Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    BANNED

Default Action Comics#1010 Discussion and Spoilers

Kate Spencer/Alias Kate Spencer visits Director Bones and finishes him off, Lois and Clark arrive in London and meet agent Tiger of Spiral in a book shop. The mysterious creature that attacked Sam comes gunning for them. Clark throws the creature into space where it explodes into blue energy, he returns to the book store to find Lois and Tiger gone. Meanwhile, Jimmy annoys Waller at the fortress by constantly taking photos of her.

Very much a filling meal of an issue...but hey, we get to see Chaz in the Super-suit and a fun flashback to the last time Lois and Clark went undercover with these aliases ("Supergirl, whey?!")
    Last edited by Miles To Go; 04-24-2019 at 02:35 AM.

It's a good issue, overall - though I'm kinda surprised that he was calling to Lois by name when he came back to Earth... she's still disguised. That was weird. Other than that, I liked it.
    Hear my new CD "Love The World Away", available on iTunes, Google Music, Spotify, Shazam, and Amazon: https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B01N5XYV..._waESybX1C0RXK via @amazon
    www.jamiekelleymusic.com
    TV interview here: https://snjtoday.com/snj-today-hotline-jamie-kelley/

Is Question in this one?
    Pull List:
    DC: Batman, Nightwing, Red Hood: Outlaw, Detective Comics, Superman, Action Comics, Young Justice, Legion of Superheroes, John Constantine: Hellblazer, Batman Beyond, Dark Nights: Death Metal
    MARVEL: Fantastic Four, Daredevil, The Immortal Hulk, Venom, Web of Venom, Dawn of X
    BOOM STUDIOS: Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Willow, Angel and Spike
    DARK HORSE: Bill and Ted are doomed.
    IMAGE: The Walking Dead: Deluxe

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Denirac View Post
    Is Question in this one?
    No, he is not

What did Supergirl say...that was odd.
    Great art, as usual.
    Issue felt like a slow set-up to me.

Quote Originally Posted by JAK View Post
    It's a good issue, overall - though I'm kinda surprised that he was calling to Lois by name when he came back to Earth... she's still disguised. That was weird. Other than that, I liked it.
    Her cover was blown when "Chaz" showen that he was Superman. There was no point in calling her "Andi" after that.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Eto View Post
    What did Supergirl say...that was odd.
    Great art, as usual.
    Issue felt like a slow set-up to me.
    nothing it was penguin talking

Quote Originally Posted by redmax99 View Post
    nothing it was penguin talking
    Yep, pretty much.
    Bendis speak ftw!
    *yeey* /s

I thought it was pretty solid, if a little on the short side. Lois continues to remind me of Erica Durance version. If that's the voice Bendis settles on for her I'm definitely ok with that.

Talia offing Mr. Bones was surprising. Liked that she finally is making an appearance here and maybe Sam Lane is the next loose thread she needs to tie up. Wonder what her interest in Adam Strange is though.

If it's a running joke that people now think Superman's secret ID is Chaz, that's actually kinda funny.

Someone, either Bendis or Epting, got confused about which Kane ran Spyral. 'Cause it sure wasn't ever Kate Kane.
    Mega fan of: Helena Bertinelli (pre-52), Batwoman, Birds of Prey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Secret Six
    Fan of: Batman, Cassandra Cain, Wonder Woman, Silk, Stephanie Brown, Captain America, Hellcat, Renee Montoya, Gotham Central, King Shark
    Quasi-Fan of: Aquaman, Midnighter, Superman, Catwoman, Nightwing, Green Arrow, Squadron Supreme, Red Hood

Other likes: Low, Hush, Arkham Asylum: ASHoSE, Watchmen, A-Force, Bombshells, Grayson, Unfollow

Team Cap (both Rogers and Danvers)

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Caivu View Post
    Someone, either Bendis or Epting, got confused about which Kane ran Spyral. 'Cause it sure wasn't ever Kate Kane.
    Yeah that was something.

I can buy a previously unseen past adventure where Superman and Lois went undercover into Spyral business to save Nemesis from the Penguin for somehow and Greg Rucka's Checkmate was involved. That part, sure. But an unseen past huge change-up where Batwoman ends up running Spyral? Not so much.

I mean I could conceivably buy Kate taking over Spyral, too, actually. She's not at all a bad candidate for it, she hasn't had that much to do after Tynion's Detective/Batwoman run. She's got a familial connection. And Kathy Netz is definitely underground/presumed dead/missing in action after Spyral's End.

But you gotta tell that story somewhere, and so it comes across as an editorial mistake. Or else it should just be Nightwing. Which is what it should be anyway. Because duh it would be better for this story, better for Superman/Lois/Jimmy interactions, and obviously obviously better than ma-effin' "Ric".
    Retro315 no more. Anonymity is so 2005.
    retrowarbird.blogspot.com

Quote Originally Posted by K. Jones View Post
    I mean I could conceivably buy Kate taking over Spyral, too, actually. She's not at all a bad candidate for it,
    Huh? She'd be a terrible candidate for it. Not because she doesn't have the skills, but because she would hate the kind of organization it is. It was literally founded by a Nazi, for starters. And after all the crap the DEO put her through? Yeah, no. She already has a job and a vigilante role she's satisfied with.
    Last edited by Caivu; 04-24-2019 at 12:07 PM.
    Mega fan of: Helena Bertinelli (pre-52), Batwoman, Birds of Prey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Secret Six
    Fan of: Batman, Cassandra Cain, Wonder Woman, Silk, Stephanie Brown, Captain America, Hellcat, Renee Montoya, Gotham Central, King Shark
    Quasi-Fan of: Aquaman, Midnighter, Superman, Catwoman, Nightwing, Green Arrow, Squadron Supreme, Red Hood

Other likes: Low, Hush, Arkham Asylum: ASHoSE, Watchmen, A-Force, Bombshells, Grayson, Unfollow

Team Cap (both Rogers and Danvers)

Basically a set up issue but I’m happy to see that Tiger hasn’t been forgotten entirely. Editorial should’ve caught that Kathy/Kate mix-up, that’s on them. People thinking Supes is Chaz is probably going to be something going forward which has the potential to be amusing. I liked Kelex unintentionally being sassy to Waller by pointing out she’s stuck in the middle of the Bermuda Triangle and thus can’t “go” anywhere. I’m glad Talia is finally making an appearance, I hope she does play a big role in what’s going on. Also hope Bones isn’t really dead, I quite like him. Good issue overall imo.

Quote Originally Posted by MeGrimlock420 View Post
    Her cover was blown when "Chaz" showen that he was Superman. There was no point in calling her "Andi" after that.
    Was it, though? He thought Chaz was Superman - doesn't necessarily mean she's Lois.
    Hear my new CD "Love The World Away", available on iTunes, Google Music, Spotify, Shazam, and Amazon: https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B01N5XYV..._waESybX1C0RXK via @amazon
    www.jamiekelleymusic.com
    TV interview here: https://snjtoday.com/snj-today-hotline-jamie-kelley/

Quote Originally Posted by JAK View Post
    Was it, though? He thought Chaz was Superman - doesn't necessarily mean she's Lois.
    Tiger has a gun. Lois doesn't. Kinda easy to find out who's under that wig.