Page 86 of 121 FirstFirst ... 367682838485868788899096 ... LastLast
Results 1,276 to 1,290 of 1811

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    You are being too strict with them.

Removing the stones isn't the only way to create an alternate timeline. That's why Bruce dismissed killing baby Thanos, and why Tony was able to kill Thanos and his entire army without creating a paradox. So there is now an entire timeline that is Thanos free
    Exactly this. The AO doesn't say taking a stone is the only way to create an alternate timeline. Alternate realities are created whenever a change occurs.Removing the stones simply puts the new realities at risk. AJ is misunderstanding that conversation.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by 80sbaby View Post
    Exactly this. The AO doesn't say taking a stone is the only way to create an alternate timeline. Alternate realities are created whenever a change occurs.Removing the stones simply puts the new realities at risk. AJ is misunderstanding that conversation.
    Bingo! That's it.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by The Shape View Post
    Fun fact: Endgame takes place the same year as Days of Future Past.
    2023 Forever.

BANNED

THE ANCIENT ONE (drawing a golden line in the air with the Infinity Stones represented at one point in the line):

The Infinity Stones create what you experience as the flow of time. Remove one of the stones...

(flicks the time stone out of the line)

...and that flow splits.

(A black line splits off from the golden line curving away into the distance)

SUPPERHERO: this doesn't refer to the creation of the branched reality. It's not the removal of the stones/objects to create the branched reality, but the mere presence of the time traveler in the past, since he is not supposed to "exist" there.
    THE BLACK LINE is the "deflection" of the already-split branched reality, which would become problematic without the stone(s), since the people of THAT branched reality could not solve their issues with "their" Thanos without the stone(s).

That may benefit your reality, but my new one, not so much. In this new branched reality, without the chief weapon against the the forces of darkness, our world will be overrun, millions will suffer. Tell me doctor, can your science prevent all that?

BRUCE BANNER:

No, but we can erase it. Because once we've got the stones, we can return it...

SUPPERHERO: NOT erasing the branched reality. Banner is referring to the "corruption" of the events, the negative "deflection" of the already-split branched reality, where a stone is missing and that stops the timeline to "fix" its coherence issues.

(puts the time stone back into the same place in the golden line, and the black line fades to nothing)

...to it's own timeline. So chronologically, in that reality, it never left.

------------------------

BRUCE BANNER:

You have to return the stones to the exact moment you got them, or you're gonna add to the deflection of the alternate realities.

STEVE ROGERS:

Don worry Bruce. I'll clip all the branches.

SUPPERHERO: Cap is returning back the stuff in order TO SAVE THOSE BRANCHED REALITIES, not making them erased. They cannot be erased. They exist and will exist forever. The mere presence of the time travelers in the past created them in the very first place.

Case closed.

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    As I understand it, there were already an infinite number of possible timelines, which is what Doctor Strange was investigating with the Time Stone in Infinity War. They only managed to defeat Thanos in only one of the millions he saw.

All the Avengers did is create a handful more alternate timelines on top of those already infinite timelines while making sure to put back everything they'd taken in order to not doom them to some horrible disaster without their Infinity Stones, or, in Thor's case, without his hammer.

The 2012 timeline has been altered by Loki escaping with the Space Stone, and Hydra now thinking Cap is working for them, or, at the very least, knowing he's on to them. It's also likely that OG Cap gave this timeline a head's up about Hydra when he came back to return the Time Stone and Mind Stone.

The 2013 timeline has been slightly altered by Natalie Portman being mysteriously zapped by talking rabbit, and Thor momentarily not being able to summon his hammer, but otherwise remains the same.

The 2014 timeline has been radically altered by the sudden disappearance of Thanos and his army, (and Cap no doubt dropkicking Red Skull over that cliff when he returned the Soul Stone)

The 1970 timeline has been altered ever so slightly by Tony's fatherly advice to his dad.

And, finally, the 1945 timeline has been radically altered by Steve being reunited with Peggy, saving himself from the ice, rescuing Bucky, so they can all team up to wipe out Hydra before they can infiltrate SHIELD and live happily ever after.
    Thats kinda f--ked up when you think of it. So every single one of these new realities created are doomed to fall at the hands of Thanos? Those heroes dont even know their efforts are futile

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Thats kinda f--ked up when you think of it. So every single one of these new realities created are doomed to fall at the hands of Thanos? Those heroes dont even know their efforts are futile
    Yet it's still nowhere near as awful as the mockery they made of Hulk.

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Calighoula View Post
    No, I’m pretty sure being responsible for the destruction of an entire planet + half the universe’s population is a bit more awful than what was done to the MCU Hulk

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    There's nothing to indicate that the realities in question won't fix it the same way 'our' Avengers did. By interfering as little as possible, they ensure that they have that hope.

The exceptions are the reality in which Thanos 2 came from and the one where Loki skipped town. And the resulting outcome for both will probably be a net positive. A space stone Loki is a slippery thing

Well alternate 2014 doesn't need to worry about Thanos.

The way I see it, since "our" Cap was busy planting daisies with Peggy, the other Cap was out and about. They should dangle a bunch of bills in front of Evans so we can get a proper third solo Cap film.

Quote Originally Posted by Calighoula View Post
    What "mockery" are you referring to? Do you just not like the iteration of the Hulk they presented? He reminded me of "Totally Awesome Hulk" when he was taking selfies. Also, we've seen so many iterations of the Hulk in the comics - from mindless savage, to gentle giant, to smart and strong, the grey and amoral, to downright evil, etc. It's one thing to not like the MCU version, but it's no "mockery" - it's right in line with how the Hulk has been handled in the comics, from what I've seen.

The Fastest Post Alive! Buried Alien's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    What "mockery" are you referring to? Do you just not like the iteration of the Hulk they presented? He reminded me of "Totally Awesome Hulk" when he was taking selfies. Also, we've seen so many iterations of the Hulk in the comics - from mindless savage, to gentle giant, to smart and strong, the grey and amoral, to downright evil, etc. It's one thing to not like the MCU version, but it's no "mockery" - it's right in line with how the Hulk has been handled in the comics, from what I've seen.
    I also find him the most charming and likable version of the Hulk we've seen yet on film. Casual audiences haven't seen THIS Hulk, and I guess they probably like him.

Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    Buried Alien - THE FASTEST POST ALIVE!

First CBR Appearance (Historical): November, 1996

First CBR Appearance (Modern): April, 2014

Was anybody else expecting Loki to show back up at the end?

Boing Boing Baggies. Baggie_Saiyan's Avatar

Watched the film again, first two acts perfect. If the film ended once Hulk snapped his fingers would be a 10/10 film for me.

I am over this whole epic superheroe showdowns and the only characters I cared about where alive and got most the screentime of the film so can't complain too much.

Also preferred Thanos in IW.

Much much better film than IW overall more focused and less pacing issues and less characters to stuff in.
    "Yes...Mondo Cool"- Vegeta.

Just got back from watching it again. Weirdly enough the end made me cry more this time.
    So earth was home to 3 huge gamma radiation bursts. I'm guessing that when Mutants start booming this is gonna be the cause. Still hope mutants have been around but not in big numbers. Wanda and Pietro could easily of had a dormant X gene that the Mind stone unlocked. Also hope Hulk being ground zero for one of those snaps makes him stronger.

Also these movies made me realize I apparently snap weird. I use my Middle and pointed finger against my thumb not just my middle finger.