Page 81 of 121 FirstFirst ... 317177787980818283848591 ... LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,215 of 1811

Quote Originally Posted by Wandering_Wand View Post
    Eh, yes and no.
    I've seen Rangnarok and actually own it. However, that's not how he was in Infinity War. In IW, he was back to being all business, similar to how he was in the first 15 mins. of Endgame. Then they just suddenly 180'd him in what I think was just a set up for GotG3.

I am serious and it's my opinion.
    It's OK if you don't understand what it means. But, here's my take: It does have stakes, but at the end of the day, you know everyone is going to be fine. When Infinity War ended, I didn't think for one second none of those characters weren't coming back. Ok, fine, I can accept that for that movie. Then we get to the big ending after 22 films and you're telling me that only Tony Stark and Natasha perish after all of the years, events, etc. and fighting Thanos and his entire army? It's a comic film, I get that. But it's one of those things that what would have really done it for me on an emotional scale by seeing Cap perish + maybe one or two others. I would have liked more "consequences," that's all I'm saying.

A piece of advice for you, you shouldn't wear your rose colored glasses all the time.

Edit:

Read my response above. It appears there's simply an impasse with my thoughts and some of yours, which is expected and totally fine.
    It's not hollow and it's not that I have "no investment" in these characters when obviously I do.
    Wow, really? And maybe you shouldn't wear Disney-hate glasses all the time, either.

Two of the founding Avengers are dead, one is crippled, one is an old man now. But there aren't enough consequences? Thor's whole family is dead, Wanda's most loved people are dead. But there aren't enough consequences? Gamora is back, but she's also back to her old personality and has no bonds with the Guardians anymore. Scott Lang missed five years of his daughter's life. But there aren't enough consequences?
    Last edited by SpiderClops; 05-03-2019 at 09:06 AM.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Wandering_Wand View Post
    Eh, yes and no.
    I've seen Rangnarok and actually own it. However, that's not how he was in Infinity War. In IW, he was back to being all business, similar to how he was in the first 15 mins. of Endgame. Then they just suddenly 180'd him in what I think was just a set up for GotG3.

I am serious and it's my opinion.
    It's OK if you don't understand what it means. But, here's my take: It does have stakes, but at the end of the day, you know everyone is going to be fine. When Infinity War ended, I didn't think for one second none of those characters weren't coming back. Ok, fine, I can accept that for that movie. Then we get to the big ending after 22 films and you're telling me that only Tony Stark and Natasha perish after all of the years, events, etc. and fighting Thanos and his entire army? It's a comic film, I get that. But it's one of those things that what would have really done it for me on an emotional scale by seeing Cap perish + maybe one or two others. I would have liked more "consequences," that's all I'm saying.

A piece of advice for you, you shouldn't wear your rose colored glasses all the time.

Edit:

Read my response above. It appears there's simply an impasse with my thoughts and some of yours, which is expected and totally fine.
    It's not hollow and it's not that I have "no investment" in these characters when obviously I do.
    I understand your point.

But the movie had consequences, more than any other mainstream superhero movie (probably outside of Logan).

The Avengers base was destroyed, Black Widow and Iron Man are dead, current Gamora is dead, there's no Captain America in the present (I think Anthony Mackie clarified that Falcon is NOT Captain America), Hulk's a mess and Thor is broken.

Because 3 or more Avengers didn't die (which was never going to happen because this isn't the Expendables, funny enough, the Expendables didn't even have that many team deaths) doesn't lessen the movie's stakes.

Quote Originally Posted by Arsenal View Post
    Or everything played out the exact same way as it did in the OG timeline except Steve marries Peggy instead of the chump she settled for.
    Or Cap was always married to Peggy and they just lied about the other guy to keep Cap hidden and secret so as not to mess up the timeline.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderClops View Post
    Wow, really? And maybe you shouldn't wear Disney-hate glasses all the time, either.

Two of the founding Avengers are dead, one is crippled, one is an old man now. But there aren't enough consequences? Thor's whole family is dead, Wanda's most loved people are dead. But there aren't enough consequences? Gamora is back, but she's also back to her old personality and has no bonds with the Guardians anymore. Scott Lang missed five years of his daughters life. But there aren't enough consequences?
    Wow, our points are basically the same.

But yeah, the stakes thing makes no sense considering just how decimated the Avengers are at the end.

Quote Originally Posted by kmeyers View Post
    Or Cap was always married to Peggy and they just lied about the other guy to keep Cap hidden and secret so as not to mess up the timeline.
    Ok, but where did the shield come from?

Quote Originally Posted by BatKeaton View Post
    Well, if that is the case, the time travel rules of this universe don't make much sense. I mean, removing the stones creates a branched reality? Why? Even the time traveler's presence in the past IS a big change, to begin with.

Also, when Cap went to Peggy, he created a NEW TIMELINE anyway (confirmed by the Russos), without removing any stone. So the movie proves that your presence creates the branched reality in the very first place.
    Everything that happened still happened. The "New timeline" is just that there are now 2 Caps that exist at the same time in this reality.

He had T'Challa make a new one? His old one was pretty destroyed by Thanos.

Incredible Member Robotech Master's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Now this is nitpicky but right after the snap, Hawkeye's family called him on his phone. Um how? They "died" 5 years ago and he wasnt living in that house. How would the phone even have service, especially since the bill hasnt been paid in 5 YEARS?
    For the house part it probably wasn't reoccupied by anyone after Hawkeye started his murder sprees, but yeah the cell phone thing is a funny bit of convenience.

So...clearly the entire Verizon team in their city was dusted as well, so nobody was there to charge them!

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

Steve had 70 years to make it from a box of scraps?

Or maybe Steve just had a new shield made by somebody from Wakanda sometime between the end of Civil War and beginning of Endgame. There's a lot of unaccounted for time where Steve could've potentially had a new shield made and stored somewhere before he ever left.
    Last edited by Arsenal; 05-03-2019 at 09:26 AM.

BANNED

If your criticism of the movie is "I don't like the rules the movie established so I'm going to substitute my own rules, and the movie is bad because it's not consistent with those rules" then there's really no point in even having an opinion.

Steve probably was involved in the creation of Shield in the New Timeline/Reality where he married Peggy he had Howard fix his Shield and had Hank Pym make him a Quantum Tunnel and came back to the main MCU Timeline/Reality as a old man probably after Peggy died to give Sam the Shield.

Quote Originally Posted by Robotech Master View Post
    For the house part it probably wasn't reoccupied by anyone after Hawkeye started his murder sprees, but yeah the cell phone thing is a funny bit of convenience.

So...clearly the entire Verizon team in their city was dusted as well, so nobody was there to charge them!
    but thats the thing, with no one living there, it shouldnt even still have power. At least new tenants would be paying the electric bill. The phone shouldnt even still hold charge...lol

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Robotech Master View Post

Obviously Hawkeyes family was on the family plan, and he just never updated the subscription.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    but thats the thing, with no one living there, it shouldnt even still have power. At least new tenants would be paying the electric bill. The phone shouldnt even still hold charge...lol
    She got dusted with the phone in her pocket. Since everybody's clothing went with them, why can’t cell phones?

Ever heard of a land line? I doubt Clint got rid of his house and that's probably where she called from. He was off the grid to the point only those he told knew about the farm. Why get rid of that kind of "safehouse"? There was probably all kinds of weird Ronin **** all over the place so she called him, after everything went weird, and was trying to figure out what the heck was going on.

You guys are WAY overthinking things.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium