his last mission.

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    Thanos had the Time Stone later. Before, Thanos broke out of the Mirror Dimension right away which Is what I suspect Strange was going for. I don't think Strange was willing to lock the rest of existence in a loop to stop Thanos. Dormammu was locked in a loop in his dimension, which kept him from attacking ours. Trapping Thanos in a loop would doom their dimension to be stuck that way forever until Thanos or Strange gave up.

Hulk's arc has been about letting things go and making peace, which he finally did. Didn't he hit Thanos a bunch and Thanos tossed him aside?

They were teleported in via Strange, not reverted back in.

I don't understand your question. :/ Sorry.

They were Strange and Wong and other monk's portals.

1). Children at funerals is pretty normal in the states.
    2). Reality never changed, the Vanished just reappeared 5 years later.
    3). Clint's family was dusted and part of the Vanished in the first 5 minutes of the movie ... they're happy to be back and see him.

Cap Quantumed back from his alternate timeline to say goodbye to Sam and pass the torch. Timelines don't get altered in the MCU, just new branches being made.

I don't think so ... but okay.

Marvel has earned the right to not have one and it was probably for the better. We did get the Iron Man hammer Easter egg at the end, though.

It got dusty in my theater in the first 5 minutes and when Morgan was talking to Happy about cheeseburgers.

Those pesky humies with a death wish!
    Thanks for taking the time BeastieRunner. That helped a lot.

The comment on Nebula was asking how hard it was for future Nebula to kill herself. It might have been very traumatic? Or do you think it was just ruitine to Nebula?

I don’t remember the Iron Man hammer Easter egg at the end. Where did that happen?

Cheers

Pizza employee beat up for spoiling avengers.

https://www.aol.com/article/news/201...game/23719619/

Quote Originally Posted by Gaastra View Post
    Pizza employee beat up for spoiling avengers.

https://www.aol.com/article/news/201...game/23719619/

Oh okay. Nah Tony would never do that as a prerequisite from him even helping was that the past 5 years would not be erased. I didnt want the happy life he was living and his daughter's existence to be for nothing
    I see. I do remember Tony not wanting his last 5 years to be erased. Thanks

Russo Q& A
    A: We can't answer it for now, this is a story that happened in an alternate reality.

Q: Did Captain America's action at the end affect the timeline? Does that mean there was a time where two CA existed in a same universe?

A: To me, CA's action in the end wasn't the fact he wanted to change anything, it's more like me has made a choice. He chose to go back to past and lived with the one he loved for the rest of his life. The time travel in this movie created an alternate reality. He lived a completely different life in that world. We don't know how exactly his life turned out, but I'd like to believe he still helped many others when they were needed in that world. Yes, there were two CA in that reality, it's just like what Hulk said, what happened in the past has already happened. If you go back to past, you simply created a new reality. The characters in this movie created new timeline when they went back to the past, but it had no effect to the prime universe. What happened in the past 22 movies was still canon.
    A lot of mental gymnastics but I have to admit it sticks the Landing but all of it outside of the film itself.
    Last edited by Xheight; 04-30-2019 at 03:40 PM.

I had a lot of criticism on how when Sam Wilson became Cap in the comics, how the writers made Sam have a hard time of it. I am glad Sam got the Cap gig in MCU, but I hope it works out better for him in the movies. I loved how Sam and Bucky Cap in the comics worked together. It would be good if they teamed up in the MCU.