Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Mutant X View Post
    Terrible.

Betsy was always a confident woman.
    While Brian was the shy kid, she was the outgoing one.
    She was a supermodel and never had problems showing her body:

The only insecurity she overcome with the body swap was not be able to physically fight the enemies as a X-men.
    It looks like the writer just wanted to express some of her own experiences on the character.

The rest of the issue was boring as hell.
    It is well known that many supermodels have eating disorders and problems with their image. And many times extroverted personalities are defense mechanisms (like Mary Jane Watson).

There is absolutely nothing wrong with this characterization.

Quote Originally Posted by Mutant X View Post
    Terrible.

Betsy was always a confident woman.
    While Brian was the shy kid, she was the outgoing one.
    She was a supermodel and never had problems showing her body:

The only insecurity she overcome with the body swap was not be able to physically fight the enemies as a X-men.
    It looks like the writer just wanted to express some of her own experiences on the character.

The rest of the issue was boring as hell.
    As mentioned super models are the people with the worst body image perceptions. Just bc they flaunt themselves in front of the camera, doesnt mean they see themselves as beautiful. Body dysmorphia is a real thing within that profession

This is just so so boring. I’m just not entertained at all by this event.

I think by now if you’re reading Age of X-Man, there are certain aspects of cape comics that aren’t at the forefront of this event. Punching and firing energy blasts is one aspect.

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    It is well known that many supermodels have eating disorders and problems with their image. And many times extroverted personalities are defense mechanisms (like Mary Jane Watson).

There is absolutely nothing wrong with this characterization.
    I disagree.
    This characterization just makes Betsy a weaker character and makes Kwannon more important.

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    I think by now if you’re reading Age of X-Man, there are certain aspects of cape comics that aren’t at the forefront of this event. Punching and firing energy blasts is one aspect.
    So? What is your point here?
    It isn’t the first x-comic to not feature punching and firing energy blasts.

Quote Originally Posted by JaffyJayne View Post
    So? What is your point here?
    It isn’t the first x-comic to not feature punching and firing energy blasts.
    And it won’t be the last, and I’m sure those will be called “boring” too.

Quote Originally Posted by king81992 View Post
    Blob is a surprisingly good boss. This is the first time I've found him likable and I hope he stays semi heroic when this event ends. Moneta getting BTFOed and cast out made me happy.
    Look at poor Sabertooth.

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    And it won’t be the last, and I’m sure those will be called “boring” too.
    I do get what you're saying here but I think there is something going beyond that complaint that is a bigger problem for some of us complainers. It's not that there is a lack of punching, but a lack of storytelling. All we're getting is "there's a mystery" with not a lot in way of clues or shocking reveals. We have two more issues in each book before the finale and some of these storylines feel like they are still in the first chapter of a 500 page novel. If it wasn't for the fact that we all know NixPox was coming in a few short months, we'd be convinced we were staying in this "dimension" for a full year at the rate things are unfolding. They might read better collected in the end, but even as one of the more optimistic people on these boards I just feel like we're in for a very forced and sloppy resolution here.

Quote Originally Posted by king81992 View Post
    Blob is a surprisingly good boss. This is the first time I've found him likable and I hope he stays semi heroic when this event ends. Moneta getting BTFOed and cast out made me happy.
    I honestly wouldn’t be opposed to him joining the X-Men, even if only temporarily after Age of X-Man. He shows that he’s a pretty good person at heart here.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    I honestly wouldn’t be opposed to him joining the X-Men, even if only temporarily after Age of X-Man. He shows that he’s a pretty good person at heart here.
    I mean just a few years back he helped keep Dazzler captive in a medically induced coma so he could harvest MGH from her, but sure he's good at heart

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

He's only nice cuz brain washing.
    "Cable was right!"

Quote Originally Posted by Beetle View Post
    I mean just a few years back he helped keep Dazzler captive in a medically induced coma so he could harvest MGH from her, but sure he's good at heart
    Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    He's only nice cuz brain washing.
    sure but that doesnt mean that the events of AoX cant cause him to reevaluate his life, the decisions he's made and actively try to be a better person.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    sure but that doesnt mean that the events of AoX cant cause him to reevaluate his life, the decisions he's made and actively try to be a better person.
    Plenty of villains have turned good, the argument is that Blob is not "good at heart."

Frenzy was not a villain also before Age of X?

Blob can be the new Frenzy.