Results 1 to 8 of 8
  1. #1
    Incredible Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Posts
    648

    Default All of the Marvel characters but in different countries

    So, I was thinking about how 90% of the major superheroes and villains are based out in New York, and I always thought that that was kinda ridiculous. The writers did that so that it would make crossovers easier, but I think most people’s complaints with post-Avengers MCU sum up the problems I have with it.

    Because of that, I started thinking, “What if the heroes were all in different cities like the DCU?” Then I thought, why do they even need to be in the same country? It would also help diversify the ethnicities and backgrounds of a lot of the characters.

    Where would you put the characters? I personally organized them by main character.

    Captain America: He stays in the US for obvious reasons, but this time he’s stationed in Washington, DC.

    Iron Man: Germany

    Hulk: Ukraine

    Thor: Scandinavia, but I haven’t decided which country. It always bothered me how foreign god superheroes like Wonder Woman only ever seemed to operate out of the US.

    Fantastic Four: China

    X-Men: United Kingdom

    Spider-Man: Either Ghana because of Anansi or Japan because I love the Japanese Spider-Man series(all of them)

  2. #2
    FF purist/snob CaptCleghorn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    6,084

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PCN24454 View Post
    So, I was thinking about how 90% of the major superheroes and villains are based out in New York, and I always thought that that was kinda ridiculous. The writers did that so that it would make crossovers easier, but I think most people’s complaints with post-Avengers MCU sum up the problems I have with it.

    Because of that, I started thinking, “What if the heroes were all in different cities like the DCU?” Then I thought, why do they even need to be in the same country? It would also help diversify the ethnicities and backgrounds of a lot of the characters.

    Where would you put the characters? I personally organized them by main character.

    Iron Man: Germany

    Fantastic Four: China

    X-Men: United Kingdom
    I'd probably put Iron Man in Japan due to the technical nature of the armor.

    I think Germany or perhaps Russia for the FF. A Rogue scientist and his friends stealing a rocketship could have origins in Russia (or USSR) or even Germany with old nazi rocketry tech.

    The X-Men with their international nature would fit great in the Savage Land in Antarctica.

  3. #3
    Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Posts
    7,219

    Default

    I would put Daredevil in Ireland. Honestly not because he's Irish but because of the common legal system. I was going to say the UK, but I don't want to copy other suggestions.

    I would suggest putting Spider-Man in Korea because Seoul seems like a fun city for him to play in. For some reason, I want to suggest Mexico for the Fantastic Four. Put them in a place that lets them be explorers and have a home to go to that can emphasize family.

    Let's mix things up a bit:

    Moon Knight - Egypt (specifically Cairo)
    Punisher - El Salvador
    Doctor Strange - Italy (specifically Rome, but I could also see putting him in Paris, France. He has to be in a first world country for the whole world class surgeon thing).
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

    I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

    Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

  4. #4
    Kinky Lil' Canine Snoop Dogg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Posts
    7,698

    Default

    Dominican Spider-Man would not be a menace.

    Duterte is already a wannabe Punisher.
    Our main character, a socially awkward outcast, gains newfound confidence and arrogance before committing a string of horrid acts. He then wears a fancy suit and proceeds to dance like a maniac to music that isn't actually there playing around him.

  5. #5
    FF purist/snob CaptCleghorn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    6,084

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Murdock View Post
    I would put Daredevil in Ireland. Honestly not because he's Irish but because of the common legal system. I was going to say the UK, but I don't want to copy other suggestions.
    Would Matt's Catholic heritage have a role in an Irish location?

  6. #6
    Astonishing Member CrimsonEchidna's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    2,258

    Default

    Champions would be pretty easy:
    • Ms. Marvel/Kamala Khan --> Pakistan
    • Spider-Man/Miles Morales --> Puerto Rico
    • Nova/Sam Alexander --> Mexico
    • Brawn/Amadeus Cho --> South Korea
    • Wasp/Nadia Van Dyne --> Russia
    • Ironheart/Riri Williams --> Japan


    In the case of Riri, I feel like her being an exchange student to a prestigious school in Japan would play up to her isolation.
    The artist formerly known as OrpheusTelos.

  7. #7
    Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Posts
    7,219

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptCleghorn View Post
    Would Matt's Catholic heritage have a role in an Irish location?
    Probably similar to how it is now. I always get the impression that most people in Ireland these days are more cultural Catholics. Matt's portrayal can vary in the intensity of his religious beliefs in a way that would be pretty comfortable in Ireland.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

    I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

    Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

  8. #8

    Default

    i'd like to read the adventures of Ant-Man (Lang) in Australia.
    "I just don't get why you wouldn't want to break the law anymore" --Scorpia

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •