Page 90 of 121 FirstFirst ... 4080868788899091929394100 ... LastLast
Results 1,336 to 1,350 of 1811
    Astonishing Member David Walton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AJBopp View Post
    I honestly don't think I'd have a problem with the current direction of Thor if:

1. The movies were farces from the start, rather than Shakespearean tragedies, or
    2. They had recast/rebooted Thor rather than try to shoehorn in this new tone, and
    3. Not used the destruction of Asgard as the story to initiate a farce.
    Thor's story arc isn't a farce, not by a longshot. He's probably got the most tragic Shakesperean arc of all the Avengers. He's lost his mother, father, brother, home and his sense of purpose. Not to mention he feels personally responsible for half the universe dying. You need the superficially farcical moments so it's not oppressively dark, but it's clear that in spite of the jokes Thor is utterly lost until his conversation with his mother.

Quote Originally Posted by brettc1 View Post
    She just blew up a whole frikin battle cruiser. LOL. Thor cut his arm off with one swing earlier in the movie, so either she made a mistake not blowing his arm off at the shoulder while he was busy head butting her, or she's not as powerful as people think.
    Thor cut off Thanos' arm and head after Thanos was half dead from destroying the stones. The Thanos Carol fought was full power.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by kmeyers View Post
    Thor cut off Thanos' arm and head after Thanos was half dead from destroying the stones. The Thanos Carol fought was full power.
    And yet he still couldn't make a dent in her without using the power stone to infinity punch her.

And Thor cut through his chest when he was at full power. And that was after Stormbreaker had to cut through a six-gem infinity blast. So no, he's not indestructible.

She had her chance. She should have gone for the head.
    If ten years of recording The Young and the Restless for my mother have taught me anything, it's that characters in serial dramas are always happily in love...until they're not

“The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. Instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views...which can be very uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering.” - the 4th Doctor

Saw the movie yesterday and thought it was excellent. I haven’t tried to make much sense of the time travel part but I’m also ok with Superman reversing the world or whatever. I just can’t go that deep with these things. My head hurts even trying. Lol!! The story was good, great action, and a nice conclusion. Ready for a nice break. I’ve seen comic book movies this year. That was awesome the year “Dark Knight”, “Hulk”, & “Iron Man “ cane out but now it feels like sugar overload. My eyes need a break from all the explosions. I’d give “Endgame” a 9 out of 10 though. No real complaints although I wasn’t crazy about Thor.

I haven’t bought a comic in nearly 20 yrs so I’ve missed where Cap was replaced by Falcon. I’m not crazy about seeing every character eventually replaced in the films. I get that film is much different than a never ending comic book so I understand why many would prefer that to an eventual reboot. New characters will test my interest level.

Extraordinary Member Divine Spark's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Shape View Post
    Great movie!

But as I walking out the theater and it crossed my mind that since the stones are destroyed shouldn’t the universe be fucked sooner or later based on what the Ancient One said?
    I think they might be setting up a future plot line.
    Called it!

Called it!
    This looks like a job for the M'Kraan Crystal!

*Cue Phoenix and the X-Men*

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Dormammu has come to bargain.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Dormammu has come to bargain.
    He's not allowed to go anywhere. He's been grounded and sent to his room without dinner.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaastra View Post
    Looks like there's backlash about black widows fate! (don't forget it was hawkeye and they changed it to widow last second) They are saying she was "fridged" to make hawkeye look good. Directors defend the change choice.

https://www.indiewire.com/2019/05/ru...me-1202131142/
    Quote Originally Posted by Ronin705 View Post
    took long enough for the peanut gallery to say something
    A lot of the women in production got mad at the writers and Russos and told them, "Do not take this away from her!"
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Captain Britain and the Black Knight was rumored last year with Guy Ritchie BEGGING to direct it.

There was even a rumor that if Aladdin does well, they would give him any MCU project he wanted.

And Coogler has shown no compunction when saying he wants Namor for Black Panther 2. He wants a King vs. King story.
    Last edited by BeastieRunner; 05-06-2019 at 10:49 AM.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Astonishing Member

One of my favorites references from the movie was the possible Namor reference,as a comic book reader i would say that this is the first reference of Namor in the MCU.

Astonishing Member Godzilla2099's Avatar

Was the Iron Spider-Man costume destroyed at the end of the movie?

I really liked that suit.

Astonishing Member David Walton's Avatar

The first time I watched Endgame, I was too caught up in wondering who was going to die to fully appreciate the Volmir scene. On a second viewing...oh man, I was an emotional wreck. Johanson and Renner sold that moment beautifully. It's just heart wrenching.

I think Hulk's attempt to bring Natasha back with the gauntlet certainly leaves some options open. Her death could be final, or she could return but maybe more involved in the spy side of things as opposed to the superhero community. If Hulk did bring her back, she might see that as an opportunity to operate as a ghost.

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Godzilla2099 View Post
    Was the Iron Spider-Man costume destroyed at the end of the movie?

I really liked that suit.
    No, Peter still has the Iron Spider suit.