Page 78 of 121 FirstFirst ... 286874757677787980818288 ... LastLast
Results 1,156 to 1,170 of 1811
    Incredible Member Robotech Master's Avatar

Red Skull only ever said you must lose that which you love. Never anything about it being a specific kind of love or it having to be the one you love the most.

Quote Originally Posted by Robotech Master View Post
    Red Skull only ever said you must lose that which you love. Never anything about it being a specific kind of love or it having to be the one you love the most.
    Yea the rumor going in was That Cap was gonna throw his watch with Peggy picture into the pit. I think Thor throwing Mjolnir in would work. But yea Nat and Clint all they had with them was eachother.

Shoulda sent Hulk and let him pull Betty out his ass and chuck her in. Then pause for a second and Redskull be like naw no dice, try again.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    Yea the rumor going in was That Cap was gonna throw his watch with Peggy picture into the pit. I think Thor throwing Mjolnir in would work. But yea Nat and Clint all they had with them was eachother.

Shoulda sent Hulk and let him pull Betty out his ass and chuck her in. Then pause for a second and Redskull be like naw no dice, try again.
    To be fair, the Skull did say that a soul was demanded for a soul, so i don't think soulless objects would do the trick.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Gaelforce View Post
    I agree wholeheartedly.

I never believed she was going to one-punch Thanos or single-handedly save the day (I did get it right that she would save Tony, tho' )

Marvel seriously downplayed her in promotional material until after her film came out. Then we got posters like this one:

That indicates she would have more than ten minutes or so of screen time out of three hours.

Yeah, we got to see her kick ass, but we didn't get *any* meaningful scenes with her speaking with any of the Avengers. She arrived, she was all 'let's go get him', then they got him and then she vanished until the big fight at the end.

I really wanted to see her interacting with the originals before they were gone, but instead she was just muscle, which I found very disappointing.
    To me, it just indicates that she was one of the un-dusted. I would have hated if CM had had a larger role in the movie. This was a battle for others to fight, the ones who had already lost so much. It makes the story weaker if someone with little to no involvement like her comes in and makes a definitive difference in the war.

I never thought she would have a significant role, and maintain Marvel never hyped that she would. Only a segment of fans did.

Quote Originally Posted by AJBopp View Post
    To be fair, the Skull did say that a soul was demanded for a soul, so i don't think soulless objects would do the trick.
    Yea your right, thenwhole part of something you love is so maniacs like Thanos cant just throw Joe Schmoe down there and be done with it.

Things that stood out the second viewing deal with Steve Rogers going back in time to disperse the Infinity gems.

Firstly, I think once Banner did the return countdown for Steve, that’s when Winter Soldier knew something nobody else does. Either this time Bucky was Caps child, or, Steve had to rescue Bucky from the Russians, and that’s why Bucky had inside information. Depends on if Cap was in the past of the Prime MCU or some other branch reality.

The second thing is, Cap took the hammer with him to the past. What did Cap do with that hammer? Cap could have been the most powerful super hero in that past timeline, and, knowing his knowledge of the future, he could anticipate any occurrences.

Also, did anyone else see Howard the Duck in the final battle scene? I couldn’t, but a friend saw him.
    Last edited by jackolover; 05-02-2019 at 08:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post

It was more like AVENGERS... assemble
    Yeah, that was a little disappointing.

The second thing is, Cap took the hammer with him to the past. What did Cap do with that hammer?
    Probably returned it to Past Thor.

Quote Originally Posted by jackolover View Post
    Things that stood out the second viewing deal with Steve Rogers going back in time to disperse the Infinity gems.

Firstly, I think once Banner did the return countdown for Steve, that’s when Winter Soldier knew something nobody else does. Either this time Bucky was Caps child, or, Steve had to rescue Bucky from the Russians, and that’s why Bucky had inside information. Depends on if Cap was in the past of the Prime MCU or some other branch reality.

The second thing is, Cap took the hammer with him to the past. What did Cap do with that hammer? Cap could have been the most powerful super hero in that past timeline, and, knowing his knowledge of the future, he could anticipate any occurrences.

