Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Jaws vs The Mountain

Jaws from "The Spy Who Loved Me" and "Moonraker" vs Gregor Clegane, The Mountain That Rides, from "A Game Of Thrones/ASOIAF."

Unarmed and unarmored, but Jaws gets his teeth (part of his body, arguably).

Specify your answer for either book or television Clegane, or both, as you choose, assuming it even makes a difference in the outcome.

(This is living Clegane, not zombified Clegane.)

Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

Easy win for Jaws. Clegane simply can't hurt him, and Jaws is also physically much stronger. He's legit superhuman.
    "But... But I want to be a big karate cyborg... ;_;" - Nik Hasta
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan

Jaws is a legit superhuman. Killed a shark unwater in Melee. And survived one hell of a fall without a parachute. He breaks Mountain before Mountain breaks h.

Clegane is well above normal human as well.

Dude knocked half a dozen teeth out of a man's face from a single punch /from his back/. You can only generate a fraction of your full force from that position. He's also cut a horse clean in half with one blow (off screen) and decapatitated another horde on screen in a single swing.

Don't forget crushing a man's skull between his hands like a grape.

What are Jaws' on screen feats? I remember the shark one. I vaguely remember him getting pushed off a moving train and being ok as well. Strength feats?
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

Quote Originally Posted by The Arbiter View Post
    Clegane is well above normal human as well.

Dude knocked half a dozen teeth out of a man's face from a single punch /from his back/. You can only generate a fraction of your full force from that position. He's also cut a horse clean in half with one blow (off screen) and decapatitated another horde on screen in a single swing.

Don't forget crushing a man's skull between his hands like a grape.

What are Jaws' on screen feats? I remember the shark one. I vaguely remember him getting pushed off a moving train and being ok as well. Strength feats?
    He's strong enough to lift the back end of one of those work vans, and strong enough to overpower it and push it forward while it's attempting to reverse.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

About 4:30 is where you want to look.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

...that will do it.
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

...that will do it.
    This is also after a couple tons worth of stone fell on top of him, mind you.

Arx Inosaan

I saw the title and I thought you were having The Mountain fight the shark from the movie.

I'm kind of disappointed that's not the case.
    Critics who treat adult as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence.
    - C.S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    This is also after a couple tons worth of stone fell on top of him, mind you.
    Later in the vid he stops an enormous gear/engine that is lifting a trolley sized sky tram up a mountain. Not gradually either. He stops it cold.

Dude should have murdered Bond near instantly in any grappling situation lol
    - big_adventure

Later in the vid he stops an enormous gear/engine that is lifting a trolley sized sky tram up a mountain. Not gradually either. He stops it cold.

Dude should have murdered Bond near instantly in any grappling situation lol
    Yea there's really no reason Bond should have survived any of their encounters. Jaws was a friggen monster.

Arx Inosaan

Incredible Member

and the fact that JAWS survived not one but two James Bond movie (one of which included orbital reentry) when I can't think of any other character whom did says it all.

I still want to go into the alternative timeline where Cannonball run had a spin off where Richard Kiel and Jackie Chan had a 80's action show.

the property damage alone would be ludicrous.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by shades of eternity View Post
    and the fact that JAWS survived not one but two James Bond movie (one of which included orbital reentry) when I can't think of any other character whom did says it all.

I still want to go into the alternative timeline where Cannonball run had a spin off where Richard Kiel and Jackie Chan had a 80's action show.

the property damage alone would be ludicrous.
    Jaw's Girlfriend also survived the re-entry.

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    He's strong enough to lift the back end of one of those work vans, and strong enough to overpower it and push it forward while it's attempting to reverse.
    He stopped that ski lift by grabbing the cable with his bare hands and stopping the whole ski lift.
    Power with Girl is better.

I also forgot about the orbital reentry he survived, besides.

The Mountain is fucked ... I really don't think he could even poke Jaws' eyes out, let alone do any meaningful damage with a full hit of his claymore.

Arx Inosaan