Default The Invisible Kingdom : written by G.Willow Wilson and art by Christian ward

Anyone else interested and picking it up?

I enjoyed the first issue. So issue #2 is on my radar this week.
    Pull List: The Black Hammer, Bitch Planet, Copperhead, Hellboy/BPRD, Monstress, Ms. Marvel, Southern Cross

Twitter: @JavasaurusRex

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

The first issue didn't grab me, but I plan to read issue 2.

Read issue #1, picking up #2 this weekend. I'll say it isn't quite what I expected. Issue 1 has a heavy emphasis on a sort of monastery society where one of the main characters goes. Presumably that's a very long journey she makes, blindfolded, but before the issue is over she already discovers a sort of dark secret of the religious order. I didn't really get whether a lot of time had passed in-universe or not, but it felt like a very sudden twist that basically occurs on day one of her arrival there.
    I'm assuming her storyline joins the one of the interstellar delivery guys, but I'm not sure yet if that's actually I story I want to read about yet. I'll give it the first arc to see, though.

The art is gorgeous of course. Christian Ward does outer space like no other, loved his work on ODY-C (with Matt Fraction) prior to this too. Secretly still hoping that series will ever continue.

332821.jpg 340192.jpg 342518.jpg
    Covers for Invisible Kingdom #1, #4, and #5.
    All the cool cats are reading CBR's Community Standards & Rules!