Astonishing Member

Default All of the Marvel characters but in different countries

So, I was thinking about how 90% of the major superheroes and villains are based out in New York, and I always thought that that was kinda ridiculous. The writers did that so that it would make crossovers easier, but I think most people’s complaints with post-Avengers MCU sum up the problems I have with it.

Because of that, I started thinking, “What if the heroes were all in different cities like the DCU?” Then I thought, why do they even need to be in the same country? It would also help diversify the ethnicities and backgrounds of a lot of the characters.

Where would you put the characters? I personally organized them by main character.

Captain America: He stays in the US for obvious reasons, but this time he’s stationed in Washington, DC.

Iron Man: Germany

Hulk: Ukraine

Thor: Scandinavia, but I haven’t decided which country. It always bothered me how foreign god superheroes like Wonder Woman only ever seemed to operate out of the US.

Fantastic Four: China

X-Men: United Kingdom

Spider-Man: Either Ghana because of Anansi or Japan because I love the Japanese Spider-Man series(all of them)

Quote Originally Posted by PCN24454 View Post
    So, I was thinking about how 90% of the major superheroes and villains are based out in New York, and I always thought that that was kinda ridiculous. The writers did that so that it would make crossovers easier, but I think most people’s complaints with post-Avengers MCU sum up the problems I have with it.

Because of that, I started thinking, “What if the heroes were all in different cities like the DCU?” Then I thought, why do they even need to be in the same country? It would also help diversify the ethnicities and backgrounds of a lot of the characters.

Where would you put the characters? I personally organized them by main character.

Iron Man: Germany

Fantastic Four: China

X-Men: United Kingdom
    I'd probably put Iron Man in Japan due to the technical nature of the armor.

I think Germany or perhaps Russia for the FF. A Rogue scientist and his friends stealing a rocketship could have origins in Russia (or USSR) or even Germany with old nazi rocketry tech.

The X-Men with their international nature would fit great in the Savage Land in Antarctica.

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

I would put Daredevil in Ireland. Honestly not because he's Irish but because of the common legal system. I was going to say the UK, but I don't want to copy other suggestions.

I would suggest putting Spider-Man in Korea because Seoul seems like a fun city for him to play in. For some reason, I want to suggest Mexico for the Fantastic Four. Put them in a place that lets them be explorers and have a home to go to that can emphasize family.

Let's mix things up a bit:

Moon Knight - Egypt (specifically Cairo)
    Punisher - El Salvador
    Doctor Strange - Italy (specifically Rome, but I could also see putting him in Paris, France. He has to be in a first world country for the whole world class surgeon thing).
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

Dominican Spider-Man would not be a menace.

Duterte is already a wannabe Punisher.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Murdock View Post
    I would put Daredevil in Ireland. Honestly not because he's Irish but because of the common legal system. I was going to say the UK, but I don't want to copy other suggestions.
    Would Matt's Catholic heritage have a role in an Irish location?

Astonishing Member CrimsonEchidna's Avatar

Champions would be pretty easy:
    • Ms. Marvel/Kamala Khan --> Pakistan
    • Spider-Man/Miles Morales --> Puerto Rico
    • Nova/Sam Alexander --> Mexico
    • Brawn/Amadeus Cho --> South Korea
    • Wasp/Nadia Van Dyne --> Russia
    • Ironheart/Riri Williams --> Japan

In the case of Riri, I feel like her being an exchange student to a prestigious school in Japan would play up to her isolation.
    The artist formerly known as OrpheusTelos.

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CaptCleghorn View Post
    Would Matt's Catholic heritage have a role in an Irish location?
    Probably similar to how it is now. I always get the impression that most people in Ireland these days are more cultural Catholics. Matt's portrayal can vary in the intensity of his religious beliefs in a way that would be pretty comfortable in Ireland.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

i'd like to read the adventures of Ant-Man (Lang) in Australia.