Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    Mark Waid's run from 1998. I think this is #22. Kinda weird considering nowadays Waid would be all over that continuity.
    Thanks. I'll have to check it out.
    " I've learned that free will isn't a gift-it's muscle that needs to be exercised-and only when it's in peak condition-is a man truly awake" TONY STARK

The One Above All 616MarvelYear is LeapYear's Avatar

Marvel Super Heroes Secret Wars #1 May 1984
    "The War Begins!"
    After having entered a mysterious construct that appeared in Central Park in their own respective magazines
    (see Amazing Spider-Man #251, Uncanny X-Men #180, Iron Man #181, Incredible Hulk #294,
    Thing #10, Thor #341, Avengers #242, Captain America #292,
    and Fantastic Four #295)
    many of Earth's heroes are instantaneously gathered together in a giant construct in space.
    The heroes are Captain America, Thor, Captain Marvel, Hawkeye, Iron Man, She-Hulk, Wasp, the Fantastic Four (minus Invisible Woman),
    Colossus, Cyclops, Nightcrawler, Professor X, Rogue, Storm, Wolverine, Lockheed, Magneto, Spider-Man and Hulk.
    They are unsure as to what or who had brought them to this place.
    They introduce themselves to each other. They then realize they are not alone.

Across the way another construct appears housing the villains of Earth, according to Professor X's mental probings.
    One thing the heroes do not understand, however, is why Magneto appeared in their construct and not the villains'.
    In the other construct, the villains are just as confused as the heroes. After the villains introduce themselves to one another,

both ships are hurtled through space to watch a galaxy be destroyed and a new planet be created.
    This causes both parties to realize that a very powerful being has summoned them all.
    The villains begin to bicker with each other and a fight breaks out.
    Ultron tries to destroy them all but is knocked into Galactus.
    The villains are all amazed when Galactus simply drains the energy from Ultron,
    then goes back to staring at the stars as if everyone is beneath him.

Suddenly, a bright light appears in space and a voice announces who has summoned them all: the Beyonder.
    He tells them that he can do anything imaginable and then orders them to battle each other,
    promising the winning side will receive whatever they want. Galactus refuses to obey the voice
    and tries to fly towards the light to force the Beyonder to give him the power to remove his eternal hunger for planetary energy.
    Doctor Doom follows Galactus and, when they get close enough, the light diminishes and they are thrown back.

The constructs are then sent to the newly-constructed planet and the two groups of fighters placed on the planet.
    The heroes again question why Magneto is on their side,
    and begin fighting over if they should defeat him or try to use his help.
    Magneto, however, feels that he is "above" most of the heroes, and uses his magnetism to fly away.
    The heroes then decide Captain America to be the leader of their group.

Meanwhile, Galactus and Doctor Doom are seen on the planet surface as well after being blasted back by the powerful light.
    Galactus is unconscious as Doctor Doom returns to the rest of the villains and tries to convince
    them to help him steal the Beyonder's powers instead of going along with the Beyonder's game.
    The villains think Doom is simply afraid of playing the Beyonder's game after being shot back by the light,
    and Doom is disgusted at their simple minds and takes off in a vehicle to seek out counsel with Mister Fantastic.
    Kang uses the grounded construct's weapons and shoots down Doom's vehicle.
    The heroes see it go down and move to investigate.

Finding Doctor Doom lying in the rubble, Captain America tries to help him to his feet.
    Doom is unable to tolerate the heroes' pity and he attacks them in frustration, before fleeing.
    Iron Man warns the heroes they are about to be attacked

and the villains unleash the first assault on the final page.

Story by Jim Shooter. Art by Mike Zeck and John Beatty.
    Imperius Rex!
    http://www.tradingcarddb.com/Images/.../74396-9Bk.jpg
    It's clobberin' time! Hulk is strongest one there is! Have at thee!
    http://www.tradingcarddb.com/Images/...74396-51Bk.jpg
    I'm the best there is at what I do, but what I do best isn't very nice.
    http://www.tradingcarddb.com/Images/...74396-43Bk.jpg

Iron Man #182 May 1984
    "Deliverance"
    Tony Stark is still living on the streets in a depressed state as a massive snowstorm bears down on the Big Apple!
    He should be seeking shelter, but instead he valiantly searches for a homeless pregnant woman he befriended a few weeks ago.
    Is there any chance of Tony, the woman, and her baby surviving the bitterly cold night outside?
    Last call has arrived for the once invincible iron man.
    Meanwhile in Central Park, Rhodey has returned from Battleworld with the Avengers!

And he has new alien components installed on his armor!

