Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by dornwolf View Post
    He already kinda is though isn't he? Notice how The Flash book immediately launched into a story arc that in no way could cross over with HiC. Dick got Ric'd, Titans got cancelled and other than a brief moment in Green Arrow and ended, even Red Hood avoids it like a passion. DC has gone out of their way to make sure all the books that this should be covered in avoid it like the plague.
    Man, DC just can't seem to make up their mind .

Fantastic Member Potanical Pardon's Avatar

If Wally has to serve some sort of penance and sentence for his crime even though it was undone then Hal should have also even though it was a space bug. I mean in life...not Purgatory/Spectre afterlife. All this does is make the JLA look like hypocrites.

Let's just Barr Torr this story. Wally is still in the Speed Force and this is some Speed Force duplicate or whatever. Besides, Barry shouldn't be Wally's anchor anyway.

Seriously, a cloned dead body? That's still messed up and the same covering up mentality, forget time loops. The heroes willingly and remorselessly chose to go with that?
    Last edited by Potanical Pardon; 05-29-2019 at 06:44 PM.

Well i haven't got the damndest clue what to make of this story tbh, i mean is there a point to this at all and if there was what wast it?

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Potanical Pardon View Post
    If Wally has to serve some sort of penance and sentence for his crime even though it was undone then Hal should have also even though it was a space bug. I mean in life...not Purgatory/Spectre afterlife. All this does is make the JLA look like hypocrites.

Let's just Barr Torr this story. Wally is still in the Speed Force and this is some Speed Force duplicate or whatever. Besides, Barry shouldn't be Wally's anchor anyway.

Seriously, a cloned dead body? That's still messed up and the same covering up mentality, forget time loops. The heroes willingly and remorselessly chose to go with that?
    Wally’s crime wasn’t undone though. Except for Poison Ivy, all the others are still dead.

Incredible Member

That was one beautifully drawn wreck of a comic series.

Quote Originally Posted by Talon1load View Post
    Wally’s crime wasn’t undone though. Except for Poison Ivy, all the others are still dead.
    Aside from Kilowog and the randoms brought back, Hal's kills weren't undone also.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Potanical Pardon View Post
    Aside from Kilowog and the randoms brought back, Hal's kills weren't undone also.
    Hall really has zero to do with this but due to the retcon, Hal wasn’t responsible because it was Parallax influencing him. He also sacrificed himself in Final Night and had to do penance as the Specter. So, it’s not like he never had to go through anything. He was also able to be influenced because he was unable to save an entire city. Wally couldn’t handle that other people have problems and then exploded energy that killed people, mutilated and staged their bodies, and framed two innocent people. He’s going to be punished until it is retconned. How do you think it would come off if he was allowed to kill all those people and get oof because he was sad?

Three Legged Member married guy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hulkout42 View Post
    Well i haven't got the damndest clue what to make of this story tbh, i mean is there a point to this at all and if there was what wast it?
    The point of this story is that Didio wanted the character Wally West destroyed.
    In his mind, he takes away from Barry Allen and can't be the Flash while Barry exists.
    It's taken a few years, but with this story he finally achieved his goal.
    "My name is Wally West. I'm the fastest man alive!"
    I'll try being nicer if you try being smarter.

BANNED

Hall really has zero to do with this but due to the retcon, Hal wasn’t responsible because it was Parallax influencing him. He also sacrificed himself in Final Night and had to do penance as the Specter. So, it’s not like he never had to go through anything. He was also able to be influenced because he was unable to save an entire city. Wally couldn’t handle that other people have problems and then exploded energy that killed people, mutilated and staged their bodies, and framed two innocent people. He’s going to be punished until it is retconned. How do you think it would come off if he was allowed to kill all those people and get oof because he was sad?
    Even if Hal was influenced it still doesn’t ignore that he did it. Being the Spectre was like Wally being the Flash after Barry.

One’s actions can’t be forgotten or forgiven even through sacrifice. I mean look at how Batman reacted to Hal Jordan’s actions both past and when he got back.

That wasn't my point. I'm saying the JLA should have Hal in a cell too after his Rebirth despite his time in Purgatory and as the Spectre. Them bulldozing Wally is hypocritical.

Parallax influencing all those deaths is just as much of a pass as Wally's accidental deaths and momentary insanity.

The Justice League will never be punished for there crimes/mistakes like Wally or Donna Troy and the Titans. The elitism that has engulfed the Justice League makes them the most corrupt people in the world and Titans life’s are examples of what the Justice League is really made of and that is a secret cabal that brings about the destruction of life’s and worlds that then sit on their pantheon to be worshipped. The Justice League used to be Heroes...

Quote Originally Posted by married guy View Post
    The point of this story is that Didio wanted the character Wally West destroyed.
    In his mind, he takes away from Barry Allen and can't be the Flash while Barry exists.
    It's taken a few years, but with this story he finally achieved his goal.
    ...well that sounds, and this is just me being honest, sound really fucking stupid. Especially for me who is a more of a Wally West fan than a Barry Allen one.

He's not wrong...

1. Remove decently doing Flash creative team for Waid as a fake out. Someone who was already done with his Flash stories and didn't have anything left to tell there. The moment that very short run showed signs of weakness, cancelation.
    2. Wally and family go I to the Speed Force/Infinite Crisis.
    3. Return him with that lightning rod JLA arc but then have him do zero after. After all, Final Crisis and Barry's back.
    3b. Flash Rebirth
    4. Flashpoint/New 52.
    5. Wallace West
    6. Return of Wally but he's a spaz, deaged, diminished, needing to ask Barry what to do like a child or having Barry/JLA members talk down to him.
    7. Give him a new costume, Flash in name only but still sidekick.
    8. For a brief moment have Barry acknowledge that Wally is better at using the Speed Force and faster.
    9. Hang out with the Titans acting like amateurs together.
    10. HiC

I don't understand what happened at all. I would love for someone to ask Tom King what was the point of this during an interview.

Astonishing Member

I know it's silly to brag about something so miserable, but:

Quote Originally Posted by Dred View Post
    It will not effect them in any significant way and will be brushed under the rug while they do wacky Snyder hijinks. If anything they will treat Wally as an anomaly who is at fault and they had no control over the outcome of it, pinning all the blame on him. Thus sending him to the suicide squad should his suicide not stick.
    Hey look, first post, right as rain. Wally is the standout failure of Sanctuary, nothing the Trinity or anyone else did was wrong, and the blame all lies on him so now he's in jail.

Suicide squad guess is obviously off of Rich's rumor, so who knows.