Page 82 of 121 FirstFirst ... 327278798081828384858692 ... LastLast
Results 1,216 to 1,230 of 1811

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    Ever heard of a land line? I doubt Clint got rid of his house and that's probably where she called from. He was off the grid to the point only those he told knew about the farm. Why get rid of that kind of "safehouse"? There was probably all kinds of weird Ronin **** all over the place so she called him, after everything went weird, and was trying to figure out what the heck was going on.

You guys are WAY overthinking things.
    Yea I heard of a land line. That’s what I was commenting on. Clint wasn’t off the grid. He was under house arrest when the snap happened. The farmhouse wasn’t a secret and no longer viable as a safe house bc of that

Quote Originally Posted by JKtheMac View Post
    There is an entire epic movie that happens off-screen, in which Steve puts all the stones back. Potentially a double hander if things go wrong and he needs help from Agent Carter. It will probably live in our imagination as the movie that was never made.
    Am I the only one imagining it being like the post-credits scene from "Deadpool 2" when he has Cable's time-travel gizmo?

The Russo Brothers were recently quoted as saying that Steve Rogers lived his life out in an alternate past before returning to the original timeline to pass the shield and mantle of Captain America on to Sam Wilson. Markus, however, doesn't seem to agree with the "alternate reality" theory as he dubs it.

"That is our theory," he says when asked if there were two Captain Americas in existence for a time. "We are not experts on time travel, but the Ancient One specifically states that when you take an Infinity Stone out of a timeline it creates a new timeline. So Steve going back and just being there would not create a new timeline. So I reject the "Steve is in an alternate reality" theory."

"I do believe that there is simply a period in world history from about '48 to now where there are two Steve Rogers," he continues, further confusing matters. "And anyway, for a large chunk of that one of them is frozen in ice. So it's not like they'd be running into each other."
    OH lawd here we go
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Incredible Member Wandering_Wand's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderClops View Post
    Wow, really? And maybe you shouldn't wear Disney-hate glasses all the time, either.

Two of the founding Avengers are dead, one is crippled, one is an old man now. But there aren't enough consequences? Thor's whole family is dead, Wanda's most loved people are dead. But there aren't enough consequences? Gamora is back, but she's also back to her old personality and has no bonds with the Guardians anymore. Scott Lang missed five years of his daughter's life. But there aren't enough consequences?

I just logged back into say that I physically own at least half of the MCU on BluRay.
    I’ve also owned several Marvel comics as part of my collection.

I paid to see most of the MCU in theaters, including Endgame.

Infinity War is one of my favorite CBMs (easily top 5).

This is why I usually don’t try to have debates or conversations with fanboys. People like you devolve any type of criticism as hate. You can’t even try to be decent in your language and how you converse, not even from the beginning when you first responded to my post. Have a swell day!

Avengers Endgame follows branching timeline time travel where things changed in the past simply create divergences instead of rewrites. The movie is about the Avengers using time travel to create new timelines in order to get what they need to fix theirs. This is done with the note that what they take has to be returned or else the consequences on the new timelines that they just created will be severe. So they put them back, leaving most of the new timelines fine, and one of them is even Thanos-less, aside from accidentally letting a rogue Loki run around in one. At the end of the movie Captain America creates another branch where he lived the life he always wanted before returning to the timeline that he's from that we've always followed.

I do not know why Reddit and news sites are so perplexed by this movie.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    Avengers Endgame follows branching timeline time travel where things changed in the past simply create divergences instead of rewrites. The movie is about the Avengers using time travel to create new timelines in order to get what they need to fix theirs. This is done with the note that what they take has to be returned or else the consequences on the new timelines that they just created will be severe. So they put them back, leaving most of the new timelines fine, and one of them is even Thanos-less, aside from accidentally letting a rogue Loki run around in one. At the end of the movie Captain America creates another branch where he lived the life he always wanted before returning to the timeline that he's from that we've always followed.

I do not know why Reddit and news sites are so perplexed by this movie.
    The new timelines are not restored to a state of being fine, they are erased. Bruce and Steve (as well as Bruce and The Ancient One) are very clear about this throughout the movie. At the end, everything is as it was at the beginning. There are no alternate realities except for Loki's (who made off with the space stone).

Quote Originally Posted by AJBopp View Post
    The new timelines are not restored to a state of being fine, they are erased. Bruce and Steve (as well as Bruce and The Ancient One) are very clear about this throughout the movie. At the end, everything is as it was at the beginning. There are no alternate realities except for Loki's (who made off with the space stone).
    how does that work if steve has to put the stones and 2013 mjolnir back after they've already been stolen and they by default created a branch by erasing 2014 thanos, and how would space stone loki create his own branch by himself if that has nothing to do with time travel
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

BANNED

how does that work if steve has to put the stones and 2013 mjolnir back after they've already been stolen and they by default created a branch by erasing 2014 thanos, and how would space stone loki create his own branch by himself if that has nothing to do with time travel
    That is how it works. Putting the stones back eliminates the alternate timelines. That's what the movie goes to great lengths to point out.

That is how it works. Putting the stones back eliminates the alternate timelines. That's what the movie goes to great lengths to point out.
    The Loki thing is the exception though since Steve returned the Tesseract to 1970 and Loki stole it after that in New York. What happened, happened and can not be undone. So unless Steve tracked Loki down and took the Tesseract from him, there are now 2 of them and Loki created a new branch.

The Ancient One told Bruce that removing ANY of the stones would create an alternate branch. Only by returning them to the moment from when they were taken could prevent this from happening. Loki still has one unless Steve got him and took it from him.

BANNED

Again, Russos proved the opposite with Old Cap and their interview.
    Last edited by Mutant 77; 05-03-2019 at 12:43 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    OH lawd here we go
    Unfortunatley, there's some bad writing into play here. Russos should have been more careful.

ANY CHANGE should be a point of divergence, not just removing the stones. It seems puerile to me.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    Steve probably was involved in the creation of Shield in the New Timeline/Reality where he married Peggy he had Howard fix his Shield and had Hank Pym make him a Quantum Tunnel and came back to the main MCU Timeline/Reality as a old man probably after Peggy died to give Sam the Shield.
    Unfortunately, it's your conjecture. They did not care to articulate this point better in the movie.

Quote Originally Posted by BatKeaton View Post
    Again, Russos proved the opposite with Old Cap and their interview.
    You misunderstand what they said. They said 2 Caps existed at the same time. That's what made it "alternate."

https://nerdist.com/article/avengers...21ZIgj0Kqttdxc
    Last edited by kmeyers; 05-03-2019 at 12:48 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by kmeyers View Post
    You misunderstand what they said. They said 2 Caps existed at the same time. That's what made it "alternate."
    According to their scenario, that would occur in a branched timeline, not the MCU prime timeline.