Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member Dispenser Of Truth's Avatar
    Last edited by Dispenser Of Truth; 04-22-2019 at 06:21 PM.
    Buh-bye

Astonishing Member Dispenser Of Truth's Avatar

This is actual agony for me. I'm not positive Superlad's going to survive.

"My angle was to combine these new storylines with a lighter tone inspired by all those crazy Silver Age stories I read as a young lad. Seeing for instance how Jon and his mom Lois would deal with his dad being turned into a Super-Merman was something I dearly wanted to see. There are so many dark, adult-themed DC stories I felt the company needed something that got back to its roots and was made for kids."

(Regarding the supporting cast) "I love the characters I grew up with like Mzyzptlk, and Steel and they were envisioned as their classic comic book counterparts. Damian Wayne was a natural choice based on the chemistry he has with Jon in their comic book adventures, the 'Super Sons.' The female Steel is also an established character from the comics named Natasha. She is Steel's niece and I thought it would be cool to see her having adventures with Jon as a slightly older female protagonist. It was also important to bring diversity to my project to reflect the world we live in and reach out to a wider audience. That is also why I included Kong Kenan. He is a relatively new character, but I loved the idea of China having its own Superman."
    Buh-bye

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

This could have been perfect for cartoon network or DC Universe, shame it didn't happen.

This would have been incredible. Unreal they passed on it.

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    This could have been perfect for cartoon network or DC Universe, shame it didn't happen.
    Cartoon Network is guaranteed premature death for any DC Comics show not called "Teen Titans."

I'm not sure if it would have been for me, but its Superman so I would have tried it. Mostly though I wish it would have happened for those who would have definitely enjoyed it and I think a lot would have, especially kids. And kids are what we need more of getting into Superman.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 04-22-2019 at 07:21 PM.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Wouldn’t be surprised if this got passed on because WB isn’t confident with Superman’s brand after a string of underperforming movies. Kinda like how (I think?) the green lantern animated series got canned because the movie floped.

Wow. I thought the Rebirth Superman was primed for a cartoon adaption, but I never thought someone else was trying to make that an actual reality .

But man, this all looks awesome. It's such a shame WB passed on it, even if CN probably would have killed it like they try and kill every DC cartoon not named Teen Titans Go!. We could've finally had another Superman cartoon...

Yep - this shows that WB doesn't know what it's doing with Superman, generally.

More of this and less of what we've had is *exactly* what Superman needs right now. It would be great for this to be on DC Universe (I'd actually get a subscription then, lol), or on some network during their "for kids" cartoon slot. But I agree with everyone else here - NOT Cartoon Network.

And how long have I been saying that "Superman Family" would be a great way to bring them all together and needs to have a resurgence?

Maybe if he pitches this again in a few years (and maybe add Kon), it'd get a green light somewhere?

And... maybe if they lose the pink nose on Superman/all adult characters. It doesn't look so bad on Lois, really... but it just looks odd on Superman, to me.
    Last edited by JAK; 04-22-2019 at 07:44 PM.
    Hear my new CD "Love The World Away", available on iTunes, Google Music, Spotify, Shazam, and Amazon: https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B01N5XYV..._waESybX1C0RXK via @amazon
    www.jamiekelleymusic.com
    TV interview here: https://snjtoday.com/snj-today-hotline-jamie-kelley/

God I hate WB right now. This sounds utterly perfect, something to attract more fans of Superman, and of course the dip***** pass on it. Why the hell was this not green lit? Put it on DCU for Clark’s sake. Jesus we could’ve had Jon, Kenan, Steel, AND Natasha all in one series? I’m so mad right now.

We’re not in Hell. We’re in the Omega Sanction.

Astonishing Member kingaliencracker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by OpaqueGiraffe17 View Post
    Wouldn’t be surprised if this got passed on because WB isn’t confident with Superman’s brand after a string of underperforming movies. Kinda like how (I think?) the green lantern animated series got canned because the movie floped.
    Not quite.

Green Lantern got canceled because toy sales for the movie line bombed.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

I don't want to live on this planet anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    I don't want to live on this planet anymore.
    Maybe Doomsday Clock is taking so long because Johns rewrote it so it ends with Clark realizing Manhattan has the right idea /s.
    8F939FDD-1716-4BF6-9AF2-9CCDC1620EAB.jpg
    Gotta say at the very least I find the mindset very sympathetic these days. How can they be so utterly blind? They refuse to promote Superman in any positive way yet complain he’s not the powerhouse he was? Gee I wonder if him not having a cartoon or video game or (imo) halfway decent movie has any relation to his decline?

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Maybe Doomsday Clock is taking so long because Johns rewrote it so it ends with Clark realizing Manhattan has the right idea /s.
    8F939FDD-1716-4BF6-9AF2-9CCDC1620EAB.jpg
    Gotta say at the very least I find the mindset very sympathetic these days. How can they be so utterly blind? They refuse to promote Superman in any positive way yet complain he’s not the powerhouse he was? Gee I wonder if him not having a cartoon or video game or (imo) halfway decent movie has any relation to his decline?
    It absolutely does. People are influenced by the media they encounter. When all media portrayals of Superman are ashamed of him, well you're not going to make fans of the character that way.

It's a real shame that negligence and apathy are what will likely be the nail in the Man of Steel's coffin.

Something like this, or a straight up Super Sons adaptation, would have been perfect for introducing new people to the franchise. This looked fun, crazy, yet accessible for most people.

To write it off just like that is just, mind boggling.

DC, WB, what is WRONG with you!? Give it a go on DC app or something (Cartoon Network only likes Teen Titans Go, so pass)!