Page 8 of 121 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121858108 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    They're banking on the emotions of the audience to carry this and it's working judging from many of the professional and fanboy reviews (including that dipstick Tyrone Magnus)

Not saying that's good or bad, just what reddit is complaining about seems to be being ignored
    Crazy witnessing the overly critical people on Reddit having a meltdown. Especially without seeing the film in visual context. They're a drop in the bucket, and will see the film anyway. This movie is going to make so much fudging money.
    Last edited by HowitzerJoe; 04-24-2019 at 09:32 AM.

Thanos beating the **** out of Iron Man, Thor, and Captain America with no Gauntlet was a surprise. Thor had Stormbreaker, and Mjolnir, and still got toasted. I get that he was really depressed, let himself go physically, and has a confidence issue, but he is also 1500 years old with a lot of battle experiences. Just didn't expect the ownage. Thanos looked more powerful without the glove. He did fight with his armor on, so that was cool. I remember that was a previous nitpick.

BANNED

Apparently it takes all of three minutes to take out Thanos in the first act. I know there's a bigger pay-off later, but that is a rush job.

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PapaShogun View Post
    Thanos beating the **** out of Iron Man, Thor, and Captain America with no Gauntlet was a surprise. Thor had Stormbreaker, and Mjolnir, and still got toasted. I get that he was really depressed, let himself go physically, and has a confidence issue, but he is also 1500 years old with a lot of battle experiences. Just didn't expect the ownage. Thanos looked more powerful without the glove. He did fight with his armor on, so that was cool. I remember that was a previous nitpick.
    Apparently it takes all of three minutes to take out Thanos in the first act. I know there's a bigger pay-off later, but that is a rush job.
    These posts paint 2 very different pictures. Are y’all talking about the same scene or different ones?

Quote Originally Posted by Arsenal View Post
    These posts paint 2 very different pictures. Are y’all talking about the same scene or different ones?
    Two different scenes.

BANNED

I'm referring to the first fight, there's another one much later that's a bit more sweeping and high-stake.

Quote Originally Posted by Keyotheseasons View Post
    If people, including you have a different takeaway that's fantastic. I am happy if people walk away from this and end up liking Captain Marvel even more. But I, personally, do not like Carol Danvers as she has appeared in her origin movie or Endgame. And that is not Brie Larson's fault. She is an incredibly talented actress. but this character is just not my cup of tea.

Thor was unlikable in the movies because of his arrogance. Him learning humility was basically the moral and driving plot point of the entire first movie.
    Yeah I didn't mind Thor. Didn't find him unlikable. Arrogant, but didn't belittle others.

I'm referring to the first fight, there's another one much later that's a bit more sweeping and high-stake.
    That's a tad disappointing, was hoping he'd send the team running back to earth with their tail tucked between their legs after the first round. Still, I'll have to wait until I see it play out on screen before I judge it to much.

That would be funny if they brought the Netflix characters through a sling portal. Or Agents of Shield. Lol.

I also wonder what Hulk is going to do moving forward. I know people will miss the angry brute. Now he's essentially a stronger version of Beast. I think that, with Thor's weight gain will be offputting to some people.
    Last edited by HowitzerJoe; 04-24-2019 at 09:58 AM.

As for trailer misdirection, that scene with Widow target practice shooting was definitely not in the movie.

BANNED

That's a tad disappointing, was hoping he'd send the team running back to earth with their tail tucked between their legs after the first round
    To be fair, there's an in-story reason he's in a much weaker state when they find him

As for trailer misdirection, that scene with Widow target practice shooting was definitely not in the movie.
    How much trailer misdirection was there this time around?

I didn't even notice that some of the shots in the Infinity War trailers weren't in the movie until my second viewing. Except the big ones such as stones being different or the money shot in trailer 1.

How much trailer misdirection was there this time around?

I didn't even notice that some of the shots in the Infinity War trailers weren't in the movie until my second viewing. Except the big ones such as stones being different or the money shot in trailer 1.
    Maybe about the same as last time. There wasn't some grandiose scene that was a bait, and switch. There was Tony looking way more malnourished on the ship in the film than he does in the trailers. Also a background plate with Nebula was changed. Most of the dialogue heard is the same.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Keyotheseasons View Post
    I stand firmly behind my opinion. She was barely in the movie and was only used as a deus ex machina of sorts and was glorified muscle. The few scenes she had were literally nothing but "You have me, so there is nothing to worry about". That is an extremely underwritten, underdeveloped and unlikable character to me. Her confidence came off as arrogance (she suffered from this in her own film, as well) and characters like Rhodey and Natasha didn't exactly give the impression that they liked her attitude either. Natasha even has to tell her that the way they do things around here is as a team.
    There are lot of characters badly handled as such and poorly developed in the MCU movies, as well as some plotholes. Well, nevermind.