Also, did anyone else see Howard the Duck in the final battle scene? I couldn’t, but a friend saw him.
    Umm Bucky knew because Cap probaly talked to him before he left. If you notice e everyone said see ya soon except Bucky. Bucky said a proper goodbye. And then whe old cap showed up he sent Sam over so Sam could get his goodbye and the shield. Hes definetly not Caps child and Cap didnt change the main time line he would altered another one and came back from that one to say bye to Sam.

He put the Hammer back for younger Thor

Quote Originally Posted by karatattoo View Post
    Yeah, that was a little disappointing.
    I thought that was perfect.

Quote Originally Posted by Jekyll View Post
    I completely agree. Even when Tony was being difficult in the earlier films he was still charismatic and likable.
    Tell that to Steve Rogers. The first time they meet Tony is being a condescending jerk to him until the end of the movie. We're talking about a pretty narcissistic character, and it takes him a while to change his nature. Tony is given funny dialogue though, so audiences let it slide because they're having fun.
    Last edited by HowitzerJoe; 05-02-2019 at 10:51 PM.

Hmm. I notice that Thor made no mention of gifting Stark with passage to Valhalla after his passing. Curious.

Quote Originally Posted by jackolover View Post

Everything that happened in the past already happened, so nothing changed, except for there being 2 Steves now in the past. He couldn't change the future, because it already happened the way it happened.

Cap returned Mjolnir from when it was taken with the Ether. Thor didn't even know it was ever gone.

Incredible Member Wandering_Wand's Avatar

My thoughts:

There are way too many Endgame threads that I've hesitated posting here because it's turned into a trash can of Endgame threads…

Anyway, back to the movie itself. I liked it. But, not as much as I thought I would and certainly not as much after what I was hearing and reading from just about anyone and everyone who had seen it before I did. I think it was a step down from IW (my personal rating of Infinity War is a solid 9/10, while Endgame is probably 7.5/10).

Yet again, Disney strikes in there not being serious stakes. I'm not asking for everyone to die, but when you pretty much know everyone is going to live because DISNEY… well… it takes me out emotionally. I really thought Cap should have died. I still thought his ending was beautiful, but it would have really left more of an impact with me if he would have sacrificed himself against Thanos. So, Gamora is "back" (shocking), and we only see Black Widow and Tony perish. It was fitting for Iron Man to go out saying what he did, after all he kicked off the MCU so I appreciated that.

Some other problems I had is that the movie was a bit too long and I'm not sure I'll ever fully sit down and re-watch the entire thing, even at home when I buy it on BR. There were too many slow parts that made the movie drag on (the beginning and middle specifically - Ant-Man returning, Cap having his therapy session, which I just thought was boring but get why it was there).

The time travel stuff wasn't that clear and they tried to make it different from the typical time travel plot by throwing "streams" (or reality paths) into the mix, but come on… It was straight up normal time travel to the common eye and movie goer…

Last minor complaint was the in your face Disney scream to all the girls and ladies: "Look ladies! We're pandering to you with this team up shot!"

It would have been much better if it was more organic instead of all the women heroes suddenly surrounding each other after being all over the place and then making butt kicking faces all at once. I'm not against showing girls and women what they can look forward to in the MCU, I'm against how they executed it. And I recently saw the creative team behind Endgame had to ask themselves is it pandering? Well, if you have to ask yourself…

Anyway, good overall, but not great. A fitting ending but slightly overhyped. A big round of applause for what the entire MCU cast and crews accomplished over the last 10 years and 22 films.

Edit: I can't believe I forgot to mention this originally, but Thor won me over as my favorite Avenger in Infinity War and now I cannot stand him and what has been done to his character (a cheese whiz filled goofball). I thought that was a disservice to Thor's character and was sorely disappointed. It's clear he was set up that way to fit in with the Guardians a bit more in vol. 3.
    Last edited by Wandering_Wand; 05-03-2019 at 06:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Wandering_Wand View Post

Edit: I can't believe I forgot to mention this originally, but Thor won me over as my favorite Avenger in Infinity War and now I cannot stand him and what has been done to his character (a cheese whiz filled goofball). I thought that was a disservice to Thor's character and was sorely disappointed. It's clear he was set up that way to fit in with the Guardians a bit more in vol. 3.
    Have you seen Thor 3 Ragnarok? He's been pretty cheesy since then.