Page 83 of 121 FirstFirst ... 337379808182838485868793 ... LastLast
Results 1,231 to 1,245 of 1811

Just to get off the time travel debates for a second:
    As much as "Endgame" was an homage to the entire MCU, I really liked how Endgame really tried to make the "Avengers" movies a coherent trilogy on its own, apart from the other MCU movies. Hence the attention they paid to the characters that they did:
    -- Captain America:
    Avengers - A man out of time feeling like he didn't have a place in the world.
    Endgame - Finds his place with the love of his life, finally "lives life" (or whatever it was Old Man Steve said)
    -- Iron Man:
    Avengers - Cap accuses him of being in it for himself, not the guy who lays himself on a wire so the other guy can crawl over him.
    Endgame - well, you know...
    -- Black Widow:
    Avengers - she has red in her ledger and wants to wipe it out. Hawkeye is the key to her redemption as he gives her a second chance.
    Endgame - Hawkeye ultimately serves her story arc for redemption. His arc only exists to mirror her past misdeeds and her sacrifice a way to finally balance her ledger.
    -- The Hulk:
    Avengers - obviously at odds with his other half - can't even say his name. Always angry.
    Endgame - totally at peace with his selves. Angry no more. (he couldn't even pretend when they were back in NYC)

Thor's arc didn't really play itself out in the Avengers movies, I'd say. (if anything, Loki had more of a story in the first film) His story is the least coherent if you just take the Avengers movies.
    Last edited by j9ac9k; 05-03-2019 at 01:08 PM.

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

Of the OG team, Thor’s story is the only one that’s clearly not over either.

Quote Originally Posted by Arsenal View Post
    Of the OG team, Thor’s story is the only one that’s clearly not over either.
    True but I like the way they brought him around. Thor 1 he was over confident and egotistical and had to learn humility. Endgame Thor had no confidence and was full of self loathing. Ragnarok had him embrace being the God of Thunder and Endgame had him embracing being a hero and stop worrying about trying to be the king others want him to be. I liked his arc,if he had left Joe schmoe as king I'd be irritated but he left someone who's who's been leading they're people in New Asgard anyway in Valkyrie. The fat suit was a bit much and he had some emotionaly charged scenes in endgame but people kept laughing anytime they showed his body. Also the 6pack on top of the gut is weird choice. Pretty sure the abs shoulda been under the fat.

oooohh i get it thank you
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    True but I like the way they brought him around. Thor 1 he was over confident and egotistical and had to learn humility. Endgame Thor had no confidence and was full of self loathing. Ragnarok had him embrace being the God of Thunder and Endgame had him embracing being a hero and stop worrying about trying to be the king others want him to be. I liked his arc,if he had left Joe schmoe as king I'd be irritated but he left someone who's who's been leading they're people in New Asgard anyway in Valkyrie. The fat suit was a bit much and he had some emotionaly charged scenes in endgame but people kept laughing anytime they showed his body. Also the 6pack on top of the gut is weird choice. Pretty sure the abs shoulda been under the fat.
    That reminds me- we never saw which asgardians survived after Thanos invaded their ship, and how they made it to earth.

BANNED

Every actor that signed their signature during the end credits will not be back. Thor won’t appear in GOTG3, Scarlett Johansson will not play Black Widow anymore. I believe the BW solo movie will be a different actress with no connection to the mcu.

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

Scarlett Johansson is confirmed to be both producing & staring in the black widow solo movie
    Jermey Renner is ally but confirmed to star in a Hawkeye show inn disney +
    There’s already reports that a Thor 4 starring Chris Hemsworth has already been pitched. Hell, some are even saying he’s already signed a new deal.

The OG team won’t have a significant role in the next upcoming Saga but I don’t think we can say all of them are completely done either.

Quote Originally Posted by luprki View Post
    Every actor that signed their signature during the end credits will not be back. Thor won’t appear in GOTG3, Scarlett Johansson will not play Black Widow anymore. I believe the BW solo movie will be a different actress with no connection to the mcu.
    where the heck are you getting your info?

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by luprki View Post
    Citation needed

BANNED

And now, some deeply serious question:

What the hell happened to IRON KID?
    He was the embodiment and the emblem of US fans who cherish the Avengers and totally fanboy over them.

I'm referring to the little kid wearing the gigantic Iron Man toy helmet who met Tony TWICE in "Iron Man 2".

We can also see him at the very end of "The Avengers", on his father's shoulders, HAPPY as hell, having fun for the victory of the Avengers, always wearing his gigantic Iron Man helmet.

I miss him a lot.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by BatKeaton View Post

He was the embodiment and the emblem of US fans who cherish the Avengers and totally fanboy over them.

I'm referring to the little kid wearing the gigantic Iron Man toy helmet who met Tony TWICE in "Iron Man 2".

We can also see him at the very end of "The Avengers", on his father's shoulders, HAPPY as hell, having fun for the victory of the Avengers, always wearing his gigantic Iron Man helmet.

I miss him a lot.
    i thought that was retconned into being Peter pre-MCU acquisition

Quote Originally Posted by protege View Post
    That reminds me- we never saw which asgardians survived after Thanos invaded their ship, and how they made it to earth.
    that always bugged me. At least a throwaway line or something
    The J-man

I miss him a lot.
    His role was essentially taken over by the kid in Iron Man III (who shows up at Tony's funeral)

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    His role was essentially taken over by the kid in Iron Man III (who shows up at Tony's funeral)
    Yeah. I think so.

Yeah. I think so.
    Iron Kid has been retconned into Peter Parker Holland confirmed it http://collider.com/iron-man-2-spide...er-fan-theory/