Page 88 of 121 FirstFirst ... 387884858687888990919298 ... LastLast
Results 1,306 to 1,320 of 1811

Quote Originally Posted by cc008 View Post
    I hope so. He's just coming into his own with Thor.
    Agreed. It felt he was bored with the role by Age of Ultron, but Thor: Ragnarok gave him a new enjoyment to playing Thor. Probably because he was finally allowed to let his humor shine through. I just wonder, given how much he hated the wig, if he'll get his hair cut again.

Another question for the room- at the end of the credits, they thanked the estate of Elvis Presley. Was there any Elvis in this movie at all?

Boing Boing Baggies. Baggie_Saiyan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Arsenal View Post
    I teared up twice (that I remember)
    - Scott reuniting with Cassie the first time
    - Tony’s last “I love you 3000” I was fine until than but that **** pushed me over the edge.
    I know Scott got his two solo films but tbh I couldn't even remember his daughter's name. So that did nothing for me. In fact anything with Ant-man got zero response from the audience.

That Tony line was the closet I came to tearing up but that was it, emotionally the film didn't resonate with me all that much.

Tony and Cap were easily the best parts of this film anything with them was fantastic and drove home how bad it is gonna be imo without them. Apart from Spidey Thor and Hulk none of the characters left do anything for me.
    "Yes...Mondo Cool"- Vegeta.

Jersey City - or you can call it The TWiLighT Zone

You know I was thinking ... Endgame actually opened up the Multiverse and if they wanted ..In theory they can start What if?? movie version..
    Last edited by 5Eyes; 05-05-2019 at 12:41 PM.

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Baggie_Saiyan View Post
    I know Scott got his two solo films but tbh I couldn't even remember his daughter's name. So that did nothing for me. In fact anything with Ant-man got zero response from the audience.

That Tony line was the closet I came to tearing up but that was it, emotionally the film didn't resonate with me all that much.

Tony and Cap were easily the best parts of this film anything with them was fantastic and drove home how bad it is gonna be imo without them. Apart from Spidey Thor and Hulk none of the characters left do anything for me.
    I honestly can’t even explain why Scott & Cassie reuniting left me teared up. It just did.

I honestly can’t even explain why Scott & Cassie reuniting left me teared up. It just did.
    Paul Rudd did a masterful job during that scene

Scott's relationship with his daughter has been one of the most endearing aspects of his character. I loved the reunion scene as well. Especially how well you can see her reaction to him just suddenly appearing on her door step one day.

If I had any criticisms of this flick is that I think they could have done a better job of explaining their concept of time travel. I knew going in that there were going for the branched timelines concept and they do but they don't explain it properly. Instead of having the Hulk say all that mumbo jumbo, they could have had him say 'going back to the past doesn't change the future, it only creates a new branched timeline that will be affected by our interference'.

Also, I thought Strange viewing future timelines were more like him viewing simulations of how things would go and he just had to make sure everything lined up exactly right to ensure their final victory.

Oh and, has no one mentioned that the fate of the universe depended ON A MOUSE hitting the right button to release Scott from the Quantum Realm?

The CBR Community Guidelines & Rules
    | Report but also PM me directly

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    Scott's relationship with his daughter has been one of the most endearing aspects of his character. I loved the reunion scene as well. Especially how well you can see her reaction to him just suddenly appearing on her door step one day.

If I had any criticisms of this flick is that I think they could have done a better job of explaining their concept of time travel. I knew going in that there were going for the branched timelines concept and they do but they don't explain it properly. Instead of having the Hulk say all that mumbo jumbo, they could have had him say 'going back to the past doesn't change the future, it only creates a new branched timeline that will be affected by our interference'.

Also, I thought Strange viewing future timelines were more like him viewing simulations of how things would go and he just had to make sure everything lined up exactly right to ensure their final victory.

Oh and, has no one mentioned that the fate of the universe depended ON A MOUSE hitting the right button to release Scott from the Quantum Realm?
    Mickey not only brought the FF & X-Men home, but he brought Scott home too.

