Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Father Son Kamehameha < Kuwagaton's Avatar

Wait...

Quote Originally Posted by OpaqueGiraffe17 View Post
    Wouldn’t be surprised if this got passed on because WB isn’t confident with Superman’s brand after a string of underperforming movies.
    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    It's such a shame WB passed on it
    Quote Originally Posted by JAK View Post
    Yep - this shows that WB doesn't know what it's doing with Superman, generally.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    God I hate WB right now.
    The first thing I though was, what happened? And from the way he describes it

Quote Originally Posted by Newsarama
    The people at Warner Bros. Animation liked it and had me try out a bunch of talented artists to help design the look of it, and settled on Sean Galloway for me to pair off with and develop the final pitch for DC. Unfortunately, they passed, but I'm hopeful the success of Shazam! will help open the door for more fun, kid-friendly stories.
    Am I just missing the part where the WB company is to blame?
    Welcome or welcome back! Please check out the updated
    CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

BANNED

Kong ain't just a relatively new character, he's already become entirely forgotten about by the DC higher-ups outside of a fleeting mention in Doomsday Clock. Who knows what future he could have had if this show had been a reality. Poor form WB.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    Something like this, or a straight up Super Sons adaptation, would have been perfect for introducing new people to the franchise. This looked fun, crazy, yet accessible for most people.

To write it off just like that is just, mind boggling.

DC, WB, what is WRONG with you!? Give it a go on DC app or something (Cartoon Network only likes Teen Titans Go, so pass)!
    But... But... We have the Zoom Supersons title to attract new people!

Quote Originally Posted by Kuwagaton View Post
    Wait...
    The first thing I though was, what happened? And from the way he describes it

DC the company that vehemently refused and rejected the Idea of updating the Robin costume in 80's until they saw the redesign for RobinDick commissioned by WB for the Burton batman movie. They prompted coughed up to buy the design to use for new robin Tim once Burton cut Robin from his movie.

DC the company that was fine with Damian staying dead and Didio killing Dick Grayson until that infamous Email from WB vetoed them.

DC the company that fought Tomasi tooth and nail on the family dynamic.

Fans often blur the lines blaming WB for DC mistakes.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuwagaton View Post
    Wait...
    This part: Warner Bros. Animation ultimately passed on Heuck and Galloway's show.

They may have liked the idea enough to play around with it, but didn't like it enough to green-light it. That's on WB.

Quote Originally Posted by dietrich View Post
    DC the company that vehemently refused and rejected the Idea of updating the Robin costume in 80's until they saw the redesign for RobinDick commissioned by WB for the Burton batman movie. They prompted coughed up to buy the design to use for new robin Tim once Burton cut Robin from his movie.

DC the company that was fine with Damian staying dead and Didio killing Dick Grayson until that infamous Email from WB vetoed them.

DC the company that fought Tomasi tooth and nail on the family dynamic.

Fans often blur the lines blaming WB for DC mistakes.
    Mainly because WB is DC's parent company - so the buck often stops at the top. Both have their respective and/or collective share of blatant stupidity.
    Hear my new CD "Love The World Away", available on iTunes, Google Music, Spotify, Shazam, and Amazon: https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B01N5XYV..._waESybX1C0RXK via @amazon
    www.jamiekelleymusic.com
    TV interview here: https://snjtoday.com/snj-today-hotline-jamie-kelley/

Father Son Kamehameha < Kuwagaton's Avatar

This would have to be respective as the two parties are in conflict over the course of action. They're not necessarily the same, similar to how this article has two quotes that would be attributed to Chris Arrant and Vinton Hueck separately. Notice that the Arrant description mentions that Hueck recruited Cheeks, where Hueck makes it sound more like they were paired. It's not a detailed explanation but Hueck says WB animation liked it and helped take it to DC, a sister company under the same parent of Warner Bros. The parent company isn't mentioned by him. And so we can say DC, because Hueck does, but it's hard enough at that. No one was named.
    Welcome or welcome back! Please check out the updated
    CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Extraordinary Member

Was this for Cartoon Network?

It looks adorable

I wouldn't mind seeing this. Probably bring in more people to buy the comics.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    Was this for Cartoon Network?
    If it were, you'd get 7 hours of it non-stop on the schedules.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    If it were, you'd get 7 hours of it non-stop on the schedules.
    no I would get 7 hours no stop Teen Titans go and mabey one new 15 Minuit segment
    If your not TTG or mabey gumball you dont get airtime they have been arranging their programming to focus on small hyper young children

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    arranging their programming to focus on small hyper young children
    Jon and Damian focused episodes would have probably fit that portfolio

Quote Originally Posted by MeGrimlock420 View Post
    I wouldn't mind seeing this. Probably bring in more people to buy the comics.
    Would’ve gotten more kids interested in the character which would’ve done Supes some good in the long run.

At the very least if this is truly not going to happen as a cartoon, it absolutely should be a book in the Zoom line up.

Quote Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
    At the very least if this is truly not going to happen as a cartoon, it absolutely should be a book in the Zoom line up.
    WC/DC doesn't our money.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    Jon and Damian focused episodes would have probably fit that portfolio
    ....... they would be probably do that to Jon and make Damian the striaghtman my fear is that they would make Jon to dumb