Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default War of The Realms - Uncanny X-men #1 [LGY 635] Spoiler Discussion

Just when I lost faith in Rosenberg, this issue came out and is his best one from his X-men stint. I kinda wish this had been an actual Uncanny tie in issue as opposed to separate mini. It added much needed character interaction and clarity that is lacking from the lightning fast UXM issues

Hope mimiced a mutant with a very distinct power signature. Sunspot is incoming!

With just how bad everyone hated #16, the board should collectively read the issue after this mini to see if the quality improves.

Okay, now we're talking. This was a great issue. Just too bad we couldn't have read this before #16 and it would have made things flow a LOT more logically. Seriously wonder what they are thinking when they do this kind of thing.

Quote Originally Posted by pandafarmer View Post
    Okay, now we're talking. This was a great issue. Just too bad we couldn't have read this before #16 and it would have made things flow a LOT more logically. Seriously wonder what they are thinking when they do this kind of thing.
    Seriously. Whose idea was it to kneecap the writer by releasing a whole mini-series between the panels of the main book?

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

This was good if you like all the X-men but Magik written as incompetent jerks, with Cyclops being petty too added for good measure.

Quote Originally Posted by Anduinel View Post
    Seriously. Whose idea was it to kneecap the writer by releasing a whole mini-series between the panels of the main book?
    And never bother to warn readers about it.

this issue is full of action, good art and interesting developments. Also Scott being ignored haha

I still want my lesbians

They could've used the triple shipping to just do two WOTR issues this month, the last one in the next, and then kept the triple's through June to get back on schedule. BUT that could have caused art headaches and maybe event spoilers.

I'm fine with chronology shenanigans though, so I don't mind.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

The comic has not been bad, but the characterization of all those who are not Magik is jerkass, incompetent or both at the same time.

That # 16 did not have an explanation of "This comic takes place after War of the Realms!" it's terrible.

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    The comic has not been bad, but the characterization of all those who are not Magik is jerkass, incompetent or both at the same time.

That # 16 did not have an explanation of "This comic takes place after War of the Realms!" it's terrible.
    It was a okay issue however I will not be following it. It explains what is happening in UXM 16 now.

I've reread the comic and Hope is directly unlikeable. Talking about a shot in the head with which you have made someone lose their eye and access to their powers without even apologizing is just bad. Like Deadpool bad but without being funny.

Magik throwing herself into all situations without bothering to explain anything of what she does just complicates things unnecessarily. Orphan-maker in his day was Colossus level, he could have killed Scott, Alex, Rahne and Madrox perfectly.

So maybe both are made for each other.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post

Are this and UXM #16 both showing legacy #635 on the cover?

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

I have no idea who thought Legacy numbering spin-offs was a good idea.
    "Cable was right!"