Quote Originally Posted by Baggie_Saiyan View Post

That's not universal Antman seemed to get some of the biggest laughs and a cheer when he one shouted the leviathan in my first screening when I saw it the 2nd time no one cheered for anything but still alot laughs for Antman but yea only heard people crying and sniffling at Tony's funeral. Antmans reunion was too short to make me cry but the idea of losing years with my kid made me cry like a baby in Intersteller

Imo Paul Rudd is the biggest scene stealer in the MCU. On top of the fact that man ages even less then RDJ.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    You are being too strict with them.
    Quote Originally Posted by 80sbaby View Post
    Exactly this. The AO doesn't say taking a stone is the only way to create an alternate timeline. Alternate realities are created whenever a change occurs.Removing the stones simply puts the new realities at risk. AJ is misunderstanding that conversation.
    Not taking the rules too strict. I'm taking them at face value and not reading more into them.

Quote Originally Posted by BatKeaton View Post
    Case closed.
    Exactly right. Assuming the case is to directly contradict everything the movie tells us.
    Last edited by AJBopp; 05-05-2019 at 04:03 PM.

Extraordinary Member

Okay, I'm just gonna say it.

I felt a little satisfied when Thanos infinity punched Carol through a mountain.
    If ten years of recording The Young and the Restless for my mother have taught me anything, it's that characters in serial dramas are always happily in love...until they're not

“The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. Instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views...which can be very uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering.” - the 4th Doctor

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    I'd say the closest. Thor and Tony are very close work friends, Sam was his road dog. Bucky is obviously special but he cant be cap right now and has only helped in end of the world scenarios. Hes shown no interest in being AN avenger or superhero.... yet.

Saw reports that Hemsworth might have signed a new multi film deal with Marvel already.

Also still dont know if it was a Namor Easter egg but Okoye did say it was under Africa and Iron Man 2 put Atlantis off the west coast of Africa. So maybe
    I really hope Asgardians of the Galaxy ends up being a thing.

Loki having the tesseract in one of the alternate timelines opens up all sorts of possiblities.

Of every character in the MCU right now, I would say Thor is the most "fun". Scott Lang as a close second, but Hemsworth's comic delivery is just spot on.
    If ten years of recording The Young and the Restless for my mother have taught me anything, it's that characters in serial dramas are always happily in love...until they're not

“The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. Instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views...which can be very uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering.” - the 4th Doctor

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by brettc1 View Post
    I really hope Asgardians of the Galaxy ends up being a thing.

Loki having the tesseract in one of the alternate timelines opens up all sorts of possiblities.

Of every character in the MCU right now, I would say Thor is the most "fun". Scott Lang as a close second, but Hemsworth's comic delivery is just spot on.
    I hope that whatever happens, comic book movies continue to be a thing and grow ever more popular. But this cross between Jerry Lewis and Hagrid Thor is something I never want to experience again, personally. It was the worst part of Infinity War and Endgame, and even if the tone is a better fit for Guardians of the Galaxy, it's just too painful of a take on this character for me to get any enjoyment out of a future Guardians film.

Niffleheim

Mickey not only brought the FF & X-Men home, but he brought Scott home too.
    It was a rat that saved the Avengers and if we're going to name him then we might as well go with Remy

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by AJBopp View Post
    I hope that whatever happens, comic book movies continue to be a thing and grow ever more popular. But this cross between Jerry Lewis and Hagrid Thor is something I never want to experience again, personally. It was the worst part of Infinity War and Endgame, and even if the tone is a better fit for Guardians of the Galaxy, it's just too painful of a take on this character for me to get any enjoyment out of a future Guardians film.
    I honestly don't think I'd have a problem with the current direction of Thor if:

1. The movies were farces from the start, rather than Shakespearean tragedies, or
    2. They had recast/rebooted Thor rather than try to shoehorn in this new tone, and
    3. Not used the destruction of Asgard as the story to initiate a farce.

Niffleheim

Quote Originally Posted by brettc1 View Post
    Okay, I'm just gonna say it.

I felt a little satisfied when Thanos infinity punched Carol through a mountain.
    He already had the power stone in the gauntlet why did he need to removed it to wield it against her?