Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

I think a better showcase to unused supporting characters would be Web of Spider-Man. The book could the place for Cloak, Dagger, Silk, Prowler, Anya and others to appear regularly. I'd lose if each arc focused on one of them while still being part of a larger narrative.
    I tend to associate Team-Up with guest starts from the larger Marvel Universe and now we already have a new MTU book (even if Spidey isn't the regular star anymore).

I don't know.

Satellite books tend to do poorly, and Avenging Spider-Man didn't do very well. One problem is that book very quickly lost an identity when Zeb Wells left. Kirkman's MTU also showed how essential some consistency is to the title, so it's best to stick with Spidey rather than have an open-ended book (since the fans who want a Spider-Man/ Human Torch team-up might not be the same ones excited about Starlord/ Captain Marvel.)

It's possible to have a book with a better defined hook, perhaps with a consistent creative team (though you need someone big enough to generate interest, and the reality is they'll likely sell better with a regular Spider-Man book.)

There are advantages to promoting new heroes, and this would create back-material whenever someone takes off. Marvel also knows what movies are coming down the line, so this can be used to seed that stuff, as well as upcoming events.

It might work with Jonathan Hickman or Jason Aaron, as people familiar with multiple corners of the Marvel Universe. Pair one of them with an artist on par with Mark Bagley, or go with the Ultimate Marvel Team Up hook of a new artist every storyline.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

I just want a Spider-Women series.

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    I don't know.

Satellite books tend to do poorly, and Avenging Spider-Man didn't do very well. One problem is that book very quickly lost an identity when Zeb Wells left. Kirkman's MTU also showed how essential some consistency is to the title, so it's best to stick with Spidey rather than have an open-ended book (since the fans who want a Spider-Man/ Human Torch team-up might not be the same ones excited about Starlord/ Captain Marvel.)

It's possible to have a book with a better defined hook, perhaps with a consistent creative team (though you need someone big enough to generate interest, and the reality is they'll likely sell better with a regular Spider-Man book.)

There are advantages to promoting new heroes, and this would create back-material whenever someone takes off. Marvel also knows what movies are coming down the line, so this can be used to seed that stuff, as well as upcoming events.

It might work with Jonathan Hickman or Jason Aaron, as people familiar with multiple corners of the Marvel Universe. Pair one of them with an artist on par with Mark Bagley, or go with the Ultimate Marvel Team Up hook of a new artist every storyline.
    Dan Slott would actually be ideal for this assignment.

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    The idea of Hickman and Aaron on a Spider-Man team-up book or satellite is just...kind of hilarious .
    Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Chan View Post
    I just want a Spider-Women series.
    I would say, "count on it when the animated movie comes out," but then again they haven't done much more Spider-Verse stuff since the movie came out aside from Spidergeddon.
    Quote Originally Posted by oldschool View Post
    I think Slott would be all over a team-up book with different variants of spider-people.

I personally would rather he not write one if Peter has to be the main character.

In a few years, maybe. But it shouldn’t be so soon after the highly promoted end of his run.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    The idea of Hickman and Aaron on a Spider-Man team-up book or satellite is just...kind of hilarious .

I would say, "count on it when the animated movie comes out," but then again they haven't done much more Spider-Verse stuff since the movie came out aside from Spidergeddon.

I think Slott would be all over a team-up book with different variants of spider-people.

I personally would rather he not write one if Peter has to be the main character.
    Your point on Aaron and Hickman is fair. The people who could pull this off are probably too big to be interested.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets