Page 89 of 121 FirstFirst ... 397985868788899091929399 ... LastLast
Results 1,321 to 1,335 of 1811
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Ralmist View Post
    He already had the power stone in the gauntlet why did he need to removed it to wield it against her?
    To avoid having to close his fist to use it.

I guess....?

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

He already had the power stone in the gauntlet why did he need to removed it to wield it against her?
    I’m almost positive Carol was doing something to prevent him from closing his Fist during that entire exchange.

Ultimate Member

Because, as it was established, you need to move your fingers to actually use the gems. So he had the gem, but so long as Carol held his hand open, he couldn't use them.

So, why is Carol like the most powerful, having gotten her powers directly from a stone, while Vision just got walked over in IW, but a stone was directly a part of him?

Random thought, but that seems weird.
    Be kind to me, or treat me mean
    I'll make the most of it, I'm an extraordinary machine

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Allen View Post
    So, why is Carol like the most powerful, having gotten her powers directly from a stone, while Vision just got walked over in IW, but a stone was directly a part of him?

Because they were prepared for Vision. He never recovered from their first attack, whereas Thanos' forces weren't prepared for Carol. Thanos stole Vision's stone when he had all the other gems, while Carol was able to keep rookie Thanos from using the gauntlet

Quote Originally Posted by Arsenal View Post
    I’m almost positive Carol was doing something to prevent him from closing his Fist during that entire exchange.
    She was about to snap his fingers off

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

I don’t know if Steve would save himself from the ice or Bucky. Steve knows the future will still need a Captain America & the only person capable of truly saving Bucky hasn’t even been born yet. I don’t think SHIELD has the tech needed to ever really rescue Bucky.
    If Steve saves Bucky before the brainwashing, then that's not really a problem anymore. All he'd have to do is get him a robot arm. However, if we're assuming that Cap only went back to '45 and no earlier, Steve would absolutely rescue Bucky from Russia/Hydra before he starts killing for them. Even if that means keeping Bucky in suspended animation until Wakanda has the technology capable of healing him.

As for keeping Steve on ice until he's ready to retire, that makes sense because he knows that Cap can always travel back to the past to be with his own Peggy when he's finished.

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    Because they were prepared for Vision. He never recovered from their first attack, whereas Thanos' forces weren't prepared for Carol. Thanos stole Vision's stone when he had all the other gems, while Carol was able to keep rookie Thanos from using the gauntlet
    Also Vision seems to be a pacifist at heart. While Carol has no issues letting loose. And yea Vision was sneak attacked and never could heal from it. Also different stones probaly makes a difference. Wanda got her power from the same stone as Vision and is insanely powerful in different ways though.
    Last edited by Midvillian1322; 05-05-2019 at 06:19 PM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by AJBopp View Post
    To avoid having to close his fist to use it.

I guess....?
    Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    Because, as it was established, you need to move your fingers to actually use the gems. So he had the gem, but so long as Carol held his hand open, he couldn't use them.
    All of these are true.

In Endgame, Strange uses the Cloak of Levitation to prevent him closing his hand so that he cannot use the stones against them. Again in Endgame, Cap holds his hand open so that Thanos has to punch him with the hand in order to take him out.

I would say this is a function not of the stones [Strange easily uses the Time Stone without holding it] but of the Gauntlet. And it makes sense - the stones have the power to make literally ANYTHING a reality. The closed fist is a fail safe to stop the user having a "Krell mind booste" event, where all their random thoughts are spilling out and making the stones do all kinds of crazy.

And of course, when you snap your fingers, what happens? You end up making a fist

Anyway, once Thanos took the stone out he was able to use it as independent of the Gauntlet's fail safe.

That's my explanation anyway.
    If ten years of recording The Young and the Restless for my mother have taught me anything, it's that characters in serial dramas are always happily in love...until they're not

“The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. Instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views...which can be very uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering.” - the 4th Doctor

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by cc008 View Post
    She was about to snap his fingers off
    She made the same mistake Thor did. All she had to do was photon blast his head off or melt the damn glove right off his hand and it's game over, but she stood there taking a few headbutts instead. Gave Thanos a chance to one punch her because, like Thor, she got cocky.

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Allen View Post

I agree that is odd. Especially since Wanda also got her powers from the Mind Stone and she is AWESOME against Thanos.

The only real explanation is that Vision was badly injured when Thanos turned up, and also he was facing a Thanos that had five gems already.

For me a better question is why can Thor one-shot Thanos when the Titan has all six gems and Thor has Stormbreaker, but in Endgame Thor is barely holding his own against a gemless Thanos and Thor has the axe AND his hammer!

I mean, come on.
    Last edited by brettc1; 05-05-2019 at 11:44 PM.
    If ten years of recording The Young and the Restless for my mother have taught me anything, it's that characters in serial dramas are always happily in love...until they're not

“The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. Instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views...which can be very uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering.” - the 4th Doctor

Quote Originally Posted by brettc1 View Post
    She made the same mistake Thor did. All she had to do was photon blast his head off or melt the damn glove right off his hand and it's game over, but she stood there taking a few headbutts instead. Gave Thanos a chance to one punch her because, like Thor, she got cocky.
    What if the Blast hurt him and didnt kill him? All he had to do was snap and it was game over for everyone. Makes way more sense to try to secure his hand first. And he was still strong enough she couldnt simply just RIP his arm off. He was still strong enough to put up some resistance.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    What if the Blast hurt him and didnt kill him? All he had to do was snap and it was game over for everyone. Makes way more sense to try to secure his hand first. And he was still strong enough she couldnt simply just RIP his arm off. He was still strong enough to put up some resistance.
    She just blew up a whole frikin battle cruiser. LOL. Thor cut his arm off with one swing earlier in the movie, so either she made a mistake not blowing his arm off at the shoulder while he was busy head butting her, or she's not as powerful as people think.

Looks like there's backlash about black widows fate! (don't forget it was hawkeye and they changed it to widow last second) They are saying she was "fridged" to make hawkeye look good. Directors defend the change choice.

https://www.indiewire.com/2019/05/ru...me-1202131142/

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gaastra View Post
    Looks like there's backlash about black widows fate! (don't forget it was hawkeye and they changed it to widow last second) They are saying she was "fridged" to make hawkeye look good. Directors defend the change choice.

https://www.indiewire.com/2019/05/ru...me-1202131142/
    took long enough for the peanut gallery to say something

You knew it was coming.

Also I missed this one.

https://screenrant.com/avengers-endg...ck-mcu-future/