Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by magneticmushroom View Post
    Seeing as how the art team here (Pérez, R. Rosenberg) is the same as Uncanny 4, 7, and 10, I'm surprised how different this looks. As always, whatever Pere Pérez is doing next, I hope it's an X-book.

Was it my imagination, or was Alex a little less douchey and a little bit funnier here? Could the art really be the difference?

Side note: The pacing and the scope of the fighting felt like the best parts of 90s X-Men with all of the fat (see: pouches and grandstanding) trimmed off.
    In a UXM comic outside the mini, Havok blowing up the house would have ended up with a metal splinter hitting Dani in the neck or something like that.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    The comic has not been bad, but the characterization of all those who are not Magik is jerkass, incompetent or both at the same time.

That # 16 did not have an explanation of "This comic takes place after War of the Realms!" it's terrible.
    Are this and UXM #16 both showing legacy #635 on the cover?

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

I have no idea who thought Legacy numbering spin-offs was a good idea.
    "Cable was right!"

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    I have no idea who thought Legacy numbering spin-offs was a good idea.
    the only thing I can think of is that they are trying to get to Uncanny X-men 650 faster

Hope is such a brat. I know that's in character for her, but being completely unapologetic about half blinding your grandfather because he tried to stop you from murdering a politician is a bit sociopathic (which again, in character for her)

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Beetle View Post
    Hope is such a brat. I know that's in character for her, but being completely unapologetic about half blinding your grandfather because he tried to stop you from murdering a politician is a bit sociopathic (which again, in character for her)
    I'll be honest: Hope has been so far the best part of the team. Scott doesn't have her respect because he hasn't earned it, and she DID only shoot because Logan attacked her - she can't entirely be blamed for what happened and they have more things to discuss than that. And I mean, Scott was going to let his team potentially die in the darkness. Hope wasn't. So, points to her.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    Thanks, I love it.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Harpsikord View Post
    I'll be honest: Hope has been so far the best part of the team. Scott doesn't have her respect because he hasn't earned it, and she DID only shoot because Logan attacked her - she can't entirely be blamed for what happened and they have more things to discuss than that. And I mean, Scott was going to let his team potentially die in the darkness. Hope wasn't. So, points to her.
    How can somebody not be entirely blamed for a thing that happened because they WERE POINTING A DAMN GUN TO ANOTHER PERSON TO THREATEN THEM I'll never know, but whatever whitewashes the little ginger's blame.

Also, Scott is right, Hope could not be fully trusted here. She was capable of letting her men try to kill the X-Men, you never know when the next heel turn will come around.

Quote Originally Posted by PrezValentine View Post
    How can somebody not be entirely blamed for a thing that happened because they WERE POINTING A DAMN GUN TO ANOTHER PERSON TO THREATEN THEM I'll never know, but whatever whitewashes the little ginger's blame.
    She was being talked down and, as far as we know, wasn't actually going to fire. She didn't pull the trigger until Logan slashed her, making that a reaction and putting just as much blame on Logan. And yet they can trust Logan despite the fact that he is a loose cannon that got his team leader/teammate shot in the face.

Also, Scott is right, Hope could not be fully trusted here. She was capable of letting her men try to kill the X-Men, you never know when the next heel turn will come around.
    Boo I didn't say they didn't have a reason not to trust her, they absolutely do. I'm just saying that as a leader Hope made the right call here. If Scott weren't so untrusting toward Hope and Banshee (despite that he gives Sean orders, later) maybe he could have made the call to split the team, but he was too stubborn to even consider it despite the extenuating circumstance.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

Quote Originally Posted by PrezValentine View Post

That is a completely wrong characterization of Hope. she would never kill x-men for political reasons
    Anyway x-men need everyone to fight, they can't choose

Quote Originally Posted by Harpsikord View Post
    Except that Scott earned Hope's respect on numerous occasions between Second Coming and AvsX. She only had a tantrum because he had risen and Cable was dead.

If you shoot someone in the eye and you do not apologize, you are a sociopath.

Anyway, if the situation is so desperate is because Magik and Dani acted impulsively without counting the rest of the group. You do not disappear in the middle of a fight without telling anyone where you're going, especially not when your teammates are losing the fight. If Dani had bothered to explain the situation to the rest, I'm sure they would have left Orphan-maker and the Egg and they could all go together to help in New York.
    Last edited by Glio; 04-24-2019 at 12:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    That is a completely wrong characterization of Hope. she would never kill x-men for political reasons
    I guarantee the only reason that she attempted to and literally did assassinate that politician is because mutants were in such dire straits. Her actions are justified, if not something that can be agreed with.

Aw yes, Hope. A character we can actually compare to Magneto and then hopefully, Hitler.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    Aw yes, Hope. A character we can actually compare to Magneto and then hopefully, Hitler.
    How can Hope be like Magneto or Hitler if she does not destroy a toxic cloud that kills mutants.