Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4567891011 LastLast

Psssst...the real story is in the gutter!

Happy Poetry Month Everybody!
    Last edited by sungila; 04-27-2019 at 12:17 AM.
    “The reason of the unreasonableness which against my reason is wrought, doth so weaken my reason, as with all reason I do justly complain on your beauty.”
    ― Miguel de Cervantes Don Quixote

Considering the frost giants and the month, I'm going with the first few lines of The Waste Land by T. S. Eliot.

April is the cruellest month, breeding
    Lilacs out of the dead land, mixing
    Memory and desire, stirring
    Dull roots with spring rain.
    Winter kept us warm, covering
    Earth in forgetful snow, feeding
    A little life with dried tubers.
    Summer surprised us...
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    that was just his style of writing dialogue
    that style being "gay AF"

he returned to the X-men in the 2000's and could have revealed any of them as lesbian or bi, but didn't
    You accidentally added a "'nt" to the end there. Obviously you meant to write "did", because he did. Mekanix and The End exist.

I guess when Chris Claremont said that Rachel was the love of Kitty's life, he was just misinterpreting Chris Claremont's melodramatic style of dialogue.

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mackandal View Post
    that style being "gay AF"

You accidentally added a "'nt" to the end there. Obviously you meant to write "did", because he did. Mekanix and The End exist.

I guess when Chris Claremont said that Rachel was the love of Kitty's life, he was just misinterpreting Chris Claremont's melodramatic style of dialogue.
    Who did Claremont revealed as gay other than Karma (Ironically, one of the least speculated as lesbian characters)?

Also, The End isn't canon and Claremont himself wrote Kitty as straight and in a relationship with Colossus, which only ended due to Shooter's interference. Word of author doesn't mean much if he doesn't make it canon (that also doesn't make Illyana, or Dani, or Rahne gay for that matter).

The X-Office has refused to make Lord Claremont's word law despite countless opportunities for no sensible reason.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

I just wanted to say, aside from the fact that I quite liked this first issue, I'm liking this thread even more because the OP included the Legacy number in the thread's title. Well done Havok83! It would be cool if we always referenced both the new and the LGY numbering even though I know it can be a big effort and we all love being laaaaazy. Or at least I do.

BANNED

Who did Claremont revealed as gay other than Karma (Ironically, one of the least speculated as lesbian characters)?

Not really. If you have been a rape victim or seen your close relatives being raped by pirates when you were a child , you have a certain abhorrent feelings of having sex with men.

I suggest you go and read Karma's origin.

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jalsrix View Post
    Not really. If you have been a rape victim or seen your close relatives being raped by pirates, you have a certain abhorrent feelings of having sex with men.

I'm not saying it was out of character, just that she had less speculation than pretty much every other teenage female Claremont wrote.

Quote Originally Posted by PrezValentine View Post
    The right thing, as usual.
    ha riiiiight!!!
    I'm not saying it was out of character, just that she had less speculation than pretty much every other teenage female Claremont wrote.
    nah I knew Karma was a lesbian with a Kapital D....I mean shes a librarian

Also, The End isn't canon and Claremont himself wrote Kitty as straight and in a relationship with Colossus, which only ended due to Shooter's interference. Word of author doesn't mean much if he doesn't make it canon (that also doesn't make Illyana, or Dani, or Rahne gay for that matter).
    Karma was HEAVILY speculated to be gay. Maybe not during the original NM run but her appearance in XForce 75 solidified it to the point when it was actually confirmed, it wasnt a shock

Quote Originally Posted by jalsrix View Post
    Not really. If you have been a rape victim or seen your close relatives being raped by pirates when you were a child , you have a certain abhorrent feelings of having sex with men.

being raped doesnt make someone gay

Amazing Member

Never understood hope much other than a plot device. So hope is pretty much a female mimic 😒 really don't care for her.

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Shankarma1 View Post
    Never understood hope much other than a plot device. So hope is pretty much a female mimic �� really don't care for her.
    No, because Mimic can only keep five powers at a home: Hope can use several and uses them to their best ability, so she's more like Synch/current Rogue mixed with Cable.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

Quote Originally Posted by Harpsikord View Post
    No, because Mimic can only keep five powers at a home: Hope can use several and uses them to their best ability, so she's more like Synch/current Rogue mixed with Cable.
    I thought the five power limit was just the Exiles Mimic

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Beetle View Post
    I thought the five power limit was just the Exiles Mimic
    Nah. Mimic can only have five powers at a time. To get a new one he has to sacrifice another.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

Quote Originally Posted by Harpsikord View Post
    To be fair have we ever seen Hope use more than 5 powers simultaneously?