Cameo appearances by Morley Erwin, Captain America, Captain Marvel (aka Monica Rambeau), Hawkeye and Thor.

Script by Denny O'Neil. Pencils by Luke McDonnell. Inks by Steve Mitchell.
    Imperius Rex!

how has Rhodey adjusted socially since being reborn? Again? This is technically the second time, right? I remember when his original body was maimed, and he ended up eventually getting a cloned form.

That happened to the comicbook character Professor Charles Xavier as well after his body was infected by a Brood egg..
    Quote Originally Posted by 616MarvelYear is LeapYear View Post
    Uncanny X-Men #167 Mar 1983
    "The Goldilocks Syndrome! (or: Who's Been Sleeping in My Head?)" Part 6 of 6. Guest-starring the Fantastic Four, Starjammers, and the New Mutants.
    This story takes place after New Mutants #3...

The New Mutants are spending their evening watching an episode of Magnum P.I. in relative quiet,
    when suddenly the X-Men burst into the mansion seeking out Professor X, as he has been infected with a Brood Queen embryo.
    Unsure if the young mutants that are in their home have been infected, the X-Men try to subdue Xavier's newest students while Kitty goes upstairs looking for the Professor.
    Although she is armed with a Shi'ar blaster, she is easily disarmed by the Brood infected Xavier.
    While downstairs, the X-Men are easily rounding up the younger mutants when Kitty is thrown down by Charles.
    With the Brood persona in full control of his body, Charles allows himself to transform into his Brood form who charges after the X-Men.

Cyclops blasts the Brood out of the mansion, while outside Colossus (having been knocked outside during the fight with the New Mutants)
    goes after their mentor, but finds the combination of the Brood's physical strength and the Professor's mental powers too much to fight up against.
    Wolverine is the only one who can bring himself to slay the Professor, while the others try to stop him to find some other way.
    When the Brood manages to escape it's taken down by Storm and Binary.

With the Professor's mind reasserting itself, he asks his senior students to put him out of his misery.
    When Wolverine motions to do it, Cyclops orders him back because he refuses to kill the Professor unless they can do something to save him.

Cyclops, the X-Men and the New Mutants board the Starjammer and wait while Moira MacTaggert and Sikorsky look over Xavier's body.
    When they exit the infirmary they report that they cannot change him back to his human form,
    but they might be able to clone a new body for him and transplant his mind. It's a risky job, but the X-Men agree to go ahead with the attempt anyway.

As Colossus, Illyana and Kitty are reunited, Storm notes that her once close friendship with Kitty might be coming to an end and feels alone.
    She goes elsewhere on the ship where she spends some time with Nightcrawler and remark on the New Mutants who were gathered in their absence in Marvel Graphic Novel #4.
    While not far away, Cyclops and his father Corsair spend time together.
    When Scott asks his father what he intends to do, Corsair explains that after spending some time on Earth he will return to space as he would not fit in on his old home world.
    Scott asks if he can accompany him when he leaves Earth, and Corsair tells him that he can come with him if he'd like.
    In the meantime, Corsair asks Scott if he'd like to meet his grandparents, to which Scott is joyed with the prospect.

The peace is broken when Gladiator arrives asking for an audience with Empress Lilandra.
    Taken to his queen, Gladiator informs her that Mister Fantastic of the Fantastic Four had recently saved the life of Galactus.
    Angered by this, Lilandra beams a holographic image of herself before Reed and his wife Sue, who are sleeping in bed.
    She warns Richards that should Galactus consume any worlds that are populated he will be tried under Shi'ar law and punished fully for his aiding in Galactus's continued survival.
    With her message done, Lilandra rejoins the X-Men and New Mutants and is informed that the operation was a success.

When Charles Xavier exits the infirmary in his new, younger, clone body he surprises everyone by being able to stand up and walk.
    However, this is only a brief moment as he soon buckles over in pain.
    Xavier explains to his students that his body is having a psycho-somatic response after years of being crippled, however he intends to work on being able to walk again.

He formally introduces the X-Men to his new students the New Mutants whom he intends to train in the use of their powers.
    He shocks the the X-Men when he also announces that Kitty will be removed from the team and placed with the Mutants so that she can learn how to use her powers with students her own age.

Story by Chris Claremont. Art by Paul Smith and Bob Wiacek.
    Imperius Rex!

War Machine #2 May 1994
    "Between Deathlok and a Hard Case!" Part 2 of 4.
    It's a three-way stand-off as War Machine, the mutant Cable, and the cybernetic killer Deathlok engage in a battle

to decide the fate of one man's life.

Story by Scott Benson and Len Kaminski. Art by Gabriel Gecko and Pam Eklund.
    Imperius Rex!