Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Default How will the Flash and Trinity react to the events of Heroes in Crisis...(spoil)

Given how Heroes in Crisis revealed how the murders were done...I know we have one more issue, but still, it makes me wonder What will happen when the Flash learns the FULL Story of what happened in the Sanctuary ?

What will the Trinity take from the FULL Story of what happen in the Sanctuary ?

How can they cope with spoilers:
    the original Wally West being a murder, losing his family that badly and not doing anything to try to help him outside of the Sanctuary ?
    end of spoilers

Astonishing Member

It will not effect them in any significant way and will be brushed under the rug while they do wacky Snyder hijinks. If anything they will treat Wally as an anomaly who is at fault and they had no control over the outcome of it, pinning all the blame on him. Thus sending him to the suicide squad should his suicide not stick.

It sucks to be right BohemiaDrinker's Avatar
    If i was a comic character, my surname would be DaCosta

They won't care.

Flash year one is conveniently positioned in a point where they can avoid Barry dealing with it.

The other 3 will shrug.
    ConnEr Kent flies. ConnOr Hawke has a bow. Batman's kid is named DamiAn.

To do spoiler tags, use [ spoil ] at the start of the sentence and [ /spoil ] at the end, without the spaces. You're welcome!

It doesn't seem like Williamson is going to deal with it at all from future Flash solicits which...I can both appreciate and kind of be annoyed at.

Fantastic Member

Doubt this gets addressed at all in Trinity books, and when Flash gets around to it, it will just be for Barry to mope and Iris to yell at him. You know, that "real drama and tension" everyone loves so much.

I wonder what Williamson had planned before he had to go along with HiC. I suspect it was a lot better than what's actually shown up in the book over the last year, and what will continue to show up in the aftermath of this fiasco.

Astonishing Member

I'm sure Williamson had nothing planned after Flash War. Flash War was so long in the pipeline after announcement that he knew coming well in advance there was nothing to be done with Wally afterwards.

Quote Originally Posted by Truman Burbank View Post
    Doubt this gets addressed at all in Trinity books, and when Flash gets around to it, it will just be for Barry to mope and Iris to yell at him. You know, that "real drama and tension" everyone loves so much.

I wonder what Williamson had planned before he had to go along with HiC. I suspect it was a lot better than what's actually shown up in the book over the last year, and what will continue to show up in the aftermath of this fiasco.
    I don't even think I could buy Barry and Iris ever completely recovering from what happened to Wally...but they will, "because comics" .

Looking forward to 10 years down the road when we discover he was actually possessed by Parallax.

Astonishing Member

Wally is not as important as Hal Jordan. He's not going to get his very own company wide event to absolve him of his wrong doing. He's going to get the Hank Pym treatment where this follows him around for his days so everyone can remind him he's the bad egg.

Astonishing Member

The Trinity needs to face some consequences for Sanctuary. They set up an unlicensed mental health clinic and foolishly relied on AIs and simulations to treat hurt heroes instead of actual professionals. Left unsupervised, everyone there used virtual reality to relive their traumas or indulge in escapism. Then Wally went nuclear and killed everyone. What the Trinity have done is called EXTREME GROTESQUE NEGLIGENCE.

Astonishing Member

Nope, Sanctuary was fine. Wally was broken beyond repair and killed everyone. All blame lies on him. He was the one who tried to break the system that was working for everyone else. Even in the narration of this issue Wally says that Sanctuary is great and is working for everyone else but him. The Trinity will have no fault laid at their feet. Wally is the bad guy here.

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dred View Post
    Wally is not as important as Hal Jordan. He's not going to get his very own company wide event to absolve him of his wrong doing. He's going to get the Hank Pym treatment where this follows him around for his days so everyone can remind him he's the bad egg.
    Nah, if anything this will get written out of existence via the next company wide reboot.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Arsenal View Post
    Nah, if anything this will get written out of existence via the next company wide reboot.
    Yeah man, the next reboot where they'll get rid of him for good this time.

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dred View Post
    Yeah man, the next reboot where they'll get rid of him for good this time.
    They tried that last time. Gotta wait till the one after the next one before trying it again.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by BohemiaDrinker View Post
    They won't care.

Flash year one is conveniently positioned in a point where they can avoid Barry dealing with it.

The other 3 will shrug.
    This is the proper answer. The Flash book is tucking tail and basically hiding until the storm blows over, the trinity books don’t care since nothing affected this characters, and there’s no Titan book. Outside of what ever the heck Doomsday Clock does Wally’s story ends next month and dustbinned until required for future ANGST