Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    there is no time for sexual diversity, more kittylossus!!!
    Marvel on the last 3 decades.

Quote Originally Posted by baltiroo View Post
    Magik is not my favorite character. But I do think there is an abundance of evidence that she is and should probably be asexual. Her time in Limbo truly changed her and I think that it made her not want to have any relationship with either sex. I can see her being gay absolutely and I think Kitty is her unattainable love, that is partly why no one is good enough for her - they would have to beat/replace Kitty and I don't think Illyana is ready for that. I think Illyana is the real chance for representation that we might not get otherwise, but I put her character development over any romantic entanglement.

That said, I do love that this series focuses on the New Mutants. I just hope that they get a real chance to shine and be the competent strong characters that Xavier, Magneto and Cable trained them to be (yes, I know that they weren't ALL trained by all of them). I have never taken a shine to Hope since she came back as a teen to the present. I partly blame the writers since they just don't know what to do with her. She doesn't really feel like a fully realized character but more a deus ex machina when needed.
    ok, thi sis a better explanation than I was expecting
    Last edited by spirit2011; 04-25-2019 at 07:22 AM.

As a story line, it reads so much better than Uncanny that it is literally uncanny. Is it because Rosenberg is focused on one story? Could it be Perez superior storytelling art? Could it be the lack of Wolverine sucking up the oxygen? Whatever it is, I enjoyed it. My main problem is how annoying Havok is. Not only does he sound like a bratty little brother, his powers have been totally under played. Over in Avengers the SSoA are going through the frost giants like tissue paper while Alex couldn't even give one a sunburn. At least Banshee could handle his business. Speaking of Sean: he can talk now?

Never like Hope so why start now. She's still worthless.

Rosenberg still doesn't seem to know how to write Xian's powers. At one time, she could have controlled nearly all of those elves and two giants and forced them to kill each other.

I don't know why 'Berto is in the sewers but I can't wait to see what happens.

Dani's powers needs to be explained. I guess her bow and arrows are the “focused totality of her psychic powers”, that does physical damage like Betsy's.

Loved seeing Rahne different lupo forms.

Jamie needs Peter David to make him interesting.

Scott is Meh.

Good to see Chamber unleashed.

Can't wait for part 2.

That's a really excellent point. What IS Berto doing down in the sewer system??

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    Whatever he's doing down there he had to have come after Doc Strange did that massive spell that go all the humans out of New York. Why he would go to there but not answer Jean's call to action hopefully will be explain next issue.

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by baltiroo View Post
    Magik is not my favorite character. But I do think there is an abundance of evidence that she is and should probably be asexual. Her time in Limbo truly changed her and I think that it made her not want to have any relationship with either sex. I can see her being gay absolutely and I think Kitty is her unattainable love, that is partly why no one is good enough for her - they would have to beat/replace Kitty and I don't think Illyana is ready for that. I think Illyana is the real chance for representation that we might not get otherwise, but I put her character development over any romantic entanglement.
    Yeah, first of all I don't see Illyana as lesbian or in love with Kitty. One has to keep in mind that some people think that of literally every teenage girl Claremont wrote (see Kitty/Rachel or Dani/Rahne most notably, but not only them), and that Claremont didn't turn them into canonical lesbians because he couldn't since Shooter wouldn't let him if he tried, but that was just his style of writing dialogue that was too melodramatic at times, specially with teenagers- he returned to the X-men in the 2000's and could have revealed any of them as lesbian or bi, but didn't. I don't see any more evidence of Illyana being lesbian than, say, Rahne. Not to mention her being in love with Kitty turns Illyana's relationship with her and Piotr into something very disturbing (think that ending of Gillen's run with Piotr or Illyana talking to Kitty before the wedding and see what I mean)

That said. Limbo clearly messed her up and she hasn't show much romantic interest in anyone, but that doesn't make her asexual necessarily, just traumatized; in fact, a good story certainly could be written of Illyana finally getting interested and developing a romantic relationship with someone, managing to overcome the traumas she suffered.

The last thing we know about Roberto is that he wanted to protect New York mutants like Citizen X.

Maybe there were some Morlocks in the depths of the sewers?

Astonishing Member Askani's Flame's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    The last thing we know about Roberto is that he wanted to protect New York mutants like Citizen X.

Maybe there were some Morlocks in the depths of the sewers?
    Or maybe Doctor Strange doesn't consider the Morlocks (or mutants) humans so they were left to fend for themselves

Quote Originally Posted by Askani's Flame View Post
    Or maybe Doctor Strange doesn't consider the Morlocks (or mutants) humans so they were left to fend for themselves
    It can not be because Logan was teleported.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    Yeah, first of all I don't see Illyana as lesbian or in love with Kitty. One has to keep in mind that some people think that of literally every teenage girl Claremont wrote (see Kitty/Rachel or Dani/Rahne most notably, but not only them), and that Claremont didn't turn them into canonical lesbians because he couldn't since Shooter wouldn't let him if he tried, but that was just his style of writing dialogue that was too melodramatic at times, specially with teenagers- he returned to the X-men in the 2000's and could have revealed any of them as lesbian or bi, but didn't. I don't see any more evidence of Illyana being lesbian than, say, Rahne. Not to mention her being in love with Kitty turns Illyana's relationship with her and Piotr into something very disturbing (think that ending of Gillen's run with Piotr or Illyana talking to Kitty before the wedding and see what I mean)

That said. Limbo clearly messed her up and she hasn't show much romantic interest in anyone, but that doesn't make her asexual necessarily, just traumatized; in fact, a good story certainly could be written of Illyana finally getting interested and developing a romantic relationship with someone, managing to overcome the traumas she suffered.
    Rosenberg said Magik is in love with Kitty.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by norj View Post
    Current front-runners for a Magik ship are Leah, Karma, Dani and cake.

The part where Illyana knows she's intrinsically toxic, that she has a proven record of killing those she loves (Cat, Old Woman Storm, Sapna, EVERONE & Everything repeatedly while replaying the ElderWar multiple times to extinction, consuming all of Limbo vs Dormammu, watching Cyclops die of CrystalCloud), suggests that to the extent she truly loves someone, she would let them free so she doesn't devour them like cake (preferably Devil's Food.)

On the other hand, practicing with an utterly disposable character like Hope seems like a modest proposal...

Incredible Member

Doesn't Sunspot's powers work by absorbing sunlight to power up? If Hope copied this power, she would basically need to charge up or did she somehow copy Sunspot's current charge as well.

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    Rosenberg said Magik is in love with Kitty.
    Yeah, I don't cara what he says, if there's no evidence for that; they clearly were not in love in, say, Bendis' run or any other since she returned.

BANNED

It wasn't that Bad. I actually liked it. And i'm happy that they are finally putting continuity in here.

Quote Originally Posted by raidensix View Post
    Doesn't Sunspot's powers work by absorbing sunlight to power up? If Hope copied this power, she would basically need to charge up or did she somehow copy Sunspot's current charge as well.
    Maybe originally but that hasn’t been the case in decades. His powers evolved such that he can absorb multiple forms of energy including light, radiation or thermal energy

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    The right thing, as usual.