Default Strange Tides: Sci Fi Military rpg

Set up: Humanity has been discovered by aliens. The result? The highly advanced, but weaker creatures are dead afraid of the human race. Due to their advanced body build, and skill with war. Given they ar hyper aggressive and edge in combat. It is a decree that humanity as a indecent nation, cannot travel the Stars.

There is a condition though why the Earth is protected and humanity is not slaughtered like vermin. The condition?

Spaceward Humans are to be auxiliary soldiers for this order of aliens. To show them what humanity is made out of.

Welcome onboard would be spacer, you represent the night of humanity, just do not get killed.

Situation: Generation play, one, then skips to five generations, then finally twenty. As the tides of change switch stuff around.

Also each generation gets toys and different situations.

Stats: Fallouts Special System, you make up perks and pro/con as not pre set this time.

Aside stats is gear.

Weapon, armor, and survival gear. These three things. Get 9 points to spend, 5 is the max in what advanced stuff you start with. In time can earn other things ( no shops or money system. Being merciful there.)

Also in time can even get upgraded, one of three ways. But that is for future decision.

Player creation:

Name:
    Backstory:

Edit: Start 1 in everything. Have 18 points to spend.

Strength: Melee damage, carry stuff, and throwing arm range.
    Perception: Good senses, aiming, insight talking to people.
    Endurance: HP, defense, shrug off disease/poison.
    Charisma: Leadership Perks, npc reaction and etc.
    Intelligence: Learn skills at rapid pace ( no list just thinking of what you guys think of.)
    Agility: Speed and dodge.
    Luck: Random Stuff.

Skills: Have max of 10 a skill level. Combat mainly, start with 10.
    Hand to hand
    Melee Weapons
    Small guns
    Big guns
    Energy guns:
    Exotic weapons:
    Thrown:
    Bombs:

Also aside fighting, survival and stuff in general. Others, gained with right events.

Gear: I could do what I normally do and give a huge fat list, this time no.

You guys get to make your own stuff accordingly.

Notes: Most alien life are still animals and plants. The twelve other sapiebts. The Order ( made of four aliens.) along with other movers and shakers. ( 3 Of which are trouble. No reapers or Borg though. Robot slaying organically is too old a trope.)
    Last edited by The Chou Lives; 04-23-2019 at 06:51 PM.

I'm interested. Can I make a Captain Harlock like bloodline?
    There is no "overkill". There is only "open fire" and "I need to reload.".

I like to think the 90s was the time when comics hit puberty. They’d grown out of being endearing but hadn’t yet figured out where to channel their emotions to not be utterly whiny cocks. -Beadle

Quote Originally Posted by TerryAce View Post
    I'm interested. Can I make a Captain Harlock like bloodline?
    You sure as Hell can tjat your gen 1 has the moves and looks andcearns a space ship. And future heirs get da ship.

Name: Victor Starblade
    Backstory: Whereas most people went to war for honor, or glory, or riches, Victor went for one reason. To explore the sea of stars. To that end, he sold his soul on the dotted line to become a soldier. Victor wants nothing more than the freedom that comes from space travel to protect his own ideals, and if it has to take fighting a war or several to accomplish that? So be it.

Strength: 3
    Perception: 2
    Endurance: 3
    Charisma: 4
    Intelligence: 2
    Agility: 3
    Luck: 1

Skills

Skills: Have max of 10 a skill level. Combat mainly, start with 10.

Hand to hand: 1
    Melee Weapons: 3
    Small guns 2
    Big guns 0
    Energy guns: 2
    Exotic weapons: 0
    Thrown: 2
    Bombs: 0

Gear: Vibro-saber. A vibrating sword pattered after a old Calvary saber. Cosmic Corsair, a small energy blaster designed to look like an old fashioned Colt Army Model 1860.
    Last edited by TerryAce; 04-25-2019 at 08:29 PM. Reason: Messed up my math

I like to think the 90s was the time when comics hit puberty. They’d grown out of being endearing but hadn’t yet figured out where to channel their emotions to not be utterly whiny cocks. -Beadle

Approved!

Note: 13 Races in space. Humanity is number 13.

It is made of the Council ( 5 entries) I depedent and business types (3) and the others?

Barbarians Like Humans, just developed space flight before they could be sealed off like humans.

Aliens by Loyalty:

Council: 5

Sophonts: Super weak 3’11 to 5’0 Aliens. Most worlds they love in eco skeletons due to underdeveloped muscles. These guys ar the inventors/scientists. Hence their importance.

Arcon: Pilots, gunners, and part time soldiers. They are flightless birds ( ancestors could fly. So they remember how to do 3D motion. Hence piloting.) have excellent senses, but hollow bones

Modon: Massive ogre like mammals without hair. They are dim and child like. They stick to mining and construction. They used to fight, they almost died completely. But it’s not their time as they smarten up.

Xonchiba: Large turtle people who do the diplomat and law keeping laws. In reality the ones with law making. A bit of a struggle between time and Sophonts. They also used their influence to be ones to direct the armed services ( your boss. Gamers. Happy trails.)

The Gomle : They monitor all life and make lists of all the creatures in known space. They govern Earth now and restoring the planet and they are also redirecting things like dinosaurs. What they do across space. And they are Plant people.

Independent Business: 3

Iuleian Web: Hive Mind amphibians who are into the science.

The Dai Ryu: Genetic altered beings. They non Human , just taller and have tails. Tails like reptile, even capable of changing into draconic forms at times. True free lance Mercs. Also do Arts.

Astral Smith: Pretty much dwarves, in science setting. They make fear, and stick to mining. Offer to make things, including ships and Mecha/Power Armor.

Combat monsters: note they are too busy fighting themselves, making it easier to contain with council, still got to fight them though. 4 in question and non are robots. Robots are combat aids so any dice can employ.

Krell: Creatures That are immune to radiation, akin to centaurs, skinny but strong bodies with claws and four arms. The bottom half akin to a spider, capable of stabbing surfaces to climb. And tough hide to be hard to harm.

Aragami: They are Animal, Plant, And Niberal in one. They reproduce by spores, if die their plant and minerals can grow into new ones. Sometimes they burn their dead as energy fuel. Their form are strong looking reptile folk with dreads. They are freakishly strong and do have a healing factor. They can live off anything. Meat, plants, rocks, and even cosmic radiation.

Grudge Bringers: Creatures Of absolute horror that have psionic a and genetic memory. They remember their times as being spaced. Driven that it is there, seek to murder or enslave others. Before it happens to them.

Hivers: Big ass bugs. Caste system and they actually have independent thoughts

I'll make a character later today or tomorrow.

Cool. And yes you guys can get super powers. Warhammer style ( genetic tampering) or evenadvanced cybernetic Stuff.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Chou Lives View Post
    Cool. And yes you guys can get super powers. Warhammer style ( genetic tampering) or evenadvanced cybernetic Stuff.
    That was obvious when you let "Captain Harlock" allocate 21 points instead of 18.

Wait a minute. Yeah it looks like over twenty points. I got excited for a moment, a dial down is needed. No worries though, each generation gap makes characters stronger. As 5 gen they have 24 and at 20 it’s like 32.

I did? I thought I used 18 since we start with 1 by default. My math sucks. Fixed.
    Last edited by TerryAce; 04-25-2019 at 08:30 PM.