So it seems clear at this point that the new streaming shows will be dealing with the aftermath of all this. I'm trying to think of the main points of some of the future projects:

- Hawkeye show: No idea. I guess he won't be retired though? Maybe his daughter takes over?
    My guess is that it is about the two of them in some way. That was what was said about the series in the articles detailing it. So, my guess is his series will be yet another team-up series. That shouldn't be too terribly surprising I guess because the only person that seems to be getting a straight-up stand alone series is Loki.

- WandaVision: Thinking this is the quest to get Vision back
    This was my thought as well. If not that, then we might see yet another flash back series--perhaps set in between Avengers: Infinity War and Avengers: Endgame. That'd certainly give more context for the love that they feel for one another. Of course, I would be a little weirded out that a thirteen-episode long plot wasn't referenced in either film. So, I guess, your idea probably makes more sense.

- Bucky and Falcon: Exonerated soldiers?
    The two of them seem to be the only people left in Captain America's immediate friendship circle that have any real superpowers. It would make sense that there would be a certain attraction there to go on a few missions, especially if it was some of present day Cap's unfinished business.

- Doctor Strange 2: This seems easy. Just dealing with another big bad from his comics history.
    I think Mordo makes the most sense--especially with his concerns about violation of natural law. He should be aware that there was a pretty huge one in order to bring people back.

- Guardians 3: Thor is now around. Probably looking for Gamora. What about Adam Warlock though?
    I sincerely hope they leave Loki and Gamora in the ground. I think you can do a prequel series with Loki without bringing him back (which is my guess as to what happens). And I think you can have a Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3 where they deal with the fact that Gamora isn't coming back. Of course, Marvel took a few big steps in the past movies with actually leaving people dead. So I guess I can let two of six of the deaths slide to allow for some resurrections.

- Black Widow movie: Should be a prequel
    The question I have with this is: how do you go forward with a prequel story for a dead character? They tried it with Han Solo in Solo and it ended poorly for them box office wise. I mean, I'd bet that this film will be much cheaper to make than that and they also have the original actress back to play her (which won't hurt), but it seems like a dubious prospect to me that the general audience will be too interested in seeing a film where there is no real development that we can see going forward from the character.

- Spiderman Far From Home: Trailer already out, but they really need to address the 5 year gap thing. Not just with Peter, but with the planet.
    I think this is the reason why Marvel felt this film was the best one to address the gap. After all, it wouldn't effect T'Challa or Wasp in as large a personal way. Their formative years had already happened. They just enter a world where they have been gone for five years without having aged. Peter Parker has to deal with the fact that (given Spider-Man: Homecoming took place a few months after Captain America: Civil War and at the beginning of his Sophomore year) he didn't start his Senior year before getting dusted out of existence (this event most likely takes place at the tail end of his Junior year, like his introductory film took place at the tail end of his Freshman year). How do you deal with the fact that you are developmentally sixteen years old but, now, twenty-one years old in real time? What kind of ramifications does that have for young people? It is also a strategic decision to have him go out on a school trip to Europe. This allows for Peter to analyze how the rest of the world feels in a post-Endgame environment.

Overall, I think that this is the best film to launch the post-Endgame MCU. It's just a shame that Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3 doesn't follow in the next year anymore. It would've been good to see how the aftermath impacts the universe on the galactic level. The Eternals sounds like it will be yet another prequel film. Then, we will once again return to Earth with Black Panther 2 and Doctor Strange 2. The Black Panther sequel, I'd guess, will take place in the same year as Spider-Man: Far From Home and cover the aftermath of the snap on the international and political level too. It'd be interesting to see how the world's infrastructure meets the crisis of all those killed suddenly returning on that level.

Marvel can take their time in catching up. They have moved the story to 2023 or 2024 (depending on where certain movies end up falling). That will give them four or five years of time to develop the post-Endgame MCU's first year with a series of films that span multiple release years up until then. From there, I expect Phase 4 will end in either 2023 or 2024 and we'll begin moving relatively real time with these characters again.
    With Great Power, Comes Great Responsibility

Power corrupts. Absolute power corrupts absolutely.