Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Default What Should be the Next DC Movie Franchise?

Coming off the success of Shazam, what should be the next character(s) to have a set of movies focusing on them? Let's pretend as if the DC Universe original live-action shows were in the same universe as the DCEU and the following properties are off limits: the Titans, the Doom Patrol, Swamp Thing, and Stargirl.

My picks would be: Captain Atom; Blue Beetle (and Booster Gold) OR a JLI movie; the JSA; the Legion of Superheroes; Hawkman; Green Arrow; Animal Man; and Martian Manhunter.
    Last edited by Green Goblin of Sector 2814; 04-23-2019 at 12:36 PM.

To me, Vixen is always the right answer.
    Black Panther - Champion of Bast
    Vixen - Champion of Anansi

If it were possible I'd say go full on Milestone Media but iunno what's the rights situation on movies. Otherwise? Iunno, Martian Manhunter or an Outsiders movie would be nice. They could piggyback off Doom Patrol's good will, follow David F. Walker's run, retcon his body to be more human and give Cyborg a go at it.
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

I would love to see a Question movie. I dont know if I want the Question from the comics or the nut job from JLU however. Either would be good.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Quote Originally Posted by tbaron View Post
    I would love to see a Question movie. I dont know if I want the Question from the comics or the nut job from JLU however. Either would be good.
    The Question from JLU amused me. I thought it was funny when he said he looks through everyone's garbage. And when Huntress asked him what he was wearing in order to spice things up, he just told her what he really was wearing.
    Black Panther - Champion of Bast
    Vixen - Champion of Anansi

I was interested in YJ Bumblebee so I'd base my take around that.

I thought about an older experienced Green Arrow to compliment Batfleck.

The Question is always a solid pick.

Shadowpact/JLD would be a good counterpoint to Guardians of the Galaxy.

I'd probably do something with Blackout or Dr. Light (she might get a new name tho).

I've read some good pitches in the Vixen thread.

I'd do a Simon Baz movie but he'd get a new ID instead of GL (I'm leaning towards Air Wave).

I thought about doing a Wesley Todd/Dream the endless crossover.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 04-22-2019 at 07:33 PM.

My pick would be The Flash and Green Lantern (respectively) .

Maybe even do Brave and the Bold anthology movies .

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    My pick would be The Flash and Green Lantern (respectively) .

Maybe even do Brave and the Bold anthology movies .
    Yeah, but we already know they're getting movies. Haha

Quote Originally Posted by Zeeguy91 View Post
    Yeah, but we already know they're getting movies. Haha
    Well, until we see a trailer and actual filming done, I'm just going to wait and see on that front .

Challengers of the Unknown

Warlord

Rip Hunter/Booster Gold

Hawkman/Hawkwoman

J'onn J'onnz, Manhunter of Mars

Metal Men

Animal Man

They need to think outside the box and pick some properties that have elements to them that are unlike what's been seen either with them or Marvel at this point. They've got so many cool properties they could easily adapt to cinema with the right script, director, and cast.
    Last edited by Ishmael; 04-22-2019 at 08:36 PM.

Green Arrow, ideally one that leans a bit closer to the comics this time around.

The Question is awesome as the kind of character you could use to make a relatively low-budget crime drama. I think it could be truly stellar.

In terms of movies that'd be a little more visually bombastic, the kind they'd need to sink a budget into, I'd love to see a J'onn J'onzz movie.

But my absolute dream movie would be a Supergirl and Superman movie, continuing on from the world of Man of Steel and Justice League, but with Kara Zor-El as a character with equal importance to Superman, and who demonstrates to him that Krypton was not only restrictive, but truly beautiful too.
    "You know the deal, Metropolis. Treat people right or expect a visit from me."

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

I actually think The Terrifics could be a great title for them to have a fun science fiction adventure and still allow for a more diverse representation of their heroes. It's got tons of potential, much like the book itself, and we've had 3 FF movies so far that have yet to really land.

I secretly really want Idris Elba to play Michael Holt. I realize this won't happen with Suicide Squad 2, but neither would a Terrifics live action film. Too new, too unproven and no big name character attached.
    Last edited by Robanker; 04-22-2019 at 09:43 PM.

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

I've been showing my students the Green Lantern cartoon and that show sings to kids on every level. DC is sitting on a giant excuse to print money. All they need is to find somebody who actually likes the property to make a good movie about it.

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

Sword of the Atom- Ray Palmer, in the midst of a messy divorce, shrinks into the jungles and finds love and adventure!

Adam Strange as a hard sci-fi film.

Golden Age Hawkman adventure flick.
    Last edited by Flash Gordon; 04-22-2019 at 10:13 PM.