Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Krypto's Fleas View Post
    What a seriously stupid story.
    I completely agree. A waste of my money and DC's reputation. Really, really bad.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Blue22 View Post
    Good lord, that reminds me. How many options did they go through before just deciding to let Dick go about his life the way he is now? Could psychics like Ms. Martian or Lilith have prevented "Ric"? Or healers like Djinn? There are so many easy outs for problems like the ones Dick and Wally are going through that I can't believe not a single writer has at least tried to explain why they didn't go those routes.

Hell, King never explains why Wally uses time travel to help cover up his accidental killings and frame two innocent people before killing himself...instead of just going back in time and stopping himself from killing all those people in the first place. He made this whole thing WAY more complicated and heinous than it needed to be.
    EXACTLY. That was my thought when reading it.

Astonishing Member Timothy Hunter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Adset View Post
    Looking forward to 10 years down the road when we discover he was actually possessed by Parallax.

Make that 1 or 2 years. This plot twist will not last. Even though the higher ups despise West, I'm sure there are plenty of writers who are fans of the character who already fantasizing about retconning Heroes in Crisis into oblivion.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Timothy Hunter View Post
    Make that 1 or 2 years. This plot twist will not last. Even though the higher ups despise West, I'm sure there are plenty of writers who are fans of the character who already fantasizing about retconning Heroes in Crisis into oblivion.
    Identity Crisis was so bad, and so berated afterward, I just don't know why they wanted to go down this road again. DC tries to be "edgy" and just goes awful instead. I agree that this should never have happened in the first place - it was the opposite of the direction Johns was heading, and Johns very much understands the average DC comic reader.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Timothy Hunter View Post
    I'm not sure the plot twist will last pay May. The more I think about it, the more I think we have one last twist coming. I may be wrong, of course, but every review I've read keeps pointing out inconsistencies - story ones, continuity ones, interview ones - that combined just make this the weirdest story. We've had bad stories before, but they're usually self-consistently bad - the premise is dumb, the conclusion is dumb. We've had stories fail at the end - the revealed villainous plan doesn't make sense or the deux ex machina conclusion is silly. HiC is not either of those, though. Everything through issue 7 seemed so alternatingly meticulous and scattershot - Barry and Bruce come to conclusions based on the evidence that match up w/Harley and Booster's memories (meticulous plotting), then we never see them compare notes or try to reconcile their differing opinions (scattershot storytelling); we get thoughtful personal accounts of Lagoon Boy and Gnarrk's traumas while Wonder Woman and Superman basically disappeared from the narrative halfway through or earlier; Wally's trauma is deeply rooted in recent continuity, but his powers are heretofore unseen; and King mentions being inspired by worrying about school shootings, and the result is a powers-based accident.

There's not a lot of page space left to tell the conclusion, and moving from slow and methodical pacing to a rapid conclusion and denouement might be jarring or considered bad form, so I don't think we'll be seeing 5 more twists and turns in he end or anything like that, but I think there's one last trick coming up. I might be delusional or overly optimistic, sure, but a simple story where we see Wally do something specific to do good, Barry and the Trinity react to the revelations, and Booster and Harley go "Oh, we're free now" seems wrong. Why would you tell this story? Something's missing.
    Blue text denotes sarcasm

Quote Originally Posted by Quasar's Bands View Post
    I completely agree. A waste of my money and DC's reputation. Really, really bad.
    BuT cOnTrOvErSy SeLlS.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

Wally 'Ginger' West fan
    Along one of the Birkeland Currents that traverse the Milky Way. I forget the exact cross streets.

Quote Originally Posted by byrd156 View Post
    BuT cOnTrOvErSy SeLlS.
    Sells what though?
    Bad reviews may be 'talking about' but in my employment you want to keep bad reviews at a minimum. I think the saying was it takes 10 good reviews to negate one bad review or somthing like that.
    Sure, if I read about a bunch of bad reviews for something that may otherwise hold interest to me I might look into it ---but I'm not going to 'buy' anything while doing research. Why spend money to find out why so many people despise something when there are so many free avenues to explore first?

In the wake of the Green Lantern movie fiasco, how many -less- non-DC fans went to see the next DC movie on a whim versus those who decided to chance DC fare when GL first came out?

Controversy isn't necessarily something to be desired.

(Although now that I reread what I wrote: there wasn't really a controversy over GL because it was pretty much a given it was bad. Eh. *shrugs*)
    Parental care is way exhausting. Gained insight into what my parents went through when I was a baby. Not fun, but what ya gonna do? (Read comics, obviously.)

Quote Originally Posted by Quasar's Bands View Post
    Identity Crisis was so bad, and so berated afterward.
    Wasn't Identity Crisis critically acclaimed?

Astonishing Member

Every event is critically acclaimed no matter how bad it is. CWII was critically acclaimed. The critics derive their living from previews given to them by DC.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyer View Post
    Sells what though?
    Bad reviews may be 'talking about' but in my employment you want to keep bad reviews at a minimum. I think the saying was it takes 10 good reviews to negate one bad review or somthing like that.
    Sure, if I read about a bunch of bad reviews for something that may otherwise hold interest to me I might look into it ---but I'm not going to 'buy' anything while doing research. Why spend money to find out why so many people despise something when there are so many free avenues to explore first?

In the wake of the Green Lantern movie fiasco, how many -less- non-DC fans went to see the next DC movie on a whim versus those who decided to chance DC fare when GL first came out?

Controversy isn't necessarily something to be desired.

(Although now that I reread what I wrote: there wasn't really a controversy over GL because it was pretty much a given it was bad. Eh. *shrugs*)
    I know, that was sarcasm.

It's the BS that Didio keeps spouting.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

BANNED

So now that this horrid event is FINALLY OVER: What's next ?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cmbmool View Post
    So now that this horrid event is FINALLY OVER: What's next ?
    Hopefully a retcon. If there isn't a retcon, I hope that DC has a good writer lines up to do a satisfactory redemption arc for Wally.

I'm very annoyed that the Trinity actually reopened Sanctuary after this mess and didn't get called out.Their negligence was a huge factor in this tragedy.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by bob/.schoonover View Post
    SNIP

There's not a lot of page space left to tell the conclusion, and moving from slow and methodical pacing to a rapid conclusion and denouement might be jarring or considered bad form, so I don't think we'll be seeing 5 more twists and turns in he end or anything like that, but I think there's one last trick coming up. I might be delusional or overly optimistic, sure, but a simple story where we see Wally do something specific to do good, Barry and the Trinity react to the revelations, and Booster and Harley go "Oh, we're free now" seems wrong. Why would you tell this story? Something's missing.
    Well, this was not my best prediction
    Blue text denotes sarcasm

Quote Originally Posted by king81992 View Post
    Hopefully a retcon. If there isn't a retcon, I hope that DC has a good writer lines up to do a satisfactory redemption arc for Wally.

I'm very annoyed that the Trinity actually reopened Sanctuary after this mess and didn't get called out.Their negligence was a huge factor in this tragedy.
    Who wants to bet Sanctuary doesn't come up after this story?

I can't wait to see how Williamson tries to avoid dealing with HiC in his Flash book.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Who wants to bet Sanctuary doesn't come up after this story?

I can't wait to see how Williamson tries to avoid dealing with HiC in his Flash book.
    He already kinda is though isn't he? Notice how The Flash book immediately launched into a story arc that in no way could cross over with HiC. Dick got Ric'd, Titans got cancelled and other than a brief moment in Green Arrow and ended, even Red Hood avoids it like a passion. DC has gone out of their way to make sure all the books that this should be covered in avoid it like the plague.