Page 76 of 121 FirstFirst ... 266672737475767778798086 ... LastLast
Results 1,126 to 1,140 of 1811

Quote Originally Posted by Theleviathan View Post
    I think the way they have Brie Larson playing Captain Marvel is problematic. She is some kind of snarky/aloof/smug and it just doesn't quite work. At least not for me. (My wife straight up dislikes the character)
    I'm not a fan of her either. Tony may have been arrogant but he was also funny. I've not seen Brie Larson in anything else, so I don't know if the smugness is just her, or how she's portraying Captain Marvel.
    Pull List: Daredevil, Radiant Black, Rogue Sun, No One, Time Before Time

“We never lose our demons. We only learn to live above them"

Extraordinary Member

I was surprised CM had so little screentime they sold it like she was gonna play a much bigger role.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by David Walton View Post
    Sure. Most moviegoers probably aren't interested in looking up a 'definitive' answer to these kinds of questions anyway. They just enjoy the movie experience, interpret it as they will, and move on. The question of whether Steve Rogers married Peggy in our timeline or one that diverged from ours isn't nearly as important as him marrying Peggy.

All this said, once the question is asked, I give a lot of weight to the screenwriters and directors' intent. If they're in agreement that alternate timelines were created by the Avengers' actions, that's significant.

But as you've said, Disney and the MCU are certainly free to answer the questions in future endeavors as they see fit. Given that the Russos said Bucky knew what Cap was up to and there's something Sam doesn't know, I suspect we'll get some answers in the Falcon/Winter Soldier tv show. I'll just bet the thing Sam doesn't know is that the Red Skull is running around the MCU now that he's under no obligation to the Soul Stone...
    Well, it's not THAT big of stretch that Cap returned to the original timeline so easily... think that the Avengers, once stolen the stones at the beginning, then come back to the future (present time - 2018) of their original MCU timeline without any problem. Right?

So there's officially a way... no matter where you go in time and how many branched realities you create, you can always come back to the original timeline.

Quote Originally Posted by BatKeaton View Post
    Well, it's not THAT big of stretch that Cap returned to the original timeline so easily... think that the Avengers, once stolen the stones at the beginning, then come back to the future (present time - 2018) of their original MCU timeline without any problem. Right?

So there's officially a way... no matter where you go in time and how many branched realities you create, you can always come back to the original timeline.
    The Avengers are wearing the wrist “GPS” that acts as a beacon so the time pad can pull them back, no matter where they are in space and time.

Quote Originally Posted by CliffHanger2 View Post
    I was surprised CM had so little screentime they sold it like she was gonna play a much bigger role.
    I think it was always going to focus on the original 6 members with some of everyone else sprinkled in.

Astonishing Member David Walton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FluffySheep View Post
    I'm not a fan of her either. Tony may have been arrogant but he was also funny. I've not seen Brie Larson in anything else, so I don't know if the smugness is just her, or how she's portraying Captain Marvel.
    Captain Marvel comes across much more likeable in her own film, and Larson has great chemistry with Samuel L. Jackson.

They made such a big deal about only having enough particles for one roundtrip time jump each. Why? All they really needed to do was focus on getting the time stone and then use that to jump to any other time to get the other stones

Speaking of which, how were Tony and Steve able to jump to the 70s given they shouldnt have been able to do another jump based on what was mentioned before they all initially went to the past?

Quote Originally Posted by cc008 View Post
    I think it was always going to focus on the original 6 members with some of everyone else sprinkled in.
    yeah, we thought she'd be included in that everyone else

Quote Originally Posted by David Walton View Post
    Captain Marvel comes across much more likeable in her own film, and Larson has great chemistry with Samuel L. Jackson.
    I didn't like her in her own film either lol. Maybe it's just Brie Larson I don't like. I need to watch something else that she's been in.
    Pull List: Daredevil, Radiant Black, Rogue Sun, No One, Time Before Time

“We never lose our demons. We only learn to live above them"

BANNED

No one is really talking about which scene got the biggest reaction in their theater..between Cap using Mjolnir and all the Avengers saving Cap against the Thanos army.

Quote Originally Posted by MichelleDiMera View Post
    No one is really talking about which scene got the biggest reaction in their theater..between Cap using Mjolnir and all the Avengers saving Cap against the Thanos army.
    I'd go with that scene and then...AVENGERS ASSEMBLE!

i wonder will there be a director's cut.
    The absence of the scene where Carol says "Where's Fury?" and shows up all of a sudden could be included.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    i wonder will there be a director's cut.
    The absence of the scene where Carol says "Where's Fury?" and shows up all of a sudden could be included.
    Unless there’s more to the scene like them talking about Fury and the snap, Carol introducing herself, etc...I don’t think it should

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    They made such a big deal about only having enough particles for one roundtrip time jump each. Why? All they really needed to do was focus on getting the time stone and then use that to jump to any other time to get the other stones

Speaking of which, how were Tony and Steve able to jump to the 70s given they shouldnt have been able to do another jump based on what was mentioned before they all initially went to the past?

That would imply they were able to figure out a way to use the time-stone & control it. Plus since half of the stones weren’t ever on Earth (or barley ever there) it just makes more sense to do 3 separate teams that are specifically focused on acquiring a certain stone in a specific time period opposed to depending on the time stone. And it’s more efficient so there’s that too.

As for why they were able to travel straight to New York instead of returning to 2023 first, my understanding is that they never needed the platform to travel through time. It’s just a beacon to make sure they come back to the right time, place & reality once they were ready to come back.

Quote Originally Posted by CliffHanger2 View Post
    They did the same thing with Black Panhter in Infinity War.

Quote Originally Posted by kmeyers View Post
    I'd go with that scene and then...AVENGERS ASSEMBLE!
    It was more like AVENGERS... assemble
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    And she was sprinkled in.