Page 98 of 121 FirstFirst ... 4888949596979899100101102108 ... LastLast
Results 1,456 to 1,470 of 1811

Quote Originally Posted by AJBopp View Post
    Yeah I was making a joke. Cause people here get mad for some reason when you point out that he ended up inn this timeline because he never left it. He didn't return the time stone till after he lived his life with Peggy. That puts him in the current timeline
    Lol my bad. Completely missed the joke.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    Funny enough, I completely forgot about that for some reason (i.e the two Captain Americas fighting).
    That IS America's ass

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by 80sbaby View Post
    Lol my bad. Completely missed the joke.
    It was a lousy joke. It was my bad.

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JKtheMac View Post
    For the umpteenth time, these are not the only two options. You might not like that time might not be governed by clear cut scientific rules, but the movie clearly hints that this is another option. That time is mystical in nature and governed by the Infinity Stones. This is a poetic interpretation. One that is happy to have vague and elastic rules.
    Like I’ve said before, I don’t care “how” Old Man Steve got to the bench or what it means (branch, no branch, other, etc.). If one day they give an explanation on screen, great! But if not, I’m okay with that too.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by brettc1 View Post
    I would say the platform is acting as an anchor point. That was the intention of the device in the back of the van from Ant-Man and the Wasp, was it not? To be a way to travel in and out of the quantum realm without getting lost in it as Janet Van Dyne did. Anyone can enter the quantum realm simply by getting small enough, but you need a sure way to get back to where you started.

A better question might be why all the effort to get the second gauntlet to the van. Much easier to just shrink it down to microscopic level. Certainly the gems are not immune to size manipulation, because they have to skrink them in order to travel back to the present with them.
    Eh still doesn't answer how he did it then without the anchor. That's how they're shown getting back and how Hulk plans to bring him back. But yeah Wasp could've made off easy with the gauntlet. They shoulda added this song to the soundtrack lol.
    Last edited by CliffHanger2; 05-08-2019 at 07:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by brettc1 View Post
    I would say the platform is acting as an anchor point. That was the intention of the device in the back of the van from Ant-Man and the Wasp, was it not? To be a way to travel in and out of the quantum realm without getting lost in it as Janet Van Dyne did. Anyone can enter the quantum realm simply by getting small enough, but you need a sure way to get back to where you started.

A better question might be why all the effort to get the second gauntlet to the van. Much easier to just shrink it down to microscopic level. Certainly the gems are not immune to size manipulation, because they have to skrink them in order to travel back to the present with them.
    Oh that’s easy: No pockets. There was a lot going on & it being so tiny would make it easy to unknowingly lose it.

Astonishing Member David Walton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Arsenal View Post
    Like I’ve said before, I don’t care “how” Old Man Steve got to the bench or what it means (branch, no branch, other, etc.). If one day they give an explanation on screen, great! But if not, I’m okay with that too.
    It's fun to think about how it happened, but ultimately, the important thing is that it did, and how that makes audiences feel.

And me, personally, I felt great about the way Cap's arc ended.

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    Funny enough, I completely forgot about that for some reason (i.e the two Captain Americas fighting).
    Two? But Cap said, very specifically, that one of them was Loki. Who to believe? Steve or Steven?
    I've seen things you posters wouldn't believe. Ad-spammers aflame off the shoulder of
    rec.arts.sf.written. I watched cancel posts glitter in the ether near the usenet gateway.
    All those moments will be lost in time... like beer in the rain. Time to unsubscribe.

Quote Originally Posted by David Walton View Post
    It's fun to think about how it happened, but ultimately, the important thing is that it did, and how that makes audiences feel.

And me, personally, I felt great about the way Cap's arc ended.
    Agreed! Cap deserved a happy ending.

I am not sure we are supposed to worry about it at the moment. I worried about it on the way to the pub for five seconds then thought, oh its not science its mystical and started thinking about what beer to try.

BANNED

Oh that’s easy: No pockets. There was a lot going on & it being so tiny would make it easy to unknowingly lose it.
    Lame excuse. maybe there were no pockets but there were certainly pouches !

Quote Originally Posted by Elmo View Post
    Lame excuse. maybe there were no pockets but there were certainly pouches !
    There may have been some pouches but not enough to make it worth the risk. Being the person that lost the IG because their pouch broke isn’t something you can ever live down.

Astonishing Member David Walton's Avatar

There may have been some pouches but not enough to make it worth the risk. Being the person that lost the IG because their pouch broke isn’t something you can ever live down.
    "You should have gone for the thread!"

Sorry, couldn't resist.

Quote Originally Posted by AJBopp View Post
    That IS America's ass
    Y'know what I love most about that joke? Only the men comment on his ass.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyke View Post
    Y'know what I love most about that joke? Only the men comment on his ass.
    Lol WHEN Antman said it the first time might of been the biggest laugh in the movie. As a straight man I can still say Paul Rudd is the most adorable humanbein ever made.
    Last edited by Midvillian1322; 05-09-2019 at 12:13 AM.