Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by MeGrimlock420 View Post
    WC/DC doesn't our money.
    Seriously. My kids would have eaten this up as a cartoon. And it honestly sounds like it would have fit in pretty well with CN's evening line up. I mean Craig of the Creek isn't the craziness of TTG, and that's doing pretty well. This sounds like it would be in the same vein, kinda wacky, but still more solid storytelling.

But I know they'd absolutely devour this as one of those Zoom style TPBs. I already had to buy a second copy of the Super Sons one because they were fighting over who got it to reread at bedtime and both wanted their own.

Quote Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
    At the very least if this is truly not going to happen as a cartoon, it absolutely should be a book in the Zoom line up.
    The Zoom version is NOT the Super Sons of the comics (Damian goes by "Ian" and there was never a Robin). And the author has never read the actual Super Sons series either. And really, the dynamics are completely different from the actual Super Sons.

Seriously. My kids would have eaten this up as a cartoon. And it honestly sounds like it would have fit in pretty well with CN's evening line up. I mean Craig of the Creek isn't the craziness of TTG, and that's doing pretty well. This sounds like it would be in the same vein, kinda wacky, but still more solid storytelling.

But I know they'd absolutely devour this as one of those Zoom style TPBs. I already had to buy a second copy of the Super Sons one because they were fighting over who got it to reread at bedtime and both wanted their own.
    In the next week or two. I'm going to buy the omnibus of the 1st Super Sons.

It looked cool and I'm glad the creator had such fondness for it. I would have dug it when I was a wee lad.

oh well.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    The Zoom version is NOT the Super Sons of the comics (Damian goes by "Ian" and there was never a Robin). And the author has never read the actual Super Sons series either. And really, the dynamics are completely different from the actual Super Sons.
    I know and I've read it. I didn't really care for it at all. The amount of changes seems really unnecessary, the story was kinda goofy, though I liked the new "team" of the four characters together. The Ian thing was pretty dumb, apparently it's because the author thought that it was associated with the Omen kid too much. Like pre-teens (or even teens) would make that association? I'm 40 and don't make that association at all.

However, all that said, my 10 year old who did read all the Rebirth Superman and Supersons and is generally into all those style TBP's he can get, did end up liking it quite a bit. And my 8 year old also picked it up and dug it. She's been into DC Super Hero Girls, but hasn't really had much interest in other stuff. So I think they at least are succeeding there with the target demographic which ultimately is a good thing. I think a book in the vein of this comic pitch (or that old Lois Lane Girl Reporter pitch) would do well in that same line up.

Quote Originally Posted by MeGrimlock420 View Post
    In the next week or two. I'm going to buy the omnibus of the 1st Super Sons.
    That is a nice looking Omnibus. I was thinking of picking that up for my son as well. He read all the individual issues, but they've been demolished or lost. He's inherited my comic book interest, but not my OCD in keeping them all nicely bagged and boarded!

Allow me to be the contrarian.

I've been reading Superman comics since the early 1970s, and I've read stuff from every era from the Golden Age forward.

I am so glad Warner Bros. passed on this. It does look cute and adorable as people in this thread have said.

That is exactly what Superman does NOT need.

I am tired of everyone either rehashing the Silver Age or the Donner movies or both. No more cheesy, corny, old-fashioned, cringy Silver Age junk that only serves to make the character a parody of himself.

Superman is my favorite character, but for some reason everyone who does an adaptation of him looks to the past and wants to trap him there.

I just wish someone could understand Superman, make him relevant for today, and point him toward the future.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Comic-Reader Lad View Post
    I am tired of everyone either rehashing the Silver Age or the Donner movies or both. No more cheesy, corny, old-fashioned, cringy Silver Age junk that only serves to make the character a parody of himself.
    As opposed to try-hard edgelord trash like Snyder, Injustice and New 52? Forget that noise.

Kon93

We SHOULD have BOTH,and stuff in the middle

Kon93

And MORE kon-el/Conner Kent

This was supposed to be a series geared toward children. I know a lot of older fans complain about Teen Titans Go! but that show has put the Teen Titans on the radar of thousands of kids who wouldn't know of them at all. Same with DC Super Hero Girls. Superman should be so lucky.

WB seems to have some kind of weird DC bias.

They treat TTG! amazing well but anything like Justice League Action they basically silently kill off.

I don't think this series would have been any different.

Quote Originally Posted by dietrich View Post
    DC the company that vehemently refused and rejected the Idea of updating the Robin costume in 80's until they saw the redesign for RobinDick commissioned by WB for the Burton batman movie. They prompted coughed up to buy the design to use for new robin Tim once Burton cut Robin from his movie.
    Wait...what happened, now?!?

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    As opposed to try-hard edgelord trash like Snyder, Injustice and New 52? Forget that noise.
    As much as I love Zack Snyder's Man of Steel, I wasn't suggesting adapting that to a cartoon.

Bruce Timm tried with his 90s Superman series, but it's clear he really doesn't love the character the way he does Batman. His Superman was good, but never great.

I wouldn't mind seeing a Superman cartoon done by the same folks who do Young Justice. Something densely plotted that dives deep into the Superman lore and fleshes everything out across a series' worth of episodes. Put the series on the DC Universe Streaming Service.

I don't want domestic sitcom Superman with dumb gimmicky Silver-Bronze Age plots, which is what the proposed Superman Family seemed to be.

I also want the characters to be drawn more realistically than what's shown.

Even if you aim the series at kids, I don't think the Superman Family proposal is the way to go. I don't think today's kids would find that cool at all, and if you want the next generation to care about the character, then bringing back stuff that caused DC to lose sales 60 years ago seems to be a foolhardy way to do it.

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

Okay, so I'm thinking there's stuff that we're missing here. There has to be a reason WB turned this down that we're not seeing. Maybe they didn't want to invest the money in yet another animated show while they are already footing the bill for YJ and the Harley Quinn show. Maybe they don't trust CN not to screw it up at this point. Those live action streaming shows I'm sure aren't cheap to produce. Too many other shows on the docket? One theory might be that Jon's current age up in the comics is permanent and they don't want people getting attached to the younger version.
    Assassinate Putin!

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    No joke.

10 characters.
    Keep in mind that you have about as much chance of changing my mind as I do of changing yours.