Page 84 of 121 FirstFirst ... 347480818283848586878894 ... LastLast
Results 1,246 to 1,260 of 1811

Wrong Thread.
    Last edited by Jokerz79; 05-03-2019 at 03:37 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    Iron Kid has been retconned into Peter Parker Holland confirmed it http://collider.com/iron-man-2-spide...er-fan-theory/
    And that was Peter's father (at the end of "The Avengers")?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    While I like Iron Man 3 more My favorite Iron Man 2 moments

Tony watching his dad.

Tony's entrance at Stark Expose.

Senate scene.

Strawberry scene just thought it was funny.

Donuts.

Black Widow in the original MCU hallway scene.

War Machine and Iron Man fighting together.

Anything with Justin Hammer.

Little Prick scene at the end.
    Great. Post this on the Iron Man 2 thread I opened

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by kmeyers View Post
    The Ancient One told Bruce that removing ANY of the stones would create an alternate branch. Only by returning them to the moment from when they were taken could prevent this from happening. Loki still has one unless Steve got him and took it from him.
    The Loki that escaped with the space gem didn't remove the space gem from the timeline, he simply created an alternate reality in which he had the gem.

And all things considered, it's probably not a bad one. It's unlikely Thanos could run down Loki, who with the gem can teleport anywhere and is smart enough not to get boxed in by Thanos

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    that always bugged me. At least a throwaway line or something
    Well the ship was cut in in half. Its safe the assume everyone In the other half was left alone. I dont know how they got to earth but they are Asgardians they arent nearly as fragile as Humans and Valkaryie was there to lead them. So I'm cool just letting it ride

Quote Originally Posted by PapaShogun View Post
    Someone mentioned on their review for the movie about the new Wanda show called WandaVision, maybe Wanda starts to go nutty and creates/restores a new version of "Vision". Maybe her powers manifest in a certain way. Disney has the Fox/XMEN license now...so they can do whatever.
    I thought in one of those final scenes (as Wanda spoke with Clint), when she said, “They both will”, she meant Pietro. Did she mean Vision?

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jackolover View Post
    I thought in one of those final scenes (as Wanda spoke with Clint), when she said, “They both will”, she meant Pietro. Did she mean Vision?
    Why would she mean Pieto? Vision makes more sense since he died attempting to stop Thanos, much like Nat did.

Quote Originally Posted by jackolover View Post
    She was 100% talking about Vision. She was also talking about him when she flipped out on Thanos. To her she just lost vision that day even though for others they lost Vision 5years ago.(Actualy the funeral was probaly not that day but you know what I mean, its fresh)

Something I havent mentioned I get that this wasn't the Thanos we got to know In Infinty war but he had none of the the depth that present Thanos had. Like as much as I loved him in Infinty war I was like whatever in this movie which is fine because this was about the original 6.

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

The years 2014 to 2018 must’ve been rough for Thanos.

2014 Thanos was ready & willing to personally kill all 3.5 billion of us on Earth because he was annoyed.

2018 Thanos walked around in a T-Shirt & sweats, ready to finally settle down and retire.

Quote Originally Posted by Arsenal View Post
    The years 2014 to 2018 must’ve been rough for Thanos.

2014 Thanos was ready & willing to personally kill all 3.5 billion of us on Earth because he was annoyed.

2018 Thanos walked around in a T-Shirt & sweats, ready to finally settle down and retire.
    Lol yea but seriously he was a more nuanced character. 2014 felt like a legit psychopath. Honestly it just didnt have the time to give to him and he was grumpy. What did he call the Avengers? When someone asks who's the avengers he calls them something derogatory. Unruley something

Quote Originally Posted by kmeyers View Post
    Everything that happened in the past already happened, so nothing changed, except for there being 2 Steves now in the past. He couldn't change the future, because it already happened the way it happened.

Cap returned Mjolnir from when it was taken with the Ether. Thor didn't even know it was ever gone.
    Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    Umm Bucky knew because Cap probaly talked to him before he left. If you notice e everyone said see ya soon except Bucky. Bucky said a proper goodbye. And then whe old cap showed up he sent Sam over so Sam could get his goodbye and the shield. Hes definetly not Caps child and Cap didnt change the main time line he would altered another one and came back from that one to say bye to Sam.

He put the Hammer back for younger Thor
    Thanks guys.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by GrandEleven View Post
    I amend my earlier statement ... the biggest miss to me and one I was genuinely disapointed over:

No mid/post credit scene that was a straight dedication to Stan Lee. What a huge miss. This was the closing of a huge 10 year act. The big finale. They already mentioned it was Stan's last cameo, and it was among his shortest as well. They really should have had a dedication to him. I was really bummed they didn't. Ideal they could have done a mid shoutout to Kirby and a post to Stan ... but really ... I was genuinely bummed that a movie dripping in fans service couldn't contain a thank you.
    I agree with this
    I was expecting a for stan at the beginning or something
    RIP MARVEL HEROES 04.06.2013 - 27.11.2017
    Transformers TCG player

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    Something I havent mentioned I get that this wasn't the Thanos we got to know In Infinty war but he had none of the the depth that present Thanos had. Like as much as I loved him in Infinty war I was like whatever in this movie which is fine because this was about the original 6.
    I took it as 2018 Thanos having been humbled by Ronan's betrayal and his daughters double betrayals coupled with his backstory regarding his planet that he actually took his time to plan, wait and attack at the right time. I mean, 2018 Thanos knew Stark by name and waited until the Avengers were split up, Asgard was destroyed and found out the location of the soul stone. Then when he got each stone, he began shedding his warrior persona and began stepping into the role of the savior of the universe.

However, 2014 Thanos had none of that and when his victory felt assured and inevitable, he got arrogant and bit off more than he can chew. I can't imagine 2018 Thanos chilling out and telling his daughter to get the stones. Nah, he would have been like '**** that, I'll do it myself'.

The CBR Community Guidelines & Rules
    | Report but also PM me directly

Quote Originally Posted by AJBopp View Post
    That is how it works. Putting the stones back eliminates the alternate timelines. That's what the movie goes to great lengths to point out.
    That's not what I got from the Ancient Ones dialogue at all. Putting the stones back don't eliminate the alternate timelines, it simply means that they are no longer defenseless against the likes of Dormammu.

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    Just to get off the time travel debates for a second:
    As much as "Endgame" was an homage to the entire MCU, I really liked how Endgame really tried to make the "Avengers" movies a coherent trilogy on its own, apart from the other MCU movies. Hence the attention they paid to the characters that they did:
    -- Captain America:
    Avengers - A man out of time feeling like he didn't have a place in the world.
    Endgame - Finds his place with the love of his life, finally "lives life" (or whatever it was Old Man Steve said)
    -- Iron Man:
    Avengers - Cap accuses him of being in it for himself, not the guy who lays himself on a wire so the other guy can crawl over him.
    Endgame - well, you know...
    -- Black Widow:
    Avengers - she has red in her ledger and wants to wipe it out. Hawkeye is the key to her redemption as he gives her a second chance.
    Endgame - Hawkeye ultimately serves her story arc for redemption. His arc only exists to mirror her past misdeeds and her sacrifice a way to finally balance her ledger.
    -- The Hulk:
    Avengers - obviously at odds with his other half - can't even say his name. Always angry.
    Endgame - totally at peace with his selves. Angry no more. (he couldn't even pretend when they were back in NYC)

Thor's arc didn't really play itself out in the Avengers movies, I'd say. (if anything, Loki had more of a story in the first film) His story is the least coherent if you just take the Avengers movies.

Also, Hulk goes from the destroyer to the restorer. Showing that deep down Banner's greatest quality is his compassion for others. His guilt and shame over what the Hulk could do stems from that. He was basically a fugitive in IH, in Avengers Stark convinces him that his abilities are there for a reason, in AoU he thinks he can direct his rage for good and its the destruction that he caused that leads him to quit the team, then we see him as a caged fighter and Banner risks losing himself forever to the Hulk to save Asgard, then finally in IW he is faced with an enemy that the Hulk could not over come, until finally in Endgame both sides reconcile creating a being that managed to beat Thanos but in a different way.

In Avengers, it is mentioned that Loki's scepter emits a slight gamma radiation, Stark mentions that the gamma radiation should have killed Banner but he survived for a reason and finally in Endgame, Prof Hulk mentions that the Guantlet emits Gamma Radiation and that 'its like I was made for this'.

Also, by Endgame, people are no longer scared of the Hulk. They are coming up to him for selfies and out of all the Avengers, he has the least emotional baggage out of all of them.

The CBR Community Guidelines & Rules
    | Report but also PM